To all of the Rider bashers

I do not think so. I know Greg Peterson and he would never say that no way. You guys were planning the parade before they had the draft what is that. And you know I still believe all Stamp fans would be happy with making the playoffs so get your sorry butt of the ground and give your head a shake.

I remember a post, just before the Rider-Argo game in July that ONE Rider fan made the statement that they were looking at an 18-0 season. I remember it because I responded to that post with an "Oh, no, don't make us go through this" response. I guess "Popping off" can come back and bite one in the butt sometimes, can't it? I should point out that ,even with a perfect record so far, there have been no such pop-offs by Lions fans that I've seen. Billy, maybe some of the problems SOME people have with SOME Rider fans can be tied to that kind of attitude. Just food for thought for you.

here's an example of Rider trash talk you might have overlooked Billy....at the beginning of the year after the drubbing the Bombers took in game 1...a Rider poster came up with this.....I ALMOST feel sorry for WPG. ...but heh. it's the Bombers so ....... that kind of crap is why I don't feel sorry for the Riders and their predicament and probably one reason why the Sask.bashing is going on....I remember that little post and hope the Bombers leave the Riders alone in the basement this weekend....just maybe I might have a little sympathy for ya....never know... :lol:

Um actually he did say that. Do you know Greg Petterson persoanlly to know that he would never say that? And I believe it was after they had stunk up the joint in Ottawa and YOUR media in calgary was all over Burris. That's when Petterson said that there was going to be growing pains with Burris and the Stamps and that there were people who thought the Stamps were going to the Cup. He was saying be patient. So don't tell me to get my a$$ off the ground and give my head a shake. Do you listen to the pre-game shows? It was one of you Stamp fans who said you didn't care if the Riders folded but I couldn't remmeber who it was. I think I just found out it was RedWhite2005 because every other Stamp fan has been pretty reasonable.

I will admit I did say that out of frustration taking ot a ummm what this post is about and I think Saskagro ccan add you to the list. But I have not seen one post of any stamp fans bragging about going to the Grey Cup. I go to all the games do not need to listen to the radio. On Billy Soup I just will give you a sample here.

you can’t be serious can you? Yes BC will be evry good but I don’t see them only losing 3 times, edmonton will be 500 at best, calgary should be around the 7 or 8 wins, as well as winnipeg, but you are seriously underestimating the riders. They will easily make .500 and will probably be closer to 11-7 + range. I don’t know how people can discount a team with hands down the best rushing game, and an incredibly good defence that was second last year in total yards given up. I don’t think Riders are gonna walk away with wins against everybody, but they will beat every team in this league at least once.

oh and i am just trying the bigger size thing trying to help out sportsmen
and also you only need to press submit once, it will happen

Billy_Soup wrote:
Blazer_TE wrote:
no kiddin… wow… i dont even have anythin to say to those standins… they couldnt be more off, heres how its gonna be, give or take a couple of games

BC 15-3
Edmonton 12-6
Calgary 7-11
Saskatchewan 6-12
Winnipeg 5-13

These are of course wat i would like to happen and believe could happen fairly easily

you can’t be serious can you? Yes BC will be evry good but I don’t see them only losing 3 times, edmonton will be 500 at best, calgary should be around the 7 or 8 wins, as well as winnipeg, but you are seriously underestimating the riders. They will easily make .500 and will probably be closer to 11-7 + range. I don’t know how people can discount a team with hands down the best rushing game, and an incredibly good defence that was second last year in total yards given up. I don’t think Riders are gonna walk away with wins against everybody, but they will beat every team in this league at least once.

oh and i am just trying the bigger size thing trying to help out sportsmen
and also you only need to press submit once, it will happen

Redwhite:

Billy I know I give you hard time nothing personal, but I think the reason for people down playing the Riders is due to the QB’s. No one is sold on Greene and laugh Crandell. To be good you need a good QB. The rest of the team is not bad and well Danny and Roy have had a few years to get you guys there and have to not done this and well I do not see this happening again for the Green guys. They were 9 and 9 with Burris but he became good late in the season with yes KK. But again I do not believe Greene is capable to get you to the promised land. I do believe though you have a better chance then those nit witts from the north ( thier coaching staff is a joke and well they have an aging offensive line, no running back, receivers well down a notch from years gone by and the Riders proved that in the WF. I think Sask will do not better if not worse then last year sorry IMO>

My whole point though RW2005 is don't put me in the same category as everyone else. I've been going to games since 1979. I've seen more bad football then I care to remember. I'm 33 and have seen one home playoff game in my life and have witnessed about 6 winning seasons of my 26 years of going to Rider games. I come to this site to enjoy football topics and to be dumped into a category as the rest isn't really fair. That's just my opinion. And by the way I like your posts for the most part, just not the one that told me to give my head a shake.

