Toronto has BIG plans for 100th GreyCup

:thup:

Did anyone else notice that they said the Vanier Cup will be the weekend before! if that is true that is a mistake since i know i wont be able to go

I hope that is wrong too. Maybe ROGERS only gave them that choice?

I noticed that too. I sent a message to Bob Young, and he told me that it was an error and the VC and the GC will be on the same weekend.

Ya i tweeted the CIS and they said it was also wrong

Thanks for the info :thup:

Riders vs TiCats would be awesome. Sadly, I’m fairly sure Gretzky is an Argo fan, given that he used to partially own the franchise.

I was there in 1989 when that did happen. What a game that was. One of the best G.C.s , ever. :thup:
Gretzky wasn’t the nicest owner. The late John Candy was [R.I.P.].

hamilton and sask won't be in the grey cup if either team is I'll be surprised

That makes two of us.

Maybe they could Christopher Plummer say something like " The Grey Cup where have you been all my life, you are only 18 years older than me."

Just reading this today:

Cup tickets almost sold out, Argo tickets benefit too

The 2012 Grey Cup and the perceived improvement in the football are having a "profound effect" on season's ticket sales of the Toronto Argonauts, according to the man who is at the top of both pyramids.
"There's been a lot of excitement," says Chris Rudge, CEO of the Argos and chief executive of the 2012 Grey Cup Festival, "whether it's the Grey Cup or what the Argos have done in the football department in getting a new coach, Ricky Ray and Jason Barnes."
Acknowledging that the team was staring with a modest ticket season base---he wouldn't say how many subscribers the club has---Rudge said that new season's ticket sales are up 500 per cent over last year and that renewals of season's tickets are up 100 per cent.
And, he added, the Grey Cup is almost sold out.
"When the public sale begins in June there will be only about 1000 tickets left," he said. "And all (130) the corporate boxes will be sold out by May."
While there are various sizes of boxes, a luxury box for the Grey Cup Game rents for an average of $20,000.
"The Grey Cup is having a big impact on the city and on our team," Rudge said.

[url=http://milton.thespec.com/2012/03/cup-tickets-almost-sold-out-argo-tickets-benefit-too.html]http://milton.thespec.com/2012/03/cup-t ... t-too.html[/url]

How about Neil Young and/or Gordon Lightfoot for the half time show. Gordon could do a tribute to the Grey Cup with a rousing rendition of Alberta Bound. :cowboy: :thup:

My favorite part of all grey cup threads is when we get to talk about the halftime show. once again i am hoping for Metric

Saw Metric in concert in Hamilton a few years ago, fantastic concert, Emily and the band are super IMHO as well.

Neil Young and Gordon Lightfoot along would be awesome as well. :thup:

Neil & Gordan would be great. Maybe RUSH?

They are probably get some one like Celine Dion.

personally, I'd love to see a Triumph reunion for the halftime show. :thup:
They were electrifying and immensely talented in their day.

saw Rik Emmett perform a couple years back and he's still has the goods.

That is also a great idea. :rockin:

Id like to see Celtic Thunder.

Barf. I actually met somebody who played fiddle with Celtic Thunder. When I found out he played with them, I went to check out their music. He is great, but he actually plays Celtic music. I listened to about 10 of their tracks and none of them struck me as very Celtic. There are much better choices of Celtic musicians that can be found in Canada (including the aforementioned fiddler that I met).

If you want a good sampling of the different Celtic-derived fiddling traditions in Canada, check out this track from the 2010 Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCRF0BGuDG4

I read that there are 6 different traditions represented. Maybe Rudge can get those folks to re-unite for the Grey Cup.