trade topic

i thought of something that could potentially happen probably won't but lets see what possibilities we can hope/dream/wish for.

ok my idea of a trade was to Toronto

so its BISHOP + ORLANDO STEINHAUR (sp) for GLENN + BOLDEN and/or MALBROUGH or some OLINE MEN THAT WE PICKED UP THIS OFF SEASON LIKE DONNELLY.

this would help us in the long run as it appears glenn is not gonna get his contract by TC so he's gone at seasons end and Taman says we need to make some cap room so it all works... BTW if you guys are wondering who fills some rolls onyengetcha would be replacement for Malbrough and we'd probably keep bolden and trade a OLINE or STEVIE BAGGS

iunno the contract option is still not set for glenn and it still might get done. i like bolden to much to let him go, only guy who really knew how to make an interception. i would give u malbrough due to the injury problems, and stevie baggs is an option because our d-line is pretty stacked.

and well i will take an upset glenn wanting a new contract somewhere else then michael bishop, never beena fa and never will be a fan of him. he is just another overated athlete in toronto to me just like mats sundin.

You honestly think Bishop can take over for Glenn?

...Bishop...for Glenn.....let's get serious :lol:
Glenn will continue to negotiate with Taman...and when its done Kevin will be a Bomber for years to come......as for the Bombers getting into the trading game.....i believe there might be something done on another back-up qb. for the BigBlue.....other than that, not much else on the horizon....

Bishop for Glenn? Taman would have to rocks in his head to make any deal along those lines.

Best Bishop lines I have ever read: "He has everything except a clue" (Steve Simmons in the Toronto Sun); and "Million dollar arm with a ten cent brain" (some poster in here whose name escapes me).

On top of that I can't see the Argos doing a deal like that either. If they try to move Bishop, it'll be to avoid a QB controversy; they sure won't want another QB coming back in the deal. If they move Bishop, they still have Joseph, Rocky Butler, 2 new kids they've already signed, and Grampa Allen. It's already crowded, if they move Bishop out to avoid controversy, bringing Glenn in just makes it worse.

Bishop's been in the same system in Toronto for years and still doesn't understand it. I've no idea why anyone would think he's in the same class as Glenn, never mind that we would trade for him.

talk about a QB controversy, the league MOP and MOP runner up on the same team!

I wouldn't be so sure man. Make sure your confidence isn't received as cockiness with Kevin. That guy doesn't mess around. You offer him what he tells you to offer him(1+1 for 385-415k), and then you'll love it when he walks in 2009 because you can afford the rest of your team.

kel

;;;;Kevin won't be walking anywhere...except to cash his cheques he gets from the BigBlue....ya see Glenn ain't no-fool...he realizes we live in cap times...has also made mention, he is aware of the fact, that a few top-ranked Bombers have signed for less in 08....I expect we'll have a multi-year deal with Glenn announced in the not too distant future...don't worry CFLgame.... :wink:

To make it official, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have never cost me one iota of worry. Ottawa on the other hand...

kel

im a little sick of hearing how good Kevin Glen is if you want to know the story about Glen all you need to do is look a few years back at Kahri Jones one good year with rec's THAT MADE HIM look good and then taman signed him to stupid $ and we were stuck with him .Berry has to defend him because he does not have anybody better (sory are back up is smart enuff but doesn t have an arm for canadian fields) when Berry came to wpg he told people that Glen was serviceable look how he did the year before. one year does not make you a great qb .ask anybody that had to live with K.J. after that one great year or anybody that has to play with Glen. he is a great back up but as a starter im not so sure if we want to trade for sombody Timmy Chang is the man. hes 3rd on the depth chart in Ham. a pure passer and has alot in common with a guy nick named A.C. and younger than most Staring qbs and backups in the cfl

Sorry man, that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard, Glenn has turned into a mature and great QB, let's hope it wasn't just a lucky season. Bishop is a choker, he choked in the playoffs the last 3 years, dumb and dumb.

Now on that topic, T.O has issues with QB'S, and will have to relese one or two of them and i heard Taman is just licking his chops to bring an experienced back-up.

Kerry Joseph- experienced but is getting older

Damon Allan- would make a good back-up to Glenn and further Dinwiddies career, maybe even become QB coach as well.

Micheal Bishop - not happy in T.O with Joseph coming in, he wants out and would have to be a back-up on any team including the BB's

Rocky Butler - He is in T.O just warming the bench and could be the perfect back-up

PLUS - 3 other prospects - one the Argo's are pretty high on.

7 qb's in camp, at least 3 gotta go and i can't see Butler, allan or Bishop on the practice roster.

AGAIN - T.O is in a contoversy and i am sure Taman is just waiting til after training camp (as well as every other team).

AND LIVE - SHUT UP MAN, WE WILL SEE IF GLENN IS A STARTER THIS YEAR. YOU JUST DON'T TRADE AWAY YOUR MVP LIKE THAT, IF HE FLAWS THIS YEAR, THAN MAYBE. AND TIMMY CHANG ISN'T THAT GREAT AND HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM, WHY DO YOU THINK HE WAS BENCHED, WE DON'T NEED THAT CRAP.

honestly what you wanting todo is get sombodies retreds Bishop is just an athlet playing qb Damon Allan is finished and buttler we didn't even want last year as for Timmy he wanted a chance to turn things around in hamlton sure it didn't work out but it didn't work out for anybody out there ,did it ....and before you say Williams remember when he was in he had Lumsden as his running back and funny thing is youy didn't want to address what I said about Kahri or Berry ltes not confuse hope with fact in your opening statment even you left a HUGE door open of dout about Glen if he does work out great but im just saying learn from your mistakes and I think Taman just might have from Kahri sorry man just saying it as i see it

I’ll address what you said about Khari and Berry.

First off…Khari was several years older when he came to Winnipeg even than Glenn is now. Khari was getting up there and never recovered from that shoulder injury. Glenn has many more years left in him than Khari did after that great year.
Glenn had a break out year in 2007, something that came from him developing in the same system for a few years, rather than the receivers making him look good. In fact, quite often the receiver’s made him look bad with all the drops. When Berry arrived, Glenn had not yet been in the same offensive scheme for more than a year. That was reflected in his play, and in Berry’s opinion.
Glenn was absolutely brilliant in the East final. Even Matt Dunnigan said so.
My point is that there is a HUGE upside to keeping Glenn here. He’s improved every year he’s been here. And he’s what? 28 years old? No reason to believe that improvement won’t continue.
You say that Berry has to defend him because he doesn’t have anyone better. Seems to me most teams don’t have a quarterback better than their starter.
Dinwiddie is an adequate backup. They are getting closer to bringing Bryan Randall here.
It’s all good as far as our quarterback situation. There’s no one in the league I’d trade Kevin Glenn for.

well i do agree that Glen has gotten better each year here the system was two years (the year he came and last) Kahri never had the same system for more than a year just the same head coach and the shoulder injury Kahri didnt even know he had it and just for the record im not saying trade glen away im saying that if we could trade for Chang he would give kevin a run in camp/some time in the year and take his starting spot away

i dont want timmy chang here.. just sign bryan randall and let him and dinnwiddie fight it out for the number 2 spot.....