Today's practice (Monday)

I dropped into the stadium today for an hour to catch up and eat my lunch....

The players lost 329 pounds in sweat today (in my estimation)

Coach Kavis Reed had a funny looking "Cub Scout" style sun hat on....everybody made fun of it and he was a good sport about it...

That's all there is to report from my end ...sorry but it's the "dog days" right now and all I can say is I feel sorry for our guys out on the field toiling away in the heat.....ughhhhhhh

Good job guys!.....keep rowing!

yeah, I know...it was a waste of time reading this thread.... :lol:

Go Cats! :thup:

Very Busy Today
Good Tempo Today They Move Quickly From Drill to Drill..
Again Working on Special Teams and Base Packages..

At The End of The workout I talk to Pascal
about Montreal and the Trip there This week
what a Great Guy...

The 11 consecutive FG's from our new Field Goal kicker was something i certainly noticed. He didnt miss today.

Good to see some consistancy at the position.

Great, but what kind of hat was he wearing?

Great, but what kind of hat was he wearing?
a helmet

Black with Ticats Logo on the sides
At the top a Gold Stripe...

And did it have that steel thingie across the front of it? :lol:

An Argo fan

Actually, in Jamie's case, I've hinted to him more than once that he needs a steel helmet the way he goes at the return guys when everyone else misses them.....lol.......he's a scrapper for sure! (and made some great 'last man' tackles)

Hope he keeps his head up as he's done well as a Tiger-Cat, spilled his guts for this team and has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!......and I wish this new guy well too....

:)

Boreham played out his destination here maybe with his heart on his sleeve but I think a venture out of football would be a wiser move!!

He'll rise again on another CFL team....and perform brilliantly.....just like Calvillo did...some of us believe in him....4-5 last game he played in.....not too shabby....

Are you suggesting that Boreham is done with this team based on the performance of Myers? Just curious if you care to comment.

:cowboy:

What time is usual for practice?

You tell me.....should he be done in Hamilton?.....

lets recap...

In 2004 he was pressed into service after Ozzy suddenly retired and Jason Currie failed to make the cut....

Crappy offense in 2004, 2005 and so far in 2006 meant that the weight of the whole franchise rested on his leg an incredible amout of the time....

He did very well in field goals especially with help from Ruoff...his kick-offs were awesome, he's recovered his own kicks at times, angled punts when required to, played hurt, dug bad snaps out of the dirt or way up in the air, had over 8 bad holders, got off punts that otherwise would have been blocked if not for his quick feet, passed successfully to Hitchcock, nailed returners every time as the "last man" ....and because of all this with a franchise that was very much unstable the last few years (football wise), he's thrown to the curb like yesterday's trash?.......huh?.....So much for the old theory that a starter can't lose his job unless beaten out....Jamie was 4-5 last game and only missed the 47 yarder by a little......and the game didn't hinge on it......so how come he has been replaced?.....I don't get it....

Gawd help this new kid when he misses a few.....hopefully he has an offense that won't put the weight of the world on his foot.....I truly wish Myers the best of luck as he has nothing to do with all this...he seems like an alright kicker....and he's on the active roster apparantly so he's got my support.....and yeah, congrats to Myers for kicking the 44 yarder.....that was geat!

:thup:

Okay, this is my first comment regarding Jamie Boreham. He seems like a nice guy, but Myers will take his place. Myers is more than simply an "alright kicker". A 44 yarder in a pressure situation combined with 11 for 11 today, demonstrates this.

I wish Jamie well. I doubt, however, that he'll find another team to snag onto in a starting capacity.

Harsh? Perhaps, but this is the nature of professional sports.

how can you compare a kciker to a quarterback.. .. thats so funny..

He seems like a nice guy, but Myers will take his place
Fair enough "justaguy".....I think most of us Boreham supporters can live with that and wish Myers all the best....and of course we do cause he's a Tiger-Cat now.....and is kicking for us.....

