TOUCHDOWN ATLANTIC 2 in HALIFAX / Instant Replay on the way!

Now hang on there Red,

Boring and Crappy is good for Old folk like me. When I visit Kamloops, there are Golf courses, Shopping malls, Ski Hills. Its built for my speed! :wink:

Iā€™m personally not a big fan of instant replayā€¦(Especially since they got it wrong in the Pittsburgh- Indy game)

I am somewhat surprised about the Halifax X Game, with all the previous hoopla, I would have though how Moncton was going to get it?

You know the IR is bad for football fans heaths, a guy in Pitts had a heartattck and almost died thanks to the ref call.

ā€¦I forgot the SARCASM tags Sporty, K-town is a great place no matter what DG thinksā€¦too many fishing holes to count within an hours drive, SunPeaks is one of BC gem unknown resorts, lots of natural beauty and great weatherā€¦and golf too!..

WHAT ABOUT HAMILTON, RW???

But I agree, not enough population to support it.

......what about it?.........

Have you ever been there KK?

I made business calls there years ago. Donā€™t get me started. I think I know where R&W is leading too!

it seems the CFL used my logicā€¦
u know moncton is commited to building a stadium far less than cfl standardsā€¦so why waste time staging a pre-season game in a city that u KNOW isnt gonna be a permanent home to a expansion team?..especially when u could use that time and effort in continuing momentum in halifax-a city which still has a chance to house a permanent team one day.
good work CFL brass.

RW; you said they have a pop of that of Kamloops when it's more like that of Winnipeg.

SM, no, I haven't been there, but it looks buetiful and like pittsburg.

Where is Action Man when you need him? :lol:

ā€¦you missed this one KK, which explains what I was up to, being sarcastic and allā€¦you donā€™t think I know the relative population sizes of most cities in my country? Duh?..

they should also try the skycam while there at it

is it possible to do the skycam at outdoor venues?....if so, i wanna see it every game next season.

Yes it is, but apperently it is very costly. Agree, it is needed as it improves the telecast by 100%. As for Kamloops, I drove through it a couple of years back while on route to Vancouver. Didn't see much, but what little seen it wasn't too bad. It isn't big enough.

sorry

and I believe they did the Skycam during the 2005 GC.

I myself would love to see U.S. expansion somewhere down the road. But...it has to be done absolutely perfectly! which will cost money. The CFL needs to keep track of ratings down here, and try to locate a team or two in those areas.

I have heard that many Canadians who retire, head south to states like Florida and Arizona. If enough of them are CFL fans, and have maybe influenced other americans living in their communities, you MIGHT have a fan base for a new team. But all in all I think the CFL should soley focus on expansion in Canada.

Let me give you all a guick lesson on Kamloop;

1. Too small for the CFL, only 85000 people in the city and around 150,000 in the surrounding area total.
  2. 7 or 8 golf courses in the city limits
  3. Sun Peaks Ski Hill = world class
  4. 4 or 5 highschools that play football
  5. summer time tempertures that get to 40c+ in the summer time.
  6. summer weather that lasts about 7 or 8 months out of the year
  7. Thompson Rivers University, new athletic facilities including a stadium that will be finished this fall
  8. Great highway to vancouver, direct flights from Seattle in the winter months for the skiers
    9.City is known as "The Tournament Capital of Canada"
    10 not enough good paying jobs
  9. Building two resorts within 25 minutes of downtown at a cost of 500 million each
  10. 200 lakes within a two hour drive of the city = world class fishing
    and if you spell Kamloops backward it reads Spoolmak - a stupid name the city came up with 30 years ago to help celebrate the area during the summer months.

Before you bash the city do a little research as you may actually like what you see....

sorry about the second post, but here is part two on what Kamloops is about;

1. Jasper National park is 4 hours north
  2. Banff Nation Park is 6 hours east
  3. Fraser Canyon is 2 hour west.
  4. Us border 3 hours south
  5. Kelowna/ Vernon is one hour away
  6. Kamloops is served by two major railroads, CNR and CPR
  7. Adams River salmon run is only one hour away. If you never seen it you need to catch it on it's four year cycle = amazing
  8. Former CFL players include, Rick Ryan, Steve Harrison, Wes Cooper Stephan Reid, Kevin Powell plus others
    The area is going through a boom as I sit and tell you guys about the area..

All this talk and I forgot to list the Kamloops Blazers hockey team, Here is a list of former Blazer's;

of "Famous Blazers"

KAMLOOPS BLAZERS RETIRED NUMBERS
4 - Greg Hawgood
8 - Mark Recchi
20 - Dean Evason
26 - Greg Evtushevski
44 - Rob Brown

Ken Hitchcock Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ HEAD COACH Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ Philadelphia Flyers, NHL
Tom Renney Ć¢ā‚¬ā€œ ASSISTANT COACH, New York Rangers, NHL
Rob Brown
Daryl Reaugh
Greg Hawgood