Tom Brady may tie another record today

Oh yeah! I forgot about that

Brady also lost twice to a mediocre NY Giants team led by Eli Manning, one of them their only loss of the season to finish 18-1. Losing the final game didn’t help.

Montana had 4 less teams to compete against while Bradshaw also competed against a vaunted Raider and Cowboy teams of the 1970s.

If Brady is considered to GOAT then Montana and Bradshaw should be included in the conversation.

2 Likes

While they were all great, none of these guys played in a CAP era and none did it with more than one team. Brady is the GOAT.

1 Like

Get out of town on that one for sake of the actual position. As far as their champion teams, well that’s another argument. Both those guys were great too, but they had far more dominant teams no doubt.

Brady did not always have a dominant team, and these Tampa Bay Bucs were not an all-time great team as were those of Bradshaw and Montana.

But hey we are getting off topic I get it.

1 Like

Brady is a polarizing athlete.

• There was the deflated footballs.
  • He wears Uggs for money
  • He is married with a super model
  • He is ridiculously good looking

3 Likes

Brady with no mask on at the podium telling Jim Nantz to get closer I can’t hear you from way over there was priceless .

1 Like

They all hate him but they can’t come out and say it and he dosen’t give a shiat :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have nothing critical to say about Brady. I just feel that he might not really be the GOAT. I dont believe somebody is the greatest just because of team championships won. I look at career accomplishments season after season, game after game. I favor stats per game played. In this, Brees beats Brady, and overall, everybody else.

1 Like

As close as Jim and Tony were standing together and given their high profile, I’m confident they got the vaccine already though your point stands. Ditto I figure many NFL athletes.

Wait a minute now FYB, mean spirited you are not, but look at this thread of yours made before the game. You had stated earlier that you hoped the Bucs would lose too.

No, you go to 10 Super Bowls and win 7, nobody else is even close but of course the haters are out there as are you clearly before this thread. And then Brady certainly has many other accomplishments on top of what matters most.

Brady has more Super Bowl rings than any other franchise has and he has been to the SB more times than any franchise too. Team sport or not, that is pretty impressive and I don't care about the NFL at all.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have a individual league records like most yardage, attempts, completions in either per game, in a season. The Greats dominate, they don’t just get by like how Shady has done it

No offence intended Dave, my man, but did you not read Dan’s post? Brady has won more SBs than any franchise, that’s franchise, and I would guess, any other player. He has won more MVPs than most other franchises have appearances. He out-performed established stars Rogers, and Brees and the new golden boy Mahomes. He changed up his style of play at the coaches request, and went on a seven game winning streak. That sounds like the definition of domination.

2 Likes

No question Palmer, Brady is simply a superstar, extraordinaire and one of the most dominant NFL players of all time.

1 Like

I am in the Brady is not GOAT camp but I have to admit taking the show with Tampa Bay is a serious booster point for him career wise

And KC was not exactly a weak team (defending champions) and Brady pretty much trounced them

1 Like

Never won a Heisman, never became a starter in Michigan. Greatly benefitted from the bogus “Tuck” rule, Pete Caroll’s bad call and the Falcons not kicking the FG instead of that failed TD attempt. His SB teams never dominated it’s opponent until Sundays game, but the defense won them that game.

3 Likes

???
Montana did play (and retire) in the salary cap era (and on multiple teams as well)
Young certainly did play in salary cap era (and played for 4 teams, incl Tampa Bay)

Also I will gladly point out the early 80s players were so severely underpaid that many gladly quit the NFL to jump ship to the USFL (the USFL actually had some better teams even) and also resulted in NFL labour strikes and lockouts

3 Likes

The Bucs beat the Chiefs because Mahomes was injured, and the offensive line was practically a B squad. Add in the awful refs and Brady got lucky.

3 Likes

That throw by Mahomes was brilliantly athletic .

Brady has never been the most athletic . In fact many would say he is unathletic .

He has been a great leader and when given the tools he has executed like no one ever has consistently on the field .

I was never a Brady fan until this year .

One of those moments in time where you just say that's freakin incredible whether luck , refs or whatever helped but the man talked the talk and walked the walk .

And he beat this superman throwing ninja .

1 Like

Joe is my favorite player all time. But if you look at accomplishments, Brady rules them all.

1 Like