Touchdown Pacific tickets

lol! Really? My landline is about $34.00 per month. (recent increase) I don’t think a landline phone has been only $4.99 since rotary dial phones, single income families and endzone tickets in Hamilton were a paltry $1.50 ea. (1964)

And, just maybe these “stubborn” people you have alluded to, have common sense far beyond the “second by second” users of cell phones. There are considerable negatives in life that have developed and are developing in people who have their cell phone glued to their hand.

Not nice to insult your parents. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nomophobia

Nomophobia (short for “no mobile phobia”) is a word for the fear of, or anxiety caused by, not having a working mobile phone.

2 Likes

bell provides their landline. They have their cable and internet package with Bell, so the landline is included for $4.99.

insult my parents? by calling them stubborn, or suggesting the phone doesn’t even work?

I love this place.

2 Likes

My ma is ahead of me. Had a smartphone before I did and has cable, which I refuse to get. Got too much of my dad in me.

1 Like

i love that you guys think a mobile is just a phone

1 Like

My youngest brother lives in the same apartment building as I do and we meet up face to face every day. He got a smart phone a couple of years ago, and I can’t find a subject of conversation where he doesn’t pull his phone out and start looking up something on the subject, and he gets impatient if I try to say something while he’s searching. Personally, I don’t need to risk that kind of addiction.

1 Like

Here’s the reality check in the entire rest of the modern world before one gets to this forum to complain about not having a cell phone, streaming capability, WiFi internet, et cetera.

The world, right or wrong, has moved on with or without you beyond your interest in the CFL.

No doubt am I sympathetic and supportive of those in genuine need of alternative means such as the elderly, as many of us have ageing parents here too of course, but that’s not anybody who can access reliable internet service and use it, including those complaining here.

Or you would handle the problem offline as an adult and not come here to just complain.

1 Like

I obviously have the internet and WiFi. Just because I choose not to be wired up 24/7/365 why can’t I buy a Lions ticket without a cell phone?

1 Like

this isn’t a Lions thing.

there are dozens, hundreds, likely thousands of things you cannot do/buy/entertain, etc, because you don’t have a cell phone.

Lions tickets (tickets in general) are just one of those things.

1 Like

I’m with you as far as they should be available on a website in lieu of a required cell phone, but that’s less the way of the world more and more.

They were available to him according to the original story. They were just at an incredibly high price. In a venue with limited capacity that is going to be the case.

1 Like

No, that was only some vip endzone seat they could give me. Anything through ticketmasters I could not buy because of the cel phone.

1 Like

If someone made you an offer that literally means it was available to you. I agree that $245 for an end zone seat is too high and I wouldn’t have taken the deal either.

1 Like