Toronto vs BC Lions PBP Game Thread June 9 2024

Actually I’m surprised more teams aren’t doing that. I assume it has something to do with QBs being familiar with receiving a snap

1 Like

Anyone catch the attendance for the BC-Toronto game? Curious to see if it broke the 12,500 mark.

I am surprised too because A) a FB is usually better pounding the ball into a pile. B) Most QBs really are not even trained to go under center. From high school on up, QBs are in the shotgun. If you practice it, it really is not hard to teach a FB to go under center. I think the biggest reason why they use QBs for short yardage is because when you put the FB under center you are probably tipping your hand that you are not going to pull it and throw. Rarely does this happen but at least the threat is there with a QB.

2 Likes

That makes sense

According to Wikipedia, they cleared the bar at 12,767.

1 Like

T O is now far more diverse and international than last century. A lot of T O are more in tune with footbul than football. However, the team does not do a decent job of marketing.

It is just the 1st week, but the power is with T O and Montreal. They made me a perfect 0 - 4.

1 Like

Congrats . Talent in picking is hard to come by

1 Like

BC already has the tallest QB.
Surely the 6’7" Jake Dolegala is a better short yardage option than VA?

Well, Jake is the backup. Usually, the short yardage job goes to the 3rd string guy. I agree he is a better option that using V.A. Not the first time though that Coach Campbell has made a decision that has perplexed me.

1 Like

I think that is progress for the franchise in very small increments. As I have said many times, the road to building the Argonauts is grass roots, pounding the pavement and making personal community connections. I think we are seeing growth, small but it is growth.

2 Likes

Say hello to Ty Pigrome . . .

1 Like

Well, from the evidence of preseason, the 3rd-string QB looked a better passer of the ball, and since we have cut our short-yardage QB (and its been an area that needs to be improved since 2023) the team either needs to identify a short-yardage QB from the existing roster, or they need to recruit externally.

1 Like

I agree. Ty would be a great pick up in that regard. He is also a threat to do more than just fall forward. I do not think that Tyson has really had much of chance. I like his skill set.

1 Like