Touchdown Atlantic 2011 Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/25/2011

Touchdown Atlantic 2011: Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders: September 25, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may be many posts here, as this game is not anywhere near where most Ticat fans can get to. Some have made the road trip to Moncton, but I expect lots of posting and page refreshing to be going on today. And so here we go.

WHAT – Touchdown Atlantic 2011. Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Stampeders.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Calgary Stampeders.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can improve their record to .500 and stay ahead of those teams that are catching up with them in the standings.

WHERE - Moncton Stadium in Moncton, New Brunswick.

WHEN - Sunday, September 25th, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. EDT. (2:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on today's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for a game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this afternoon and winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 25 degrees Celsius, and it's expected to feel like it's 29 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats go into New Brunswick after two consecutive poor performances and go up against a Calgary team that is undefeated outside of its stadium. This team needs to show how good it can be again, starting here in this neutral site game. Ideally, those that the CFL game is being advertised to will be entertained by great plays by this team in a game in which the Ticats are at their best. It would be great if those neutral fans seeing this will want their own CFL team after seeing great plays by players like Williams, Thigpen, Stala, Cobourne, and others on this team. And so I now say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks as always BYF for an excellent job at teeing things up!

This is a bellweather game for the team, IMHO. This losing skid has to be stopped today!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Hey Thanks for kicking off this tradition once again!

The NFL network will not be covering this one so I will have to rely on updates from everyone here! (I would use the game tracker but the inernet is Painfully slow on location so it is faster just to read the posts as the game goes one,I can't get a radio stream either :roll: )

Oskie Wa Wa from New Town North Dakota!

Why not listen to the radio online?

Nice job BYF.

A loss today and not only is a Western cross over a threat, so is the blue team.

Hopefully, Thiggy's impact is as significant as many here think it can be.

The Internet is too slow on location to get radio online :thdn:

That sucks K/P... much like the Argos... well we will do our best to keep you informed of the game as it unfolds!

Thanks for the compliments on how I got the thread started.

Alright, I for one will try to take good notes on what's goes on.

Last time these teams met, the two halves were like two different games. Still not sure how the Ticats looked so good in the first half only to not look so good in the second one.

A few surprises among the inactives:

Bakari Grant and Aaron Kelly among #Ticats scratches. DT Albert Smith & LB Brandon Denson the others
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/status/117995435007803392]http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/st ... 5007803392[/url]

And then there's this:

#Ticats WR receiver Dave Stala jammed his hand in warm up but word is he'll be fine and is expected to start.
We don't need another receiver to get injured at the last minute again.

I mentioned Cobourne as a player who I hope the fans in Moncton will find entertaining. But with Hage sitting this one out, I'm afraid that may not happen. Stamps are missing Reynolds, but I'm afraid that just means Cornish will have a big day against our D.

Listening to CHML now with NFL pregame stuff being on TSN.

For any seasons ticket holder, it sucks watching a home game on television. However, at least Rod Black and Andre Proulx aren't working the game today. Oskie Wee Wee!

Hi Folks.
Thanks for the thread BYF
This is the 3rd week in a row I've got out of my bed to listen to a game. Hopefully, 3rd time is lucky and the Cats come up with a stellar performance to justify getting up in the middle of the night.

Almost game time.... let's hope the Good Cats show up... I do NOT want to witness another stink bomb!!

Wishin' the game was online! No cable in my new apartment yet.

Let's go boys - Make us proud! :slight_smile:

A Stala injury would be a very bad thing. Other than linebacker, n/i receiver is our thinnest spot.

For those who can't see this, here's a picture of the stadium, with that flag imported from Hamilton:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=d6ppa.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Kickoff coming up!

Seems like a pro-Calgary crowd.

Game on!

Stamps start by their 15.

Drew says:

#Ticats WR Dave Stala catching passes in warm up, looks fine.

Ok... time for the D to step up.. their last game was atrocious!

Helicopter fly-by messed up Calgary's returner - good sign.

Ugh.. a 27 yard catch and run on the 1st play of the game....

First play: Burris had all day to throw to Rambo, 20+ yard gain. Then screen to Cote moves it into our end of the grass surface.

Yea..... we're gonna get thumped.. .sigh!