Touchdown Pacific tickets

How frustrating. I can’t buy a ticket because I don’t own a cell phone. I’ve been a Lions fan for over 65 years but I can’t buy a ticket. I phoned the Lions, the guy I talked to said “Sorry about that”. I truly believe he was sorry, he sounded like a very nice guy and was quite sympathetic to my plight. He did offer me a ticket in the end zone for something like $245.00 I think. You do get a beer and a burger for that though.
With the average hotel prices in Vancouver now over $400.00 a night, return ferry fare, gas, parking,… Who can afford to go to A Lions game if you live out of town.

3 Likes

$245 for the end zone? Yikes. Probably $1000 or more for a couple of people to see the game if you want to stay in Victoria for the night before catching a ferry back. Hard pass.

1 Like

tickets were accurately priced because:

Tickets are now SOLD OUT. Click the button below to get on the waitlist, and find out more about future details related to Touchdown Pacific!

Touchdown Pacific will see the BC Lions play host to the Ottawa REDBLACKS on Saturday, August 31 as part of The CFL’s OK Tire Labour Day Weekend. Royal Athletic Park, located just outside downtown Victoria, will be home to the contest. The popular community stadium will be expanded to welcome 14,000 fans!

1 Like

Wow!
I wasn’t expecting this to sell out until much closer to the event.

2 Likes

sold out immediately. I’m guessing ticket prices could have been even higher!

I love seeing positive stuff in the CFL. It needs to happen more often.

5 Likes

I am a season ticket holder who lives in North Vancouver. I don’t have a cell phone and I insist on printed tickets. I have also insisted on a printed ticket for Touchdown Pacific and was told this would be no problem. The fact that I have season tickets may have something to do with the fact they will accommodate me, but it is worth inquiring into.

There are four Saturday home games this season that start at 4:00p SPECIFICALLY TO ACCOMMODATE out-of-towners. The games will be over by 7:00p, leaving plenty of time to catch an island ferry or at least get out of town where you can find cheaper accommodations.

You can do it if you want to do it.

It’s frustrating how much is not available to a person without a cell phone. I can’t access my E-mail right now because my internet provider requires me to have a cell phone in order to update my Email security settings, which they required me to do last month. I expect to have a new internet provider soon, and I’ll probably get a cell phone through the new company.

It sounds as if your conversation with the person about tickets was cordial despite your disappointment. Before I retired I had too much experience with delivering bad news to potential customer when I was in total agreement with the customer, and thought that my employers’ policies were totally irrational.

2 Likes

I sympathize. I have a cell phone but I do not have the internet on it. I use internet on my PC, at home and on MY schedule, not everyone else’s. Also the savings is great. But have you noticed corporate caters to cell phone users? Even fast food restaurants offer discounts only available on phones. McDonalds is notorious. I always tell whomever I am dealing with that they have to tell the people upstairs but of course, they do not.

3 Likes

I have nothing but good things to say about the guy on the phone at the Lions office. Wish every company had the like.

3 Likes

I thought about this the last time I flew. Everything was on my phone but what if it stopped working? What if my battery drained? So many things can go wrong.
Just the other day, my phone email got screwed up and it took me hours (from home and with a laptop) to fix it.

2 Likes

This is one of many reasons I have more than one cell phone. It’s cheap insurance too.

1 Like

The people you deal with may well be trying to tell the people upstairs, but are the people upstairs listening? All too often they don’t.

1 Like

I hope you get all this worked out before the season so you can watch the games on TV or other device again of course.

1 Like

I still have internet of course, or I wouldn’t be on this forum; but I can’t access my Email account because I can’t update my password for THAT without a cell phone.
A few weeks ago I had a medical checkup and was asked by the nurse why I was not signed up for My-Chart. I explained that i currently use a real crappy server and probably will sign up when I have a new server. I told her about my Email problem, and how much I hated the company’s time-wasting “digital idiot” automated answering system. She asked; “do you have Centurylink?” “Yes” I answered," have you had them too?" “No” she replied, “but my husband used to work for them. They treat their employees like s–t(feces) too!”

3 Likes

Seriously tho, why would you not have a mobile in this day and age? I can’t even believe land lines still exist. I do everything on mine, even paying for stuff at stores. rarely ever need to take my wallet out anymore.

I don’t think i know anyone who still has a landline. :thinking:

1 Like

Also tickets are way overpriced for that little old venue. Shame they aren’t having it at Starlight stadium.

2 Likes

technically he didn’t admit to having a landline. Powell River is a different place. They might even have pony express up there.

2 Likes

very very VERY stubborn people still have them.

like my parents.

i’m 99% sure the home phone doesn’t even work. But it only costs them $4.99 a month.

ridiculous.

1 Like

If i was retired and living on a fixed income, i’d be looking hard at that 4.99 a month deal. Throw in Stubborn and Irish in there.

4 Likes

Yes, I pay only $5.00 a month for unlimited NA long-distance. I don’t need and I don’t want to be in constant contact. These phones are like an adiction. I’ll bet a lot of people would sooner loose their left arm rather than their cell phone.

3 Likes