Toronto Maple Leafs

Know many Leaf fans hated the Ottawa run .

I think they are just as Canadian .

I think the tribal feeling extends to a team alone .

I would like to see the Leafs win to get the monkey off their back . Its about time .

If the “Kate Smith” rule was applied to everyone i grew up with in the 1970’s, we would all be in trouble for playing tag etc. Most everyone wouldsay the, “Eeny meany miney moe, catch a (wasn’t tiger) by the toe.” If you say (wasn’t tiger) today, your up a creek without a paddle.

I am a Leafs fan obviously, and want them to advance, but whatever happens on tuesday its been a fun back and forth series.

Another example of pandering to the whiners…Are there any black comedians that make fun of whitey ? We need to get over this crap. How far back do we go ?..Some of my ancestors were sold into slavery. SOMEBODY OWES ME AN APOLOGY !!!

Sorry Dan…I apologize. Being an old white guy I understand that everything wrong that’s happened since creation IS 100% my personal fault…

NY Indian Grill in Langley BC, Leafs on the big screen and GREAT Food.

Im excited for the game, but no matter who wins, Columbus looked scary in the first round.

Speaking of the NHL playoffs, has anyone tried that new Budweiser/Jim Beam fusion beer that has been advertised?

Same here We all used the eanie mini minie moe and used the n word . Never even thought about it as race .

None of us were racist that I knew of just thought that and one potato was the way of choosing .

As kids it was just a word . No thought or reason behind it . It was the times we lived in . That era .

Years later of course it was evident it wasn’t right .

Leafs deserve to have a run . Game 7 is going to be fun .

Like the Cubs , WHITE sox or Red Sox in MLB ; it is time they went all the way .

The path is clear and ripe this year for a run it’s parity at it’s finest .

Sorry but I’ve been married longer than you. It’s all my fault ! Years ago my 6 year old son threw a ball through our front window. When i got home from work my wife blamed me for teaching him to throw and catch… It was my fault ???

Meant to welcome you back argo11… I missed your opinions.

Can’t find that beer here yet.

Tavares was not the only one.

Matthews, Reilly and Anderssen gave it a go.

They need their teammates to lend a hand tomorrow night.

It is a myth. The name of the team is just a place for to tell you where the arena is. If it was a CANADIAN team it would have only Canadian players, or in this case, only players from Southern Ontario.
But as a professional club, they pay from all over the world to entertain people who pay a premium price to watch the product. No different than the other 30 clubs.

does that mean that CFL isn’t really Canadian

Really, that’s your lame rebuttal ?
You missed the whole point.
Regardless of where the players were born, Toronto being the only Canadian Team left, like it or not are Canadas Team.
So Vegas would just have players from Vegas.
This discussion with you is a waste of time.

Zaitsev is the worst. He gives the puck away all the time and he never checks but the people who know more than me gave this bum a big million dollar contract cause they were afraid he might go somewhere else. He’s Russian so of course he is more skilled. A lot of Anderson’s great saves are a direct result of Zaitsev. Try watching no. 22 for a period and tell me i am wrong… Most of the Canadians on the team are trying. Not so with Amers and Euros. Gardiner is brutal. Hainsey at least checks. Andreas Johnsson is a ghost…Succesful teams can’t afford to carry floaters. If this team doesn’t get any further I would be doing a garage sale come off season. Cut rate prices for the floaters. Too many on this team.

What a waste of a year. If that sounds like i am disgusted. Bingo.

This!!!

Awesome comeback. Got nothing else? Keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the CBC and Rogers serves you.
I don’t cheer for a team just because their arena is on this side of an imaginary line.
Vancouver is 2500 km away from me. Unless I like some of the players, that franchise has no relevance to me.

Once the Leafs are out I cheer for the team with the most Canadians on it. St’ Louis and then Vegas this year. Most of the Canadian teams are still duped by the almighty more skilled Euro that they keep espousing in spite of the track records. In this country we are most happy with Swedes and Finns on our teams instead of good old homegrowns who have grown up wanting to win the Stanley Cup. We are a stupid country. We better get used to not winning any tourneys in the future that we have sold away to imports…Sure there is the odd Euro who still keeps playing into the playoffs but it ain’t the norm. Spring along the Danube is calling.

I live in the Greater Vancouver area, and the canuckle-heads are irrelevant to me also

GO LEAFS GO

Lol.

I hate to see what you will have to say if they do not advance :wink:

No FYB, IMO the CFL is Canadian. It is a game developed with a different set of rules in this country with all of the franchises in this country that is a destination for athletes in this country.
I cringe every time I hear someone bring up the possibility of American expansion, making the rules more like the NFL or lowering the ratio. The CFL would just get that much closer to being a glorified minor league and would lose even more of it’s status.

I remember the last four times the Leafs won the cup. I am really getting tired of the failures. All the time, money and emotion put in being a fan is wearing thin. I don’t need the aggravation especially when millionaires are just going through the motions. The NHL is watered down and becoming a sport for ballerinas. The league is starting to play Euro style hockey and it ain’t pretty. i have never seen teams give the puck away so many times in over 60 years of watching.

Watching the Leafs is like banging your head against the wall…It feels so good when you stop !

And then there were none.