To ticket buyers at Argos games or MLSE etc... a mystery e mail question.

Maybe sully knows as he is a tech guy ?

Maybe somebody else got the email here ?

Here's the mystery .

Just received a e mail from MLS stating they are changing their privacy policies etc ... . As a supporter they would like to update me on their new privacy polices etc ..

It was not spam .

Never went to a MLS game in my life but just wondering if the Argo mailing list is now intertwined with Toronto FC and that's how I received it by mistake of volume .

I have bought Argo tickets many times over .

Or is somebody fishing with good bait ?

I haven't received any emails from them on this matter.

We're STs for the Argos but haven't bought anything for the other brands directly in years.I would think he areunder their database anyways.

Thanks MG .

Hey Hank - the European Union passed a law called GPDR very recently, and that's led to a lot of organizations trying to become compliant via sending an e-mail about their updated privacy policy to all e-mail subscribers / users / purchasers. It's actually probably very unnecessary but you know how lawyers are.

Some more information can be read in this article if you're so inclined.

I received the same email from the MLS as well. Here is what it said in full.

[tr][td]Dear Supporter,

Your privacy and preferences are important to us, so we’re updating our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy to give you more control over how your data is used. We know you’re busy taking in this week’s matches, so we’ve summarized the changes below.

These changes will take effect for existing users of our website and apps on May 23, 2018. For anyone who has previously visited our website or used our apps, the information we previously collected from you may be used in the ways we describe below.

Here’s what’s new:

• We’ve provided additional details about the information we collect and how we use it. We’ve also explained your choices and the control you have over your information.
  • We may collect your location information in order to provide you information about your local club and other information that may be relevant to you based on your location.
  • You can connect your social media profile to our website and apps, which allows you to share your activity on your profile.
  • On May 25, 2018, a new European Union data protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), takes effect. We’ve updated our Privacy Policy for those users who may be covered under GDPR.

What you need to do:
We encourage you to review the updated Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy in full. If you have any questions, please email us at privacy@MLSsoccer.com.

By continuing to use our website and apps you are agreeing to the new Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. [/td]
[/tr]

Thanks Sully .

Thanks T Pat .