To Beat Montreal Next Week, the Argos Need A LOT of.......

I'll be surprised if DA doesn't have one of his best games of the year on Sunday. He's a fierce competitor and HATED to be pulled on Sunday.

Tom Wright is correct... before you go to 10 teams you need to get back to 9.

Ottawa is the most logical choice I think becasue it has a stadium (no other city does) and it has a sufficient population base (1 million) with good coprporate sponsorship potential. I hope we are able to return there for 2008.

After that, Quebec City, Halifax and perhaps Windsor are possibilities as a 10th team, but longer term. No stadiums, not as many people, less corporate potential.

Damon is no doubt a fierce competitor,but father time has caught up to him and the coaching staff IMO will need to judge when to insert youth and vigor hopefully with some smarts to keep finding windows like last game.
I agree Damon will be fighting ,but, there comes a time .......

To beat Montreal next, the Argos will need alot of Defence and will probably get by without Michael Bishop,but that won't carry them all the way in Earl Greys party.....or so it looks .
Alouetta!

Is Rich Stubler really that good or any Defensive co-ordinator for that matter good or bad.
Give Stubler a rookie laden cast and we'll see if he can develop them,OK thats not the case so we can't see that .
He has a cast of veterens led by former Ti-Cat Orlando Stienaeur at safety.These guys make the decisions on the field that make or brake the Defensive Co-ordinator.
We all said last week that Bombers D-coordinator Greg Marshall was a top coach ,then his team melted in a soft zone defence in the late stages of the game.
How good is Stubler really?He's not bad thats for sure but his cast of players is the best and they do it all.... not Rich .

I agree--time's caught up with Damon Allen. He just hit the wall more suddenly than most. After all, he's just had his MVP year. The Argos may be ok though because Calvillo may have hit his own wall by the looks of his season. I also hope the Argos stick with a gameplan and not immediately start throwing the ball on every down if they get behind. With Avery and Williams in the backfield, a running game is a no-brainer to me.

I'd rate the receivers on both teams as 4/5.
I'd rate the QBs on the Argos 3.5/5 and the Als 4/5.
I'd rate the Argos RBs 4/5 and the Als 4.5/5
I'd rate the Argos 2ndary 4/5 and the Als 3.5/5.
I'd rate the Argos LBs 4/5 and the Als 3.5/5
I'd rate both D lines 3.5/5
I'd rate the O lines 3.5/5
I'd rate the kicking games 4/5
I'd rate the Argo coaches 4/5 and the Als 3/5

Stubler is a very good assistant coach. However, probably not as good as everyone says given the players he's been given. But his bend-don't-break philosophy seems to win more games than lose them and his players seem to love him so I figure it's hard to ask more of Stubler than that.

I think the score will be 21-18 Argos.

An Argo fan

Good points about Anthony Calvillo,the forgoten "getting up there guy",not to mention Cahoon is banged up but rested.
C. Shultz mentioned Arlan Bruce as the difference favouring the Argos on the bullpen today .

Ya Stubler reminds me of Don Sutherin in that way of bend but don't break,and ya he's good .

This game is the Argos for the taking....if Stubler can make changes to his same ol same old defence strategy of using the line backers to cover passes not stop running backs.
Can the Argos do that and beat the Als?Ya I think so.
Alouetta! Alouetta !

How slow a start will the Als have after the lay off?They didn't respond well after a week off this year ....?
How fast a start will the Argos have to get a quick lead?

Ya YA talk is cheap ,looking forward to the Eastern Final.
Alouetta!