Toronto Argos quarterback Nick Arbuckle subject of trade discussions |

Nichols, Fatty Arbuckle or Harris? Would be embarrassed for any football person that did not know Harris shines over the other 2.

Harris is better than those two - but I think age and ware are catching up to him.

They were ā€˜inā€™ and they bought. As they should, and proved to be right.

They were not dead in the water at all. Winnipeg was a QB away from #1 contender. That QB was available and they went and got him. Plan worked out perfectly.

1 Like

If I were within your family, the perfect Christmas gift for you would be a mirror.

2 Likes

huh?

So you can take a good look at yourself. LOL. I baited you , all in fun.
I hope you are enjoying tonightā€™s game,

Yes, youā€™re the master baiter. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I do expect the Argos are listening to trade offers for Arbuckle. IMO he has the weakest arm of the three on the roster. But he can play in the League given the right circumstances. A big RB like Montreal's or Calgary's guys would be best for him. I like Foster with the Argos but he's not an every down set back, would be great as a hybrid SB/RB. If Murphy can squeeze a first and a starter out of somebody they might go for it. Otherwise veteran QB depth is huge right now, especially if they are going for it all this year. MBT can take a hit, and he takes a lot, but maybe one of these times he doesn't get up. So worry about next year when it comes.

So now that Harris is an Alouette, does this mean that Arbuckle is going to Edmonton? If so, for who? Because if McBeth goes down, a playoff run with Pipkin does not sound exciting. Considering Arbuckleā€™s apparently affordable contract, the Argos already have the perfect backup. I really donā€™t think that it would be wise to move him.

Arbuckle has limited upside. Heā€™ll make a really good backup somewhere. Winnipeg should take a stab at getting him going into the playoffs. I think Edmonton already has the QB they want. Taylor Cornelius has all the tools. He just needs time and coaching.

Well he certainly wonā€™t get that coaching from Elizondo. He couldnā€™t coach his way out of a well lit empty room with a big brightly marked fire exit.

1 Like

Then Cornelius might be SOL. Matt Dunnigan pointed out that Cornelius had poor technique. Thatā€™s very coachable. Tom Brady has an endless supply of money to hire technique coaches for footwork, throwing mechanics, strength, flexibility, nose hairs (I threw that last one in), etc.

Brady also puts in a ton of extra work.

Jeff Garcia runs a quarterback camp somewhere. Heā€™s had some pretty good success in this league slinging the ball.

Arbuckle reportedly opening restaurant, is very good cook

1 Like

I donā€™t think there will be any takers right now for Arbuckle, Montreal was really only option? With the short season, few will want to spend any more money. Ottawa already had him, Calgary let him go.

Winnipeg might be interested in Arbuckle for the right price .

1 Like

Yaaaa, We is,
A little backup with real CFL game experience would be sweet.

1 Like

Could he be had for draft picks or no one that loses that needed chemistry .

If weā€™re up to me, Iā€™d give away half the Riders. Works for me. LOL

1 Like

Other than the riders :grinning: is there anyone on the team you can afford to trade and not have a rippling effect .