Tom Higgins says the Crowd won't make much of a difference !

In today's press conference Higgins says they have home field advantage but it won't make much of a difference, he takes it as they are cheering for Montreal !

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/video/index/id/106701

What a crock!! He's assuming that the crowd will only make noise when JC is calling the play and they can just use a silent count. But we all know differently because the crowd will be loud when he is trying to hear the play call and may have a hard time knowing just what play is up!

Loud raucous fans CAN make a difference so I guess the 13th man at THF will just have to make Higgins eat his words - with a little crow! :smiley:

I am so excited about my first visit to THF for this game and can't wait to be part of the noise.

Yes, we have a moron for a head coach. :oops:

:lol:

Didn't Higgins notice how many times Crompton was running around (two weeks ago) with his hands over his earholes trying to hear the call from Dinwiddie in the booth? I'm sure a couple plays got lost in the noise.....

You are going to love the atmosphere and the volume this fanbase puts out to support our team!

13th Man do your stuff and the other 12 will do theirs. A total team triumph (how is that for alliteration?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Switched at birth ? Maybe a long lost twin ? Maybe one and the same ? They certainly look alike,don't ya think ? :lol: :smiley:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu2cU3yFZuQjNieFVXOqWQ11gTq5osh4XyRiH6b4fWZofgITxk

This is the same coach who had such difficulty finding the dressing room and the field here last game. After that comment is anybody going to find anything that comes out of his mouth credible???

I guess they are not planning on calling any audibles on offense. Our D will be glad to know that.

If there is any positive to the pop-gun offence we're run all year, it's that crowd noise affects us a bit less than other teams, only because we already don't trust Crompton to audible protections at the line or do much of anything pre-snap. He's pretty much just getting calls sent in and then executing them as directed. Occasionally, he will stutter-count but even that, I suspect, is scripted.

Bottom line: you can't kill us, WE'RE ALREADY DEAD. :smiley:

I wouldn't quite say that, DAP...but I do agree about your general assessment of your head coach. At times, I am completely baffled by what comes out of his mouth. LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Russ, I can't even describe to you how embarrassing he's been for Als fans. I mean, fans of other teams will likely hear of the big gaffes, but there are countless minor weekly or daily facepalm-worthy moments that just make you wonder if he's plugged all the way into the wall. Going from Trestman to Higgins has forced me to lower my expectations monumentally...

Whatever Mr Higgins. Your reverse psychology won't work on us.

I have to say that some of the challenge flags he tossed this season, especially as a former head of officiating, were real head scratchers and certainly did little to make him look competent.

All part of the good pre-game media hype let's see how the Al's perform under real pressure of Ti-Cats fan noise and the pressure of our team defence and special teams and maybe some weather like light rain to deal with, all will be contributing factors to a Tiger-Cat victory tomorrow.

GO CATS GO!!!!

I would like to thank Coach Higgins for giving the crowd at THF more ammunition to be even louder. Not the smartest move.

Now, he says his players can't find the field!

"My pre-game speech won't have to be one of any encouragement other than trying to keep them down, tell them which way the door is, and how to get to the field." (Tom Higgins - Nov. 22/14)

Would he know how to find it himself, if Popp hadn't walked him through it?