Too many new faces?

The first thing I want to say before I get into the subject of this forum topic…

I love the Tiger-Cats and I am excited about everything that has gone down this off season.

Now…

My question is…

Have we signed too many new faces? I see that the 'Cats have added two more ex-NFL players… which is good… but… what roles are all the new players going to play and will they know the Canadian game in time?

I’m sure the coaches know what they’re doing so I’m still excited… just wondering.

Reasonable fear Rusty.
But this is not my consern. We have brought in some amazing players that could all be franchise players. My concern comes if they can all keep any egos in check.
If they can once they all have time to gel (which will happen with enough time) and the couches are smart enough to sign back big guns, we are in for 1 hell of a ride.

naw, i think there should always be lots of turnover (or at least potential for it) at a football training camp. (especially when the team was as bad as it was last year)

if marshall was so good he would be in the nfl right now, since nfl teams are allowed to have more players on the roster, the fact that this guy was picked up late by a cfl team shows that nobody had any interest in him. Ive been following football for 15 years, and have never heard of this guy, he aint no kurt warner.

That’s a relief because I wouldn’t want Kurt playing linebacker for us. 8)

I think we need to look at it from the opposite angle - the team we had last year wasn’t good enough, so we’re risking very little by adding many new faces. Adjustments will need to be made by those unfamiliar with the CFL, but that’s not going to take them very long.

Team chemistry is a question mark, but we have some good leaders around to help with that.

anyone else miss Calvin Tiggle?

ok the reason y he got kicked outta the NFL was over something so stupid that i can't even beleave ok. But he is a good player he might not be the greatest player but the man does know how to play i have followed him for years i know what i'm talking he will be good to the team just beleave in him he'll prove to you what he is doing and the reason for him signing so late is because he just ended a football season with someone else.Anyways i wish you all the best of luck though and no he ain't no kurt but he does know what he is doing though..

L

actually the new LBS will be aided by a D Line that played well together last season so they will be able to help the new players get adjusted to playing our system . I like the idea of having a big body at LB and it should help against the run .

I do, Espo :wink:

Mario Fatafehi is my son in law... I think he will be a good help to the TICATS. I know he is an outsider coming in But I bet you will all be surprised in his talent.

thank you to mario's father in law on that one yeah i don't know alot about mario but Torrance has skills to and they together should beable to help the team. just watch and wait and see.

I know Fatafehi from watching NFL football, he is a great addition to our team. Torrence Marshall I don’t know as much about him, but I do know that his resume is pretty impressive. Anyone who plays D for the Sooners knows how to play football tha much i do know.

If you are such good friends with Torrance and have his son why are you putting all of his business out in public like this. Why don't you just talk to him directly instead of talking to a bunch of strangers about things that has nothing to do with football.

You know, it's funny I think when we think about such and such an American player being able to "pick up" the Canadian game. Being that this really isn't rocket science, I have to believe that motivation is the biggest factor involved if a player picks up our game fast or otherwise. And some of the big names from the States may not have the motivation to do so if they have that prima donna attitude that I'm great no matter what sort of thing. I really do think motivation is a key ingredient in all of this.

anyone else miss Calvin Tiggle?
Every time his name was announced..I used to turn to my dad and poke him in the ribs and go 'tiggle tiggle tiggle'..kinda like tickle but different. i DO miss that!

Yes. What a great player!

Oski Wee Wee,

Yes. What a great player!

Oski Wee Wee,

I know Torrance Marshal from Madden 2005 lol. hes half decent although he sure as heck aint no Kurt Warner. Funny story tho..
i was playing madden seriously 2 seconds before reading this post and i had sacked Kurt with Torrance. I kid you not. It happened...maybe this is a bad omen?

I know Torrance Marshal from Madden 2005 lol. hes half decent although he sure as heck aint no Kurt Warner. Funny story tho..
i was playing madden seriously 2 seconds before reading this post and i had sacked Kurt with Torrance. I kid you not. It happened...maybe this is a bad omen?