Top 5 GoodsThings about 2008 Hamilton Tigercats

Trying to find the Bright side of 2008 Season

(1) Touchdowns are up . Field Goal Attempts are Less Frequent
(2) The Offence Moves the ball
last year we punted more then any team in the league.
(3) Receivers are better Obie has found some nice young Guys
(4) DB are no longer and Issue.
(5) Team is not being Blow out they are in Most games.

Alot of what we talked about last year has been fixed.
Thanks to Coaches and Obie .
There still very young Team
Young Teams Make Mistakes.
They Will get Better

Cannot disagree with any of that.

I think the Ti-Cats' biggest obstacle this season, so far, has been the inconsistency which is a sign of a new team.

That's 8 games down, with plenty of positive signs, and ten games yet to go.

Good perspective Onknight.

Being at Most of our Practices helps me see this .
Something a lot People can't afford to do .
I see the work that goes on day to day.
When Your Disabled you have time to do things like this

Charlie Taaffe is one of the hardest Working People
I have Ever Seen
He leaves the Ball Park Very Late and Returns Very Early.

He luck he as Wife like he dose who understand the Business of Football

The two Montreal and the one Calgary games were deserved losses.

The Winnipeg and Edmonton games were sloppy, yet winnable.

We took the Grey Cup champs down to the last play of the game.

That accounts for the losses.

We've laid a smack-down on the blue team twice.

This is a young and talented team. They are much more exciting to watch than recent previous line-ups. Printers and Lumsden being injured most of the season is a considerable drain on resources. The lack of a pass-rush is our most pressing concern with adjustments to receivers a close second. With a couple tweaks I believe this team is on the verge of good things.

we are competing this season and i feel we have a decent nucleus of new players.
i just hope they are utilized properly as the season continues.

Fully agree with all the above. Good to see some optimism with realistic hopes.

Merlin

The one constant in the past few years has been change. Blowing the team up after a disappointing season almost necessitates another disappointing season. As fans we need to be patient this year, get some continuity on the roster and build towards a contender.

I ageree with all 5 points that you made. I’d also like to state that:

• Our depth on the ground is phenominal.
  • Our return game has the ability to give us good field position every time they recieve the ball.
  • Our guys second effort has stepped up a notch. i.e. Caulley running down field to stop the TD on the fumble recovery. They scored on the next play but at least our D had a chance.

Who are all of you people? Did you just join the list yesterday? What a breath of fresh air!

Have to agree with everything that was said. We have a lot of talent, some holes, and alot of work to do on consistency, but lots of reason for optimism.

There are only 2 games in the first 8 where we were never in them. Three of our losses (including Sask) were winnable games.

Thanks to all of you for expressing some optimism on this list…for a change.

red24

I was amazed at the determination he showed. Suitor and his team were talking about Caulley’s speed being close to Olympic class. I’d like to continue to see more of him.

I thought it would be all doom and loom around here today and was going to start a thread just like this one.

If the Cats got a few Rider bounces this season, they could be 4-4. A little help from the Als tonight and playoffs are still in sight. My fingers are crossed for a strong second half.

But why is "working hard at practice"not translating to the same effort on game days? What is the wrong?

I LOVE this THREAD ... this is the kind of thing HTown NEEDS more of ... POSITIVE VIBES !!

I ESPECIALLY am encouraged by the CONCEPT of "BUILDING a Contender" ... this is something that seems to get OVERLOOKED a lot by our FAN base ... this team is very YOUNG ... take a look at the other teams in the Leauge that are true Grey Cup contenders - they are LADEN with EXPERIENCED, Veteran Players who have played TOGETHER for a couple or more SEASONS.

It is EASY to focus on the losing RECORD, and the costly MISTAKES etc. ... but, there are, REALLY, many reasons to GET BEHIND this Team!

Think about it ... MANY of us BELIEVED we could WIN last night, IN Winnipeg ... MANY of us BELIEVE this team can BEAT the Argos on Labour Day.

