Toronto at Montreal

Enough firing already, at least for the immediate future. There’s a game every week and you need a coaching staff that can lay down some facsimile of a game plan. Ie, you need to have somebody run the ship.

When Mr. Wetenhall fired Higgins, with Popp’s blessing, we believed things would improve. Same thing when Popp let go Schonert. Instead, we’re sinking faster. Both of these moves were a mistake, in hindsight. Als should have waited until competent replacements were found in the off season. Now they’re screwing up AC’s coaching career.

The organization needs to suck it up for the remainder of the season. And I don’t think firing Popp will help any, it will just make things worse. Mr. Wetenhall needs to let Popp run the football org, and keep his nose out of it, period.

I wouldn't fire Popp now.

But, the day after our season is over, I'd sure give it serious consideration at that point.

Yes, I didn't mean fire Popp now. The season is done, let's just ride it out and give younger players a look. But as SOON as the season is over, Popp should walk the plank.

. . . and then the new GM should have the sole responsibility of hiring a real head coach, and that new head coach should have the responsibility, along with the new GM, of hiring a coaching staff. If he wants to keep some of the current staff, so be it, or if he wants a whole new crew, again, so be it.

I personally think Dinwiddie is over his head as OC; so is AC at this point in his coaching career (move him back to QB coach).

As for Thorpe, I'd consider retaining him were I to be the new head coach, but I'd insist that he quit flipping Cox with Brouillette, Cox just can't handle pass coverage deep anymore. Square pegs into round holes do not fit.

Can’t disagree with any of that. Let’s get a proper command structure going again. No good ever comes of bucking chain of command in a sports franchise.

Look at the current setup and there is no clean way out of this. No matter what anyone does. It will be messy.

It's a mess that needs to be cleaned up before it gets worse.

Interesting to see who starts on Sunday. Cato is almost certainly out. Only ones left are Boone, Marsh, and Bridge. There will only be 2 practices this week, so it is unlikely the Als can bring in anybody new even if they considered that option.

Cross finger for not having Tanner Turnover Marsh as the starting QB. he had his chance and proved he's not the guy. Try Bridge to see if there's any real potential in him or not

Agreed with you civilian that Brandon Bridge should play. After the first game of the season,following injuries to Crompton and LeFevour, coaches were in discussions regarding the next starter.-Cato or Bridge- Cato was chosen. Given the current record, I would rather lose with Bridge than with Marsh.Time to see what Bridge can do.

Richard

I too would like Bridge to play QB against Hamilton. Looking ahead the franchise should evaluate Bridges QB skill.

I was wrong earlier about 2 practices this week. Instead, there should be 3 practices. Anyway with the trading deadline at 4pm Eastern on Wednesday & because of need, I wonder if there will be a new QB on the roster by the end of the day. Kevin Glenn for the moment, somebody new with potential, or just sink/swim with what you have???

You don’t experiment in the middle of a playoff race. Maybe the last game of the year against the Riders if they are out of the playoff race.

Road warriors: Argonauts use absurd schedule to bond as a team
Herb Zurkowsky, Montreal Gazette

This article indicates the real difficulty the Argo's face in Toronto. Maybe the team should be transferred elsewhere, to a city in which they would be welcomed!Q

Advertising dollars are in TO. See how the move to BMO works out before talking about relocation. The issue with “home games” on the road was their landlord, not the fans. Pan-Am Games were a given, but losing games because “it takes 5 days to convert from baseball to football” is ridiculous. Not an Argos fan this is but one more reason I am looking more and more at Bell Fibe for TV and Internet.

Best half of football the team has played this season. Offence, defence, STs, all performing well.

Hey you nattering, nabobs of negativity- sell the team, fire Popp, fire xy, get a new owner. Enjoy the game guys!!!

The Argos are absolutely sucking dog tonight.

Offence also looks VERY different with a veteran QB who knows how to read and check down; don’t confuse that statement with thinking KG is better than he really is, he is just “better right now” than what the Als have had most of the season.

Als are just lucky that the Argos have been forced to play on the road all these weeks. With the Als trying to get the last playoff spot, they will gladly take advantage of other's misfortunes.