What would you do with Getzlaf? He is dropping 2 balls a game. He was dropping balls last year. Is it time for him to go? We do not have the depth to bench him at them moment...would you look for a trade, bite the bullet and start an import rookie, cut him, put him on the PR, cheat and get him to wear stickum.

He has so much potential, but the drops are a significant factor in the offensive woes. Andy had a a bad drop stretch...he sat, he played better...Getzlaf is always hot and cold though. If he was from the US he would already be gone.

My personal believe is that they should try Sisco in his role...I know it is early for him...but try it...worst case scenario you put Getz back in next game...or even that game

I'd sit him down, just like they did with Fantuz. It may work, and that's a lot of raw talent to give away. And the way he has been playing, he doesn't have a lot of trade equity, so he would be given away.

I say sit him for a few games, put Sisco in his place (he can't do any worse), and see if that wakes him up.

If the problems continue, then look at trading him, sure. But lets give him a chance to get it right. Imagine the "could've beens" if we had traded Fantuz away during his problems.

seems like we are on the same page. I think most likely are. My concern is that this is not a phase…he has always been like that…but it is definitely worth trying to remediate.

best solution by a mile.

You have to show Getzlaf that he isn't a superstar. give sisco a game or 2 and make Chris the #6 man.

Sisco will either show a great game and impress the hell out of the coaches or he'll just be another receiver. Either way, you hope that Getzlaf takes his opportunity seriously for once and becomes the receiver that he should be!

[quote=“depopulationINC”]What would you do with Getzlaf? He is dropping 2 balls a game. He was dropping balls last year. Is it time for him to go? We do not have the depth to bench him at them moment…would you look for a trade, bite the bullet and start an import rookie, cut him, put him on the PR, cheat and get him to wear stickum.

I’m going to send the team a box of glass cutters gloves!! Worked for Elgard! What can it hurt, I say!

:thup: :thup: :thup:

So what exactly did they do with Getzlaf against Calgary? I don't think one pass was thrown his way. Being inthe stand I couldn't tell if he was even on the field. Effram Hill really stepped up and had a good game - maybe that will light a fire and get Getz to perform the way we know he can.

I believe they recognized Getz's struggles, and this was the closest thing to benching him they could afford. He had 2 balls thrown his way that I recall. He caught 1, and the other he got his hands on. That one was fairly early in the game, and an understandable one not to come down with...he actually made a good effort on a ball that probably would have been picked off otherwise. If it had been Nunn, that ball would have been picked off, because he never would have got his hands on it.

Let’s hope this approach results in us seeing the Getz we all want out on the field helping us win some football games.

Getz is one of many that have not shown up this year. I like the kid, and he does have big game potential, just not playing well.

a dropped ball here and there isn't this team's problem, getzlaf will work thru his confidence issues, he's shaken, prolly thinking of making play b4 securing the ball! at this lvl it's 90%mental 10% physical, all these athlet's have similar condtioning for the most part, it's attitude and starts at the top, the coaches etc. with all the changes in riderville a rookie coach was a mistake, (deer in headlights, GM on sideline) our players are good enuff to make playoffs even win a playoff game, will our coaches take them there, DOUBT IT!

Speaking of Andy, their saying he will be on his way back by the end of pre-season, and he'd be in top shape from working out for the NFL.

Actually, they had an interview with the Bears coaches earlier on TV. He said that he was impressed with Andy's hands and his route running, but that his speed was a little lower than he would like, but still not too bad. He seemed pleased with him. That being said...didn't see much of him in the game.

Plus I think the only thing he had done on special teams is hold for the placekicker which he has not done since Rob Bagg arrived. At this stage, like CFL rookies, it is your play on special teams that gets you onto the lineup unless you are a marque talent who they can bring along at a comfortable pace.