Jamie will succeed somewhere else in the CFL in the meantime.....his raw talents and heart aren't going un-noticed....

peace and let's not squabble about this as everyone has had their say......hope we all stay friends even though we see things different at times....

let's freaking win in Montreal!!......hahaha

:thup:

(man, I wish I was on that train with ya'll!....do me a favour and give Ted Michaels a "wedgie" !!!!!) :lol:

Just a Guy...Yes Harsh but if tough decisions like this can't be made then your team or business is doomed. An honest and accurate comment.

One wonders if Marshall didn't let his emotions get in the way and if he would have made the tough decisions that needed to be made the team may have been more successful.

As far as mikeys comments....I see a lot of emotion from a self-proclaimed non-football expert making excuses for Boreham that I would bet Boreham would'd make for himself. Your the one that suggested he would rise up on another team. To me that sounds like YOU have come to the realization he may be done in Hamilton. It was a simple Yes or No question that you turned into a sad response.

This is not about who's nice and who's not. This team is about fielding the best possible player at each position.

it was a valid question

In case you didn’t notice Just a Guy quoted not only you but myself in his response, so If I feel like responding my opinion back I will.

If you have a problem with my opinion file your complaint to a MOD…

As far as trying to “humiliate” you. I’ve got better things to do and frankly IMO you do a good job of that yourself.

I have to chuckle when you say “post in a friendly way like the rest of us” This from the “King of blowing a gasket”. You never fail to amaze.

Anyways getting back to Boreham and Myers. I think Boreham will still be here for a little bit to ensure Myers can show consitancy and then sadly ( like any other cut ) he will be let go.

Yet these type of decisions are what smart coaches do ( Ron Lancaster ) Not to mention the 4 players he cut loose form the Practice roster last week that obviously were not going to help the team so why let them take up space when we can bring in other players that can.

Marshall’s lack of ability to do that and make decisions cost him IMO. Emotional decisions or lack there of have no place in professional sports.

You tell me.....should he be done in Hamilton?.....
Yes he should.
lets recap... In 2004 he was pressed into service after Ozzy suddenly retired and Jason Currie failed to make the cut....
Not pressed as much as Myers was this week, half of one practice.
Crappy offense in 2004, 2005 and so far in 2006 meant that the weight of the whole franchise rested on his leg an incredible amout of the time....
Crappy Offence that meant he kicked LESS and LESS MEANINGFULL kickers, more time to develop. He didnt use it.
He did very well in field goals especially with help from Ruoff...his kick-offs were awesome,
His kickoffs are low, not high and towering, and his FG's have been a career average of barely 60%. Period.
he's recovered his own kicks at times, angled punts when required to, played hurt, dug bad snaps out of the dirt or way up in the air, had over 8 bad holders, got off punts that otherwise would have been blocked if not for his quick feet, passed successfully to Hitchcock, nailed returners every time as the "last man" ....and because of all this with a franchise that was very much unstable the last few years (football wise), he's thrown to the curb like yesterday's trash?
Have you said anything about him being a reliable kicker? cause thats his job... those other things are good points and would be good to nominate him for special teams player of the year, but he's been a POOR and inconsistant FG kicker. Football player being released is not thrown to the curb, But i dont think they will be reserving his spot on the wall of honour.
So much for the old theory that a starter can't lose his job unless beaten out....Jamie was 4-5 last game and only missed the 47 yarder by a little......and the game didn't hinge on it......so how come he has been replaced?
He's been replaced because I could make FG's from inside 20 yards and he has a history of missing those. He missed the 47 yarder by a little... The game DID hinge on it because 11 seconds to scroe a TD is much different than 11 seconds to kick a FG. Well Myers MADE the 44 yarder to win the game and THATS why he replaced.
Gawd help this new kid when he misses a few.....hopefully he has an offense that won't put the weight of the world on his foot.....
A Kickers job is to not worry about the offence and make kicks when it counts... See DeAngelis and Duval for that.
I truly wish Myers the best of luck as he has nothing to do with all this...he seems like an alright kicker....and he's on the active roster apparantly so he's got my support.....and yeah, congrats to Myers for kicking the 44 yarder.....that was geat!
You say that, but most see through it cause we all know Boreham is your man and given your history with treatment towards people trying to take his job(s), its tough to believe that you really wish him luck.