Today's the Big Day

For those who haven't seen Ritchie Williams play you are in for a real treat. He has such a rare combination of size, speed, strong and accurate arm, and leadersip. For those who question whether he can produce in a game ...just watch. While he works hard in practice you only get a glimpse of what he can do. His abilty to make "something" happen when the pocket collapes is extrodinary. His decision making ability is such an asset. he can and will beat you with his arm or his legs. Given half a chance, he will quickly move up the ticats depth chart. I wish I could be there today.

Judging from the name you go by here, I'm assuming that you're a fan of the team Richie Wiliams played for. :slight_smile:

Well, we have heard some good things about him. And it'll be interesting to see how he performs in today's game and to see how he does in any pre-season games. But there are two experienced quarterbacks ahead of him on the depth chart. One who's one of the CFL's better quarterbacks, and the other was one of the best in NFL Europe. But I think it'll be great to have him as our #3 quarterback.

BYF, yes, I am an ASU fan. I'm originally from Upstate NY and am somewhat familiar with the CFL. I don't expect him to start yet but at the end of the day, it will all come down to (or should come down to) the ability ot get it done on the field. Moving the chains... and scoring points. Richie's skills are very wuited to the CFL game.

The last sentence of my previous post should read -- Richie's skills are well suited to the CFL game.

Well, you know, you can edit your posts. Just click the "edit" button in it. :slight_smile:

Anyway, we don't want him to be too good. If he is, and if Ottawa re-joins the league next year, they'll likely take him in the expansion draft. :slight_smile:

BYF, Thanks for the info. Is that what the edit button is for? I am obviously just getting familiar with the functionality of this site. I have previously written two or three medium length posts and ended up losing them by being logged off in mid stream. BYF, by the way, what is the pay scale like?

I've had that happen a few times. And that's why I copy and paste my posts somewhere else before posting them. But I think there's a way to set it log you in automatically, but I'm not sure if that can be done with these new forums, as I don't use that feature.

And the pay scale? For CFL players? I'm not sure but I understand it ranges from about $30,000-$300,000.

I think the payscale starts at $45,000 a year now .