Tom Wilkinson Linebacker???

Just took a quick look at the Canada Post site featured at the top of the CFL.ca page. I looked at the Eskimo page where I read, "Showcasing all the glory of the green and gold, this limited edition framed print features linebacker and Canadian Football Hall of Famer Tom Wilkinson, #12 against a backdrop of Eskimo history—a half-decade of Grey Cup® supremacy (1978-1982)."

I watched Tom throughout his career and don't recall him ever playing linebacker. Although he probably would have tried if asked, I am relatively certain that he would not have been able to beat out Dan Kepley for the position. :cowboy: :lol:

[url=http://www.canadapost.ca/shop/cfl/edmonton-eskimos.jsf?execution=e1s1]http://www.canadapost.ca/shop/cfl/edmon ... ution=e1s1[/url]

Canada Post Reps must be perusing the forums as they have since corrected the error.

[b]Featured in the foreground of this hand-illustrated print is retired quarterback and Canadian Football Hall of Famer Tom Wilkinson, jersey #12. Wilkinson first led the Eskimos to a Grey Cup victory in 1975, and after quarterbacking the Eskimos during one more Grey Cup loss in 1977, Wilkinson became part of that five-time Grey Cup champion Eskimo dynasty the last two years alongside Warren Moon.[/b]

Nope, still there, it is on the Eskimo main page for the limited edition signed print.

CFL® – EDMONTON ESKIMOS* LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PRINT Showcasing all the glory of the green and gold, this limited edition framed print features linebacker and Canadian Football Hall of Famer Tom Wilkinson, #12 against a backdrop of Eskimo history—a half-decade of Grey Cup® supremacy (1978-1982).

Each print is numbered, ready to hang and hand-signed by Wilkinson himself.

As well I question why Winnipeg seems to be left out of the Limited Edition Signed prints. I can think of several Bomber stars that would be worthy of the honour, Stegall, Ploen, Westwood to name a few. I also question why there is not a stamp for the Ottawa Rough Riders. A Limited Edition Signed print featuring Russ Jackson would be very appropriate in my opinion.

Never mind the Winnipeg comment, they simply had it in a different place that the other teams. The honoured Ploen which is a superb choice. Still question why there is no Ottawa stamp though.

They could have had Russ Jackson in the foreground and the Tony Gabriel catch in the background. Would have been perfect, in my opinion.

What I question is whether Canada Post had anyone proof there material.

Canada post mailed the prototype stamps to the proof reader for verification. Unfortunately, Canada Post lost the stamps in the mail... The unverified stamps were released as is...