To our calgary bretheren

I just want to say that I take no real glee in Calgary's woes and any comment I may make at the Stamps expense is simply because it is there, because I can, so to speak. But all kidding aside, my deepest sympathies for this very rough week. Not sure if I have ever seen two back to back games like this for any team before. Its got to be just a freakish anomaly. This too will pass :thup:

...I am somehow strangely reminded of my bowels right now...

gall stones anyone...

Naturally, every team has ups and downs. Each game is worth only 2 points and the season is still young. So plenty of time for Calgary to redeem itself later. Meanwhile Calgary haters are probably happy now.

I do take some glee in this!
After putting up all off-season with how the Stamp receiving corp was the best–no contest–and that no players from Winnipeg, etc., could even help the Stamps because lets face it, the Stamps were just sooooooo good…no weaknesses at all, this is sorta sweet.

Having said that, after getting there butts whipped at Taylor Field, the scheduling gods showed no mercy on the Stamps. It was nearly an impossible task for them, on 4 days rest, and travelling east, to win in TO.
One might think that back to back blow outs was unthinkable, and no doubt the rumour mill will start grinding about Burris and Higgins, etc.

But here is the thing.
In the situation the Stamps were in, they were either going to rally to the flag tonight, or go into the tank.
Football (all sports) are kinda funny, in that the difference between a blow out and a victory is still very small.
The Stamp psyche was likely very damaged after last week, and when a few bounces went the wrong way, the wheels just came off.
The real test of this Stampeder team will be about 8 days from now.
If they stink up the joint at home, they are in huge trouble.
But I’m going to call a win for the Stamps right now, and I seldom make such predictions.

Hope it isn’t the kiss of death…

As long as Pinball with the argos, they be my number two team, so I cant say that I want Stamps to win, but a much closer well played effort by them would be good. They are very welcome to beat Edmonton and Montreal, and I could live with them beating WPG as well.

Even though I feel a little bit of glee as I think of the Stamps and their losing streak. I feel no ill will towards the misguided Stamps fans. I do however love to see Smilin' Hank suffer.

Yup!
It always comes back to bite you in the ass.

......the schedule ate the stamps up for sure......but looking a little deeper i see some problems in cowtown.....how about the blow-out in Regina.....they had lots of rest for that one....Before you start dissing other teams (yes, like my son red does)..you better make sure YOUR team has got it all together....and it dosen't appear that the stumps are quite there yet...maybe they should go back to the end-zone antics....at least that was an entertaining part of their game..... :wink:

No actually I have not seen this much concern for the Stamps this is great.

I do take some glee in this!
Oh I am sure you probaly did back flips around the block good on you.

After putting up all off-season with how the Stamp receiving corp was the best--no contest--and that no players from Winnipeg, etc., could even help the Stamps because lets face it, the Stamps were just sooooooo good.....no weaknesses at all, this is sorta sweet.

Well so far the Stamps are proving this to be right but a bit early now we can revisit this at Labor day.

Having said that, after getting there butts whipped at Taylor Field,

Oh yes they got their behinds hand to them.

the scheduling gods showed no mercy on the Stamps. It was nearly an impossible task for them, on 4 days rest, and travelling east, to win in TO.

True but that does not excuse them for error less football. How many turn overs in that game. More then in a bakery.

One might think that back to back blow outs was unthinkable,
Well this one you were wrong because of your above statment. 4 days no changes the Argos had to use the same plan the riders deployed and wha la you have another blow out. Oh and of course the Stamps had to accomodate turning the ball over.

and no doubt the rumour mill will start grinding about Burris and Higgins, etc. More about Higgens then anyone at this time. The team looks so bad you would think there are trying to get someone fired right!
But here is the thing.
In the situation the Stamps were in, they were either going to rally to the flag tonight, or go into the tank.
No kidding for the above reasons right did you spend some time with your twin brother turkeynuts Arius his wit is rubbing off on you :slight_smile:

Football (all sports) are kinda funny, in that the difference between a blow out and a victory is still very small. Very true that is why I like my team to get blown out because well it makes me feel better then losing on the last play right Larry! Glenn to Milt with Macocnuts cheering for a victory no headset the game is in the bag only to watch Milt run backwards into the end zone love to hate those losses.

The Stamp psyche was likely very damaged after last week, and when a few bounces went the wrong way, the wheels just came off. Really someone frogot the wheels in Regina. If ever another blow out was in the works this lead up to it. Your team gets destroyed and four days later in another city it would only be right to get hammered again. You would hope there would be a bit of improvement and frankly there was they scored 15 points 7 more from the previous game. ! point more then what Burris gave to the opposing teams. Not bad.

The real test of this Stampeder team will be about 8 days from now.
If they stink up the joint at home, they are in huge trouble.

Not really maybe in a Rider fans mind would you think that after all of the non successful seasons. But here in cowtown nothing but we are going to get better you can not possibly play worse.

But I'm going to call a win for the Stamps right now, and I seldom make such predictions.

Oh ya right put a curse on the team thanks arius!

Hope it isn't the kiss of death

See above

IMO Higgins has to go, it appears he has no control over the team and his team first philosophy hasn't reached the key members of this team. It is evident on the sidelines when players move away from him as he walks towards them and rarely do you see him talk to any of his players during the game.

Their saving up to feast on Lion this year.

Does a stampeder know how to cook Lion?

What the hell is glee? This is football man you throw the Stamp fan under your feet and dump manure on him. Whats wrong with you? Misguid Stamps fans no we are dam focused give us the ball we won't turn it over.
Smilin Hank better quit feeling sorry for himself and start playing.

Funny you said that Als boy! Your team has been bitten a lot this year better put those pampers on so the teeth do not come through!

You know dad your statment shows you are off those 60 ouncer's! I think that is the problem they are not allowed any emotion so what you ask for is what you get. Let my boys dance!

Bretheren? Sounds like a Hutterite colony... :lol: :lol:

I think the Stamps will rebound and you will see a far different team than the last two weeks (one week if you take into account the 4 day week). I dont mind them celebrating as long as its not excessive like a relay or boblsed thing, those are over the line.

Yes, games so close together can have an impact,thought I was interested to see on the GoStampsGo site a former player posting before this last game that the Stamps had once done 3 games in 8 days and run the board and that having games so close together should not be a problem.

[quote="sambo42"]Bretheren? Sounds like a Hutterite colony... :lol: :lol:

I think the Stamps will rebound and you will see a far different team than the last two weeks (one week if you take into account the 4 day week). I dont mind them celebrating as long as its not excessive like a relay or boblsed thing, those are over the line.[/quote]

Sambo aren't you the poster boy for a colony! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears them not celebrating has caused them to lose! Let them dance fool!