If anybody finds out anything out about Matty D post it here. If he's done we have no deep ball. Let's hope for the best.

Hoping he’s going to be okay. The guy is a major talent, and the CFL (not just the Riders) will be hurt by the absence of such a classy talent.

So far, all I know was in an interview with him on the tube last night, he sounded optimistic, indicating it was not as severe as in 2005.

Plus the Leader has this:

Riders' Dominguez claims knee is fine Darrell Davis, The Leader-Post Published: Monday, September 10, 2007

WINNIPEG -- Matt Dominguez, the Saskatchewan Roughriders' leading receiver, was eating the submarine sandwich and potato chips delivered to the CFL team's players before they rushed to catch an evening flight to Regina.

No wobbles. No crutches. No ice bag on his left knee.

As he was leaving the Roughriders' locker room inside Canad Inns Stadium, Dominguez pronounced his left knee was OK, even though he had been helped off the field following a fourth-quarter catch during Sunday's 34-15 loss to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

"I've done this several times to my leg, so I'm pretty confident it's not that serious,'' said Dominguez. "But that's the same thing I said when I tore my (knee ligaments).''

[url=http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=bbe74f55-d95b-4937-8110-97065bda18f4]http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/ ... 065bda18f4[/url]

We should know more later today, or tomorrow.

Thanks Arius. Let's hope he's fine.

Tillman said this afternoon that if Matt isnt 100% Yo should be back and ready to play!

With all due respect to Yo, he’s not half the receiver Dominguez is :frowning:

I certainly hope Matt is ok, not only a great football player but a great person in general as well.

i understand what your saying and yes Matt is a great person, I had an opertunity to meet him in the off season, very nice guy. However I don't think the fact that we don't have Matt will cost us the game, I know Yo isn't as good but at the same time, he wouldn't be on the team if he couldn't catch the ball, right?

Im not saying Yo isn't a good player, he showed us last year he's a very solid receiver. The difference is that Dominguez is an elite receiver, among the best in the CFL, Yo isn't.

Dominguez wins those jump balls 9 times out of 10 that most other receivers would struggle to get to. He's 3rd in receiving yards in the CFL right now without a real elite quarterback.

I hope Tillman was miss quoted and means Yo is back and is ready to play. The riders have carried him all season on the injured reserve list. His salary started counting against the riders as soon as he came off the 9 game injured list. The riders need another proven reciever with skills to help out, even is Matt is playing.

Getting Yo into game shape and getting him worked into the game plan so Joseph is comfortable with him, needs to happen sooner then later.

good points except... he is first in recieving yards i thought :stuck_out_tongue: , or at least thats what the site says

So he is! For some reason I was looking at last weeks numbers, won't happen again!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And don't forget how he owned Bolden...one of the few bright spots the Riders had on Sunday... IF this team played with the level of intensity of Matt or Corey we would be unbeatable.
Don't get me wrong ...I was not disappointed in the loss on Sunday, we got beat by a good team....It was the way we lost.

That one move he put on Bolden off the line was sick, made you wonder for a second which guy deserved to be in the NFL :wink:

Well maybe we won't have to rely on YO after all ( although i really wanna see him play)

http://www.newstalk980.com/greenzone2007/node/670

We still need to bring Yo in sooner then later. If he is ready to play, then he should be going. The longer the team waits the longer it will take to build the chemistry.

Matty's out for six weeks :frowning:

That is definitely a tough loss but this is the time of the year when we find out what kind of stuff our team really has. We have a lot of talent on the team and I believe from what I have seen of Coach Austin this season that he will motivate these guys to get the job done.

Looking at the positive... at least he's not gone for the year. This is going to be a big loss for us, but I think we can hang in there for the next 6 weeks without him. The last 2 weeks before he's back are against the Ti-cats.

Remember when Hamilton was 1-17?