Trade Rumours flowing....

The word out there is the Riders are shopping Jyles!

apparently for a Linebacker.

:thup: Durant looks more capable as the season moves on

but how much would Jyles really bring in return?

Two blind goats and a bag of under ripe turnips.

Not even Winnipeg is looking for a QB anymore.

We knew they would get rid of a QB sooner or later...

yawwwwn…I hope this excites you, you need it.

oh why don't you go run and play in traffic?

Wondering who broke the news? A newspaper? TV? Who is the source?

I think this is just rumour at this stage of the season and with the Riders starting to come along, they use Jyles for the short game, doubt they move him now. I think we can throw this rumour out

it was first announced by Rod Pederson. there was some trade being worked out.. and a player involved was a QB.. they didn't say for Sure Jyles.. but it may be one of the guys behind Durant.

Jyles looked really good today. And he's looked real good most of the time he's played this year. :roll:

I don't know. If they were looking to trade him, I think we might have seen Dalton Bell play the 4th quarter, so that we'd at least have somebody with some CFL experience as a backup.

.... Unless we wanted to showcase Jyles to increase his trade value.

Not going to happen, Durant and Jyles are the only 2 that know the offence, its past mid season and fighting for a playoff position, how stupid it would be to trade a affective QB as we head down the stretch, what happens if Durant goes down and Jyles is not around? think about it, It would be the dumbest thing the Riders could do. I throw this rumour out! not going to happen, these 2 guys are who they will be using as they drive for the Grey Cup

Graham Harrell was put on a 9-game injured list.

7 of those 9 games have gone by, so a decision about the future direction of the QB position needs to be made soon.

Jyles, Bell, Berquist, Harrell -- somebody needs to be traded or released.

I don't think Harrell's recovery has progressed well at all.

meaning he may get put back on the 9 game??

If I were to bet on it, yes.

Crazy to move Jyles at this point of the season.

We need some experience behind DD, no matter what form it comes in.

yeah, if we trade Jyles and Durant goes down we are in the same boat as Tor, Wpg, Ham & BC with no QB

if any of the QBs get traded it will be someone further down the depth chart than Jyles

uncltravlinmatt wrote:Two blind goats and a bag of under ripe turnips.
Not even Winnipeg is looking for a QB anymore.

Jyles looked really good today. And he's looked real good most of the time he's played this year. :roll:

I actually didn't mean to imply that Jyles was playing poorly this season, just that no teams seemed to be actively looking for quarterbacks at the moment. That, however, was prior to the Banjo Bowl. I think Winnipeg has to be looking (again) at this point, though. But as people have pointed out it would be foolish to trade Jyles right now or in the future as it would be in the best interest of the club to develop not only a starter but a good back-up as well.

Right from the moment the RR signed Harrell I smelled trade potential and something tells me it could be him. With his college record (and I know that doesn't guarantee success) he could be good for some decent players right now.

In reality, though, I suspect this just to be an empty rumour.

The Riders have a real shot at playing in the Grey Cup. To trade Jyles at this time would be sheer folly. Bell is nowwhere close to being ready if Durant goes down. Look what happened to the Bombers in 2007!