Toronto at Winipeg

The NFL is a different TV deal and TSN has been great to the CFL. If CBC was still involved, there would be no CFL.

You feel good about the difference in readiness tonight ?

Local TV should have picked up games in their region if it’s possible , with TSN holding the rights?

Can you say repeat for my Argos.

you got argos?? how much did they cost? or did you fish them out of the ocean?

Good question. It has been a few years since this has happened, but I believe they can. I think the big issue in some markets is proper equipment and staff to make a respectable broadcast. Most local stations simply are not set up for that type of event any more.

It would never happen because of the exclusive rights to show or not to show, this is a prime example for the league to sell the pre season games to another network.

under the present contact preseason games have been shown on local networks prior to 2011, so I don’t believe said stipulation is in place. If memory serves correctly, there were 2 games televised by local markets in 2010, and not since.

Looking how badly they got manhandled tonight. I could see this Crowton/Creehan coached team being worse than last year.

Toronto won 24-6. Net yards of 522 to Winnipeg 210. Toronto QBs were 26/37 and 344 yards and 2 TDs. No Int. Winnipeg QBs were 14/36 and 158 yards. 3 Ints. In total, Winnipeg had 6 turnovers to 2 for Toronto.

Richard

I honestly can’t see them being better. Not that I am rooting against them, I would love to see them break in the new stadium in style this year…simply put, what have they really improved?

I am use you guys in the Peg know better, but I was never a fan of Burke as a HC.
Is it me or does the position just look too much for him.

Crowton hasn’t proved anything and Creehan was brutal in Hamilton. #dreamteam :slight_smile:

Couple things, yes it's preseason and Riderville sure can't be the one to say it matters, the year we went 0-2 in pre season we won the grey cup BUT to see your starting QB go 0-5 and a pick is never encouraging. Also Mark Cohon (spelling) has tweeted that they wanted to work out any kinks for preseason before unveiling it to the national scene.

Luckily, preseason games don't mean much of anything... because if they played like that in the actual season opener, the knives would be coming back out for Joe Mack.

We were looking at the division favorite vs what everyone on here feels is the worst team in the league, and you guys are still surprised by the results? I don't think that there was anything to feel happy about as a Bomber fan, but it is still early. There will be some cuts, and we'll see how they perform in Hamilton.
I'm still willing to throw down a bet with any takers that WPG finishes with a better record than last year.

This is the deciding season for him. If we cannot improve then he will be gone IMO.

I get the argument that it's only preseason, and the first preseason game at that. I really do. But it still doesn't look great when you get absolutely walloped playing your second-stringers against the other team's second-stringers. Particularly when the main reason for not making big offseason moves was continuity on offense. This is Crowton's second year, Buck isn't a rookie, and the O-line (I think) is largely intact. I wasn't expecting insane numbers but 6 points and your starter going 0/5 with one INT is a bit concerning. On defense the issue is Creehan not having proven himself. He was awful as DC in Hamilton last year and he is going to have to justify Burke's faith in him (which looks to me more like "I worked with your dad, so I'll take you on, son" than a legit professional relationship founded on respect for the other person's capabilities).

Creehan has a lot of CFL experience, almost 10 years worth. I'd say that is proven, unlike say, Thorpe.
But we also have rookie DL & DB coaches in Plemons & Franks. There will be growing pains.
It was particularly the Dline I was disappointed with. 2 promising prospects (Anderson & Davis) did not play, so we'll see how they do next week.

Creehan was awful last year in Hamilton. Had he been able to field just an average defense, that team could have done big things.