TRADE- HAM OL Simmons for MTL DB Ethan Davis

I was thinking that one reason this trade was made was because Simmons may not have been expected to be a starter, but was being paid as if he was a starter. It’s best not to have backups making the kind of money starters would made, of course.

Like Dyakowski, Simmons made many contributions to this team in the years he played for this team, but had to be let go before he could win a championship with this team.

I understand that Montreal needed an OT or two, but this particular E. Davis that the team just acquired may have a bright future ahead. This trade could work out quite well for us in both the short term and the long term.

This trade could be a thank you to Simmons for being a good TiCat. Here's a new chance to be a starter again on an improving Al team. Good luck in Montreal. :thup:

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

We now have 4 players with the last name Davis! :smiley:
Emanuel Davis
Ethan Davis
Chris Davis
Terrell Davis

We could go crazy and add sounds like Davis, starting with

Ellis
Lewis
Timmis

and of course

Collaros

Why is it that I think Rod Black just might have some trouble with this? :lol:

Speaking about playing at Ivor Wynne , outside of Filer the Cats only have an additional 10 players on the current roster that were actually around in 2012 playing on other teams that can say that they played a game or two at the old stadium. :slight_smile:

R.Bomben - Montreal
C.Butler - Saskatchewan
J.Cappicotti - Edmonton
J.Chick - Saskatchewan
Z. Collaros - Toronto
X.Fulton - Saskatchewan
T. Laurent - Edmonton
S. Lawrence - Edmonton
D.Washington - Winnipeg
S.Watt - Toronto

Every one of those players also got to experience Doug Brown's favourite place.....the "luxurious" confines of the visitors dressing room at old Ivor Wynne!!!!

Yup , I guess a team can never have enough guys with the same last name . It kind of reminds me of a game we had with the Blue team about 10 yrs ago . Toronto had a bunch of Johnson’s playing for them at the time and we were all howling with laughter in the stands at that game because it seemed like every play for Toronto was by a Johnson . The play by play announcer at the stadium must’ve been going nuts trying to keep things straight. All game long every call I swear was like “pass complete to Johnson” , “running play by Johnson”, “fumbled by Johnson” , “pass intercepted by Johnson” , “tackle by Johnson” etc etc . :lol: We were all wondering if there was anybody else on the Blue team not called Johnson !!! :smiley:

Yup , I can see old Rodney tripping over his tongue for sure doing play by play this year with all our Davis’s :lol:

Yup !!! It was nothing but the best for visiting teams when they came to play at Ivor Wynne :lol: :rockin: :smiley:

I remember stories of how the hot water would suddenly not work in the visitor locker room when visiting teams arrived, yet be working fine in the Ticats locker room.

Gotta love that.

The version of this that I heard was that the visitor’s locker room hot water tap was in the Cat’s locker room or very nearby. Good times.

And, two of the given names start with “E.” Time for middle initials on the jerseys.

We now have 16 DBs on our roster.... and counting? That's maybe a good thing or a bad thing if you think that too much of one thing is BAD. Not many OLs on roster and we just got rid of one. Hope the remaining are all "quality" types. Let's see where everything lies when the free agency "dust" settles.

Or Emmanuel Davis doesn’t use an initial (longest serving Davis on the team) and the others all use their initials. Of course there may be some rule about how jerseys have to be labelled when there are multiple players on the same team with the same surname, but I know I’ve seen jerseys on other teams where only one of 2 players with the same name had an initial (unfortunately can’t think of a specific example at the moment). Doubtful that all four of them will ever all be on the field at the same time though.

Anyway I like the trade as sorry as I am to see Simmons go. I think he was only brought back last year because of the injury to Olsen and the need for a player who was already familiar with the team and his line mates.

Wadda dump! :thdn:

Molson's stadium is no palace either. The " Dump" of the league.

Exact. Sauf que c’est une poubelle pour les deux équipes, et que les Alouettes ne peuvent s’en servir pour leurs pratiques.

The Argos can’t use BMO for practice either but it’s a nice stadium with no benches

Merci de l’information. Je n’étais pas au courant. Beau stade, en effet.