tor/bc trade???

At this point after pondering all the points made, I think the most likely explanation along the lines of Earl's comments below is that the author of that article is just a shill or puppet for Braley. Those "homer media types," put in terms of of what I would really like to call them for what they really are, exist in every sports town.

It does not take a degree in economics to understand that the the supply of quality tackles is much greater than the supply of quality quarterbacks, and thus the quality quarterback commands a much higher trade than merely a tackle. It's not even close folks.

Any such trade on a one-for-one basis is ludicrous and fodder for plenty of justifiable criticism of conspiracy in self-dealing given the same owner of both teams.

Jackson's worth that tackle and a whole lot more in a free market, but there is a conflict of league interest in this case should it happen because they are both Braley's teams.

If you don't believe that point and remain incredulous merely on selfish grounds perhaps as an Argos fan you are desperate for a veteran quarterback, consider why this "brilliant" idea from the perspective of the Argos did not arise before Braley gained ownership.

Now he appears to be engaging in perhaps an attempt to engender positive spin for such a deal using his local journalist homer to get what he wants for nothing more than his personal business interest.

Such a relationship between sports owners and certain folks in the media is nothing new, but nowadays it is easier to figure out just who is carrying their water under the guise otherwise of being an "independent" journalist.

/facepalm
To all of you conspiracy people who're all like "Braley is going to cheat the whole league and fix deals hurrhurrrhurrr derpdurrrrr!!!", should Toronto and BC be banned from trading? Also, if he's totally cheating by trading players between the two teams, how is is going to be unfair? Its not like Toronto has a lot to offer and he is not the type of person to strip one team to help another. This man truely loves the CFL and bought Toronto to help them out and not for his own personal gain. Hell, look at how much money he lost here his first few years and he still stuck it out and made it work.

BTW he is also an extremely HANDS OFF owner. Anybody who does more than read headlines knows that!

Seriously, give your heads a shake.

Why has nobody bothered to mention that Jackson had offseason shoulder surgery & has not yet resumed throwing? Trading for him would be a gamble at best.

Anyone want to guess whether or not the two commenters below are Argos fans? :roll:

I'll just wait until I hear something far more objective from someone who is NOT an Argos fan to justify why a one-for-one trade makes sense, and no uncorroborated medical rumours don't count until you have something more to stand on more than just rumour. :cowboy:

Being a fan of a certain team does not, in and of itself, disqualify one from looking at an issue that involves your team in an objective light (to the extent that objectivity even exists as an attainable practice).

I’d respectfully suggest that you ease off on the Condescension Hammer and let other members speak their minds.

Murphy was basically a pylon for the first half of last year and also got thrown out at least once.
His best years are behind him, while Jackson can be a useful first stringer material.

Correct,I am an Argo fan, but first & foremost I am a CFL fan. When people continue to insinuate the Argos & Lions are doing shady deals because they are owned by the same man, that to me suggests these same people think the league is bush.

Having Braley own both the Argos & Lions is not the most ideal situation, I grant you that, but consider the alternatives.

Thank you Mr. Braley for stepping up.

:thup:

Sorry Argos fans, it appears all day we have not heard anything from any other fans on how great a trade this would be because it is not for anyone but Argos fans. :thdn:

Argotom as an Argos fan himself summed it up well on this Murphy player. :thdn:

It's only a great trade for the Argos, and there is only one reason I can think of it would happen if it did one for one. :thdn:

In the end more than likely I doubt it will go down that way. :slight_smile:

We all have biases of course, as we are all human after all, and thank you for showing us yours quite clearly without question. :thup:

I doubt Wally Buono became the CFL leader in wins as a HC by making trades that will benefit other teams. You really don’t think the CFL has any integrity by making these accusations.

I am not speaking about the CFL as benefiting from such a trade – YOU made that point below and here again. I would be not the only one, if you read the comments of also others who are not Argos fans below, to contend that such a trade would NOT be good for the CFL either as you assert.

I would think the CFL would not approve this sort of trade if things were on the up-and-up, but then again things are not always done that way in any league.

However Braley as an owner of two teams would have every right and considerable sway at the end of the day to call the shots above both coaches, and I don’t believe for a second he’s as hands-off as you state considering the sweeping changes already in motion to improve things in Toronto. Leadership that leads to effective action never happens by accident or on auto-pilot.

If this trade happens you can continue to make your point about what a great deal it is for the league instead of only for your Argos, with the latter the reality of the situation whether you like it or not with no one else supporting your point but it appears only SOME of the Argos fans.

Let’s see if the Lions’ fans will agree with you then after any such trade that it’s a great deal. I can already hear the howls.

Until then this discussion is largely on the hypothetical as Earl stated brilliantly was the goal of that article – just to start a fuss.

If I could bet on it as I can’t here, I’d bet heavily against it being a pure 1 for 1 deal considering knowing about Jackson’s play last season and in his prior football experience and the feedback below, but I’ve seen stranger things happen in organised sports.

If you disagree with that view great, but as far as I’m concerned and others have implied, seeing will be believing on that propaganda in the article for that trade being such a good deal for anyone but the Argos and perhaps also Braley.

Perhaps you’ll think of some other quarterback with experience for which to trade an OT, as the Argos as commented in other threads could use one on the roster to at least guide the rest of the new guys who will be shooting it out to earn roster positions. :thup:

Brailey was hands off with the ticats, and hands off with the lions. What grounds is there for anyone to assume he would be any different with the argos?

No grounds at all if such a trade as described does not happen.

Suspicions will abound otherwise because after all it is Braley’s money that is most at stake with any trade or acquisition, for which I doubt he is hands off for sake of any offers being made for trades or acquisitions. He for the most part funds them after all right?

I could not see Wally Buono happy about losing a starter-quality quarterback for sake of only a washed-up OT or merely just about any an abundant decent OT as rare as starter-quality quarterbacks like Jackson are nowadays either. Could you?

such suspicions will be unfounded, undeserved and will only be in the minds of the ignorant.

There have been “sweeping changes” in Toronto because the team has won 7 games in two years!!! Do you want Braley to hire Barker & expect Barker to stand pat??? Braley hired people to make the moves, he is not making the moves…

There have been "sweeping changes" in Toronto because the team has won 7 games in two years!!! Do you want Braley to hire Barker & expect Barker to stand pat???? Braley hired people to make the moves, he is not making the moves..
Right, and I never said Barker or meant to imply that Barker or Buono would just stand pat, but both answer to Braley who controls the money of course as the owner.

Again no this trade won’t happen anyway it’s just wishes and homer media speculation to start the fuss like it has right here.

Should it even happen woefully to your team’s detriment, should Printers get hurt again, the scoreboard and season will show who is ignorant on that count bud. See ya! :thup:

in any trade, one team usually gains more, either on paper, or because of things such as injury, etc. This is between the GMscoaches, like always. To assume that an unequal trade took place because the owner was involved is assinine. Specially when that owner is Braley. I do not want such a trade for BC, but if it happens and goes bad for the LIONS, I will blame Wally, and rightfully so.

You are the only one acting “Fussy” about the trade that won’t happen…