Let’s hear from you. What do you think about the potential for the Argos pulling out of the York stadium deal? There was a lot of grumbling on the old forum about the location at Keele/Steeles before, so is this a good thing?
I look at it this way:
- the Dome is centrally located and easily accessible by transit and car (most times)
- If the Rogers Centre owners (Jays) can guarantee favourable date availability for the team (i.e. give the Argos preferred tenant status, second only to the Jays) that is a good thing.
- While Dome seating is not the best for football, it is far from the worst and much better than what we had back at Exhibition Stadium (I once had seats there that didn’t even face the field!).
- I can only imagine the complaints that would happen upon the first rainy fall game that would happen at an outdoor stadium. Face it, the Dome is the best of both worlds, they can have the roof open (and probably should open it more) when the weather is good and close it when it rains. In fact, that should be the only condition for closing the roof: rain.
- I drive over an hour (from Kitchener-Waterloo) to the games and prefer the Dome location over the proposals for Varsity and York. With good scheduling (i.e. Fridays, Saturdays) getting downtown is not a problem and there is much more to do pre and post game than at either other location.
But enough of my opinions…
Argo fans, what do you think, and what would you like Argos ownership to do?
My vote is stay downtown! The Dome was rocking with good crowds last year, and it could be even better if we can just grow that crowd out a bit more