Many of us BELIEVE, that with ALL pistons FIRING ... this team is CAPABLE of beating ANYBODY ...

It has been a while since there was ANY reason to believe in this team ...

Keep the FAITH !! Stay POSITIVE !! Great RESULTS can follow !!

Peace.

P.S In response to "But why is "working hard at practice"not translating to the same effort on game days? What is the wrong?"

It really is a matter of EARNING YOUR STRIPES ! It is a matter of taking the NECESSARY STEPS toward becoming a SEASONED, POLISHED, PROFESSIONAL athlete.

It requires TIME to THOROUGHLY understand your Playbook to the point where a player can REACT without THINKING ... It takes time to learn how to PLAY with your team mates to the point you KNOW what they will do ... stc., etc.,

As much as it PAINS us not to get the RESULTS IMMEDIATELY ... our PATIENCE will be REWARDED.

Once all the YOUNG ones come into their OWN then the team can ADD those 1 or 2 KEY Veterans to the mix to make that Grey Cup push ... BUILDING is the KEY!

I agree...I think we are on the right track...a couple of players and some more time together and we will be OK.

I would like to see D'Mac take a permanent position with the team.

I hope he gets more involved!

1. They are still in Hamilton
  2. The food is better
  3. Flowers in the girls washroom.
  4. We have a new Jumbo Tron
  5. A better fan experience! :thup: 10 year plan :wink:

"THEY PLAYED HARD" CHARLIE'S FAVORITE LINE

And again, if Toronto loses tonight we're still only one game out of second with 10 games left to play.

I’m jealous.

I agree as well. Something that needs immediate attention.

1/ Receivers need to react to the play - come back to the ball if there is pressure on the QB. In that case that would be every passing down.

2/ D ends - We need an immediate upgrade. No pressure on the oppossing QB makes for a long game. WE need the other QB on his
behind more often.

3/ O - coordinator - It absolutely behoves me why we can not come up with some sort of game plan that can defeat the opposing teams pass rush. What game film have you been watching for the past 8 games?

I too am liking this thread ... I completely agree with the thoughts expressed here ... there IS OPTIMISM and FUTURE here!

We were IN THE GAME for 4 quarters! Right up to 4 mins to play the game was within our grasp to win.

I think Lady Luck wasn't smiling on us last night ... the block in 4Q that landed in Canada's hands ... 99% of the time that would have grounded and simply been an incomplete.

But I think the guys learned a lot last night ... and they are fighting tooth and nail! I'm cheering for AC tonight!

Onknight wrote: Trying to find the Bright side of 2008 Season

(1) Touchdowns are up . Field Goal Attempts are Less Frequent - Very nice to be scoring 6pts rather than 3 all the time.
(2) The Offence Moves the ball ast year we punted more then any team in the league. - Remember watching 4 quarters of Maas throwing hitch passes? puke(
3) Receivers are better Obie has found some nice young Guys - Rodriguez is going to be a gem. Still a rookie making some rookie mistakes… but that’s to be expected.
(4) DB are no longer and Issue.
(5) Team is not being Blow out they are in Most games. - It’s easier to watch the games when it hasn’t been decided by the end of the 1st quarter!

I ageree with all 5 points that you made. I’d also like to state that:

• Our depth on the ground is phenominal.
  • Our return game has the ability to give us good field position every time they recieve the ball.
  • Our guys second effort has stepped up a notch. i.e. Caulley running down field to stop the TD on the fumble recovery. They scored on the next play but at least our D had a chance.

Lots of good things…
  1. Cauley is still here. And is a STAR waiting for a full time starting job.

2. P Rod looks like a keeper.

3. R Williams seems to have matured and is at least a very solid back up

4. The D looks mostly ok to me. (talent and heart wise)

5. I think Bob is starting to learn some football and will combine this knowledge with good business sense to improve the product on the field even more.

Hope that all sounded positive… :slight_smile: