Toronto at Saskatchewan Game Thread- Saturday October 21, 2023

Due to Calgary’s upset win last night this could be the last regular season game of the year that has any meaning. It will be if Saskatchewan loses.

So far Toronto has rested players on a rotating basis but this hasn’t really applied to Kelly except for the one game he sat out entirely. So far that strategy hasn’t hurt them and perhaps they are just too good and deep for their opponents even without 4-5 starters dressed? Perhaps Saskatchewan will put an end to that trend knowing their season is done if they don’t? Perhaps Kelly won’t play more than a quarter or two today?

We’ll start learning the answers to these and many other questions in about a half hour.

As always here’s hoping it’s a good game.

4 Likes

Its Saturday and there’s a CFL double header.

Doesn’t get much better than this. Go Argos!

2 Likes

Well the Stamps definitely surprised me last night as did the Lions so as the saying goes “anything can happen” - although I won’t hold my breath that the Riders can pull off the upset.

3 Likes

I will be watching half of this game before heading down to IG Field to watch the Bombers in action. I wonder if the Riders can actually get it done against the league best Argos or if they’ll lose their 7th game in a row and be eliminated from the playoffs. There’s going to be a house cleaning from top to bottom in Riderville if it’s the latter I think.

2 Likes

I think that there will be housecleaning in Riderville regardless of the outcome.
Enjoy the Bombers game. Nothing like being there in person!

2 Likes

God damn lozada is stout lool

Not a great kickoff by the Global kicker but we’ve seen that all year from kickers first game kicking off. Takes some time to get used to it

1 Like

Good break for the Riders there. It was awfully close to a fumble recovery for the Argos.

2 Likes

Mexican kicker in the house! :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

I didn’t think that turnover would stand. Clearly on the ground with contact before the ball got punched out.

2 Likes

Honestly, the Riders might be kept in this due to the Argos giving Bede a rest day.

It’s well documented that kickers struggle kicking off in the CFL in their first game, averaging like 60 yards per attempt.

Bede averages 70 yards per kickoff. That 10 yard difference could give Alford and the SSK return team enough time to break a few free today

1 Like

Don’t want to be happy too early but Yes fark yea

3 Likes

Riders actually look motivated as they score on that opening drive! :astonished:

5 Likes

First possession for the Riders - 68yds for TD. Riders lead 7-0

2 Likes

It might be a factor but I think Saskatchewan will need more than that.

As you know no one kicks it as far as Bede. Toronto will now be closer to the same in kickoff distance as every other team.

2 Likes

not a horrible punt by Haggerty for his first one back. Looking to see a few more 50+ yarders from him. Get that ball to the 10-yard line!

1 Like

Lozada’s first PAT is GOOD!!! What a day for Mexico!

Also 69 yards on the kickoff! Thats more like it!

3 Likes

Saskatchewan should just let Kelly and Oullette hit their milestones early and hope they have a seat for the rest of the game after that.

3 Likes

They are used to rolling over dead

3 Likes

Toronto finished their drive by Quellette for TD ties the game at 7

2 Likes

Of course it’s not over yet but when I see what I just saw on that drive I don’t like the Riders chances if Toronto’s A team plays the whole game.

And I’m not ashamed to say that I want Saskatchewan to win.

3 Likes