Toronto's "Extra Yard" a new low in reality TV

But no one is saying that Bellefeuille is a great coach. People say Barker is, and the evidence shows the opposite.

Agreed Blogskee

Just wanted to comment on this - also because the Argos allowed it.

This isn’t something that the league can easily mandate, they need the team support. Do you think Montreal would be interested in having cameras in their faces in the locker room constantly like this? I doubt it.

Similar to how Brian Burke has said flat out that nobody can do one involving the Leafs.

I love the show. :thup:

I think it's a great show. Wish they would have made more than 3 episodes though. Hopefully they will continue it with another team next season.

Thank’s PiCat I have know idea how I missed that. :lol:

Thanks for bringing this up. I’ve heard people beat the dead horse in terms of saying why are the argos the ones involved? Or why not my team?

As you’ve said, it’s because not every organizatio is keen on having cameras in their faces 24/7. Most coaches would be totally against it, and not all the teams need the publicity in terms of the business ops. I know for a fact the league stepped in with this documentary and asked that it be done with the argos. Initially, it was a different team.

Next year, maybe they’ll do a different team. This is just a mini-series.

They did. The fourth, and final, episode will air on September 23rd.