Toronto vs BC Lions PBP Game Thread June 9 2024

To be fair, V.A. was pressured a lot tonight. Argos sent a strong message that they are still pretty good even without Kelley. Chad Dukes was very impressive.

2 Likes

Always that weird feeling:

Yes! I picked Toronto to win and they won.

Arg. Now they’re tied with my Als in the standings.

:smiley:

2 Likes

People who use this game to rag on Vernon Adams, who threw for 363 yards and 2 TDs … come on. The Lions scored 27 points. That was enough for Montreal to win earlier in the week.

No team is going to win many games giving up 35 points to the opposition.

2 Likes

VA had a good day, until it mattered most.

1 Like

Both teams played really well. I’m kindof in shock that Toronto actually won lol

Dukes held his own against a very good BC team.

2 Likes

I don’t know about ragging on him. He did some good things but turned the ball over too much and held onto to it too long a few times. A mixed bag from him as I saw it. Certainly not his best game I have ever seen.

1 Like

BC is good but losing Betts is a big blow to their defence.

1 Like

Not saying his game was perfect, but if you look at all the QBs this week, the rust was there for just about everyone. Again, no team is going win very often giving up 35 points.

Definitely the best game of Week 1.

3 Likes

Definitely. The rust there for all teams this week as expected as I said earlier. This game had more good plays than the other three I thought, although the kicking was probably the weakest (can’t count the first game for kicking).

1 Like

Yep, this was a fun game. Honestly, for entertainment value, the worst game of the week was MTL-WPG, mainly because there was no fourth-quarter drama.

2 Likes

Lions d is pathetic ,couldn’t handle a near rookie qb ,phillips dialed up a Jr game plan for the d ,offense did enough to win ,lions won’t beat anyone without changes ,soon

It’s a team sport for good reason… That being said you still don’t win a game like this by the QB being just lucky.
Kudos to the Argo Pivot. He done good today

4 Likes

Statistics - PDF

1 Like

Yeah, why can t.o. Find back up q.b.s. Who can fit right in 2nd year, yet riders train someone for 3 years then cut him, what does that say.

I’m shocked this is the first comment to mention BCs lack of short yardage QB. Prukop was signed then released by BC and was picking up a first-down for someone else this weekend. VA will not last the season if he is required to carry the ball into the scrimmage.

I hope and expect the Lions to recruit or promote someone to short yardage.

3 Likes

All 4 games were competitive til the 3-minute warning IIRC. Great for the CFL fans old and new alike.
Now i just need to convince a sports bar in Europe to show the CFL+ stream on a big screen.

3 Likes

Maybe Taylor Cornelius?

thank you!

1 Like

Well, he is big and tall. A decent runner. Not a bad idea. I kind of like what Hamilton is doing having the FB take the snap on short yardage.

1 Like