To all Ottawa - and CFL - fans

I have been to two Ottawa games at Frank Clair, plus the Grey Cup there. I had a lot of fun there. But they could definetly do more. One thing they could do is prevent the stupid Kid beer vendors from expecting tips. I gave $20 for 2 cans of beer at $6 each, kid just looked away. So I asked for my change, he gives me 5 and says thanks. I said hell no, give me my money kid. He was all like, "I am just a kid I gotta make some money." I told him I am just a student who needs my money to get drunker, so give me my $3. Same crap happened to my bro and a friend. That was 2 years ago though

with the news that only one person works the phones for ticket-sales, and billy's story of the beer vendors rippin people off, its no wonder the gades are doin so poorly.

Ya that is brutal and more important is an embarassment.

Teach’em a lesson - Bring your own!

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Stupid behaviour like that does more to drive fans away from games than anything else. If you feel you are going to be hustled or hassled while trying to enjoy a game, then you won't want to come back.

That kid might have been doing the hustling of his own accord but, to a patron, he represents the organization and the entire team just as much as Kerry Joseph does.

That endzone cat looks like it would fit a lot better at Ivor Wynne ...

I absolutely agree with the rest of you, the entire organization - down to the vendors in the stands - has to have an air of professionalism. The Stamps (now) look like a very well-run organization ... we need to convince everyone that this is what the Renegades need. Keep going with it!

ah, the endzone cat, that's the giant tiger tiger. giant tiger is a discount store, kinda like a mini wal mart.

..... Hasn't Lonnie already done a great job,,,in bringing the circus atmosphere to Frank Clair....seriously though....I think its a great idea to promote games in conjunction with another venue that draws people....you should be able to enjoy a game with a discounted ticket...but they should also have a gades booth in the fare-grounds promoting the team...selling jerseys ...caps ...jackets etc....give the team max. exposure when you have the opportunity... :wink: ...sell some refreshments (beer or soda) with the Rens. logo on the cup....I'm sure they could come up with all kinds of ideas to promote... other than toga nights.... :arrow:

It's a shame you people elsewhere in Canada weren't taught more in school about your beautiful gem of a Capital City that we have here. I can't believe you don't know about the Central Canada Exhibition which has been around since the 1800's and is Canada's second biggest and oldest fair next to the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto.
I don't mind you knocking our pathetic football team, but you guys are starting to take on the " Ugly American" syndrome by continually knocking anything outside of your domain and being provincial in your thoughts about other places.
C'mon guys, be more Canadian and proud of everything we have in this beautiful country.
Amen.

I can attest to the fact that Ottawa is a beautiful city indeed. Lived there for about a year and a half and enjoyed it, loved running, walking, cycling and skating on the canal. And going over to Quebec up to Lake Meech area, beautiful without a doubt. And the Ottawa Valley close by, beautiful again. In fact I may retire there as my wife is from Ottawa and we go there and visit and least once per year. Although we do like Hamilton a lot except that summers can get quite humid and winters often not enough snow to really enjoy the winter.
But I will not, and she knows it, live anywhere where there isn't a CFL team within an hour driving distance. I love going to CFL games that much. And we won't retire in London, Ont where I'm from since no CFL team.
So I hope Ottawa continues to stay in the CFL to keep my options open. Hopefully the ownership situation will soon be corrected if this is what needs to happen to continue to ensure a viable franchise in Ottawa.

Sorry supersmith, I didn't realize that high school curriculum was supposed to include lessons on the fairs and exhibitions that are staged throughout the country.

Besides that, I didn't read much on the thread that jumps out as me as being a knock against another region. Unless you count a kid trying to rip Mr. Soup off as being representative of the city, of course.

To further that point, did you learn all about the wonders of the prairies whilst you were in school, or do you think to yourself "Who would ever want to live in Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Alberta cause there's nothing there?" If not, thanks..... if so, your arguement would hold a bit less water in my opinion.

From what I remember about Ottawa from 10 years ago.... It was beautiful, and very, very clean.

Ottawa has great stadium and a good Exibition. I have been to games there while the Exibition is on and its a nice combination to enjoy both in the same day and evening.
As a neutral observer I think the chicken little's are over reacting (you get some in every town) about the football team. Except for Hudson, who will be hard to replace with another non-import, they're not in that bad a shape IMO. I expect the Rens will go with two import tackles the same as the Argos or maybe one at guard if Burns can still play right tackle. They need a game breaking WR and difference maker at MLB and they'll be a competetive team. Those guys aren't impossible to find.

Ottawa is a great city...clean...all sorts of parks, museums, historic sites, all within walking distance...but seriously, though, man, you guys have GOT to learn how to DRIVE! Every time I've been there I've nearly gotten killed by some psycho running a light or cutting me off. Even the buses cut each other off! I even had my cab driver nearly get into a fist fight with another who thought he had poached his fare. (And in all honesty, I think he did.)

Far and away the worst drivers I've ever seen: and I live in Hamilton, and have spent a lot of time in Toronto!

I really enjoyed the few days that I have spent in Ottawa (about 7 i think). Its a great city.

I agree with BigDave about the drivers though.
And my brother almost got arrested for trying to get in a cab to go home. (seriously about as menial as that) but that cop had LMS (little man syndrome).

Of course I studied the wonders of the Prairies! And I studied the Maritimes (don’t ever tell a Newfoundlander he’s from a Maritime Province!) And we studied the Yukon and NWT. And we studied the West Coast. Actually, I took Canadian Geography as an elective because I was interested in Canada first. Just like I took Canadian History and Canadian Literature as electives to get a better insight of my Country. I’ve been out East and I’ve been out West, and well, frankly, I loved it. I would never knock another region. Even Toronto (kidding).
Look, when I was in my 20’s, I used to have this hatred toward my hometown of Ottawa. I used to be embarassed to say where I was from. But then I realized it was an immature outlook, and quite frankly thought it was the Canadian way to feel inferior. But then I realized that the knocks against Ottawa that I used to hear about and agree with were fabrications of the Canadian media to sell papers. The propoganda used was that Ottawa was full of fat cats and corrupt politicians. Then I had an Epiphany! It finally occurred to me that it’s the rest of Canada who sends these politicians to us!
I really wouldn’t mind if the Capital of Canada was somewhere else, then the beauty of Bytown would be uncovered for what it really is.
And yes, you do send us your worst drivers also.

Go Rens Go!!!

Well then supersmith, I guess I have to take you at your word. :slight_smile:

I don't remember having those electives in high school, but then again, I was a wee bit of a math and science geek (like I'm not now.... but that's another story) and probably thought I should load up on those.

You know, we send those politicians to you, but they always say it was there that they became crooked.... I wonder if they maybe.... I shudder at the thought.... but maybe, they're lying about that too.....

Man, they sure are crafty!

Dave, Come out to Richmond BC…The worst drivers are there. I refuse to drive there. ( I let my son drive) Right handed turns made over three lanes. Nobody uses a turn signal.

I could tell you why they are so bad, but I would get kicked off for breaching the forum guidelines…So I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.

I remember this game from two years ago. Who’s idea was it to have Giant Tiger as the game sponsor when the Ti-cats were in town?

Sporty is very right on the Ricnmond has the worst drivers in Canada.