Billy, give it a rest already man. If you cannot find the courage to admit that there were tons of Rider posters claiming the cup and writing off everybody else except BC then you are in denial my friend.

Read back through some of your posts and the posts of other Rider fans from April and May. You'll see exactly what we are all talking about. After you do that, come back and tell me where the hell all those Rider posters went.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of put your foot in your mouth and now you want all the others to merely overlook this indiscretion. I wouldn't have a problem with it except that I have seen nothing, nada, zip from most of them. At least when I when I step in shit I have the common sense and decency to admit that my foot stinks.

It's too bad that there are a few Rider posters that did not take this approach and are now getting caught in the crossfire somewhat. As far as the ones that did (claiming your team will be 11-7 and WILL win the Grey Cup qualifies), well as the saying goes. If your'e gonna talk the talk better walk the walk, and you guys definitely were talking the talk, so why the problem walking the walk?

Mr, you are unfortunately coming in at the wrong moment. Our issue is not with you per say, but with a number of Rider posters who went way over the top numerous times about how potent the Riders were and how great Nealon was and how awesome the defence was, you get the picture. As I stared before, 2 of every 4 posts was a Rider fan. Now there are only a few left and the ones that couldn't shut up are no where to be found. Sorry, but in my books that doesn't speak very highly of Rider fans in my humble opinion.

Cheers

Billy, you haven’t been paying attention have you. After reading the comments of people posting on this thread, I would say their reasons for taking a particular delight in every Rider loss are pretty clear. If, as you say, most Rider fan’s posts are no more inflammatory than those posted by fans of other teams, you need to ask yourself your own question – why then do you think the Riders have been singled out for the “anyone but the Riders� club? While you’re at it, you may as well figure out why the game officials are always plotting new ways to shaft the Riders in games they clearly deserved to win.
I didn’t just agree with Saskargo there, did I? Someone tell me I didn’t.

Supertoe here is a quote from my previous post: “I will completely agree that before the season started Rider fans talked a lot of smack saying they would win the cup”
Yes I wrote off alot of teams.
Calgary, I didn’t see them meshing this well so fast. I remember distinctly saying that they would be a good team next year but I did not think they would be as good as they are this year.
Edmonton: When I was around in the spring they had not gotten Ray back yet, that happened when I was away treeplanting, and In my opinion that has really been what has helped their team, and I think he is the MVP of the league right now, because of it.
Winnepeg: I was not far off on their team.
BC : I knew they would be strong. I didn’t think they would be 9-0 but not many did. I never wrote them off once, and I remember saying they would 14-4, i think
The east: Ottawa has suprised everyone so I am not alone in this.
Montreal is doing worse then i thought they would
Toronto slightly better
Hamilton way worse then I thought

Yes i claimed they would win the cup at 11-7. its called a prediction. I knew when I wrote it that it was that. It was a time when I had a lot more faith in my team. ( I still think we will make the playoffs by the way, cup might be pushing it)

But whatever, I obviously am not getting my point across and I will stop posting in this.

One thing to consider, last season when the Riders started to win at the end , did their fans ever get to be in your face. Us Lions fans were told how we were going to be pounded to no end . The threads on this could hardly be kept track of there were so many . Then the Riders lost and the fans were furious on here about the officiating ( the only reason they lost) and how they were going to whup us in the West final. All the while us BC fans said nothing , no boasting .
Now fast forward to 05 and BC is 9-0 , how many "we're going to kick your butt" threads can you find on here???? That's right , none.We never got boastful last season and we're not doing that this season either. What would it be like on here if the Riders were 9-0????

Just think of how boring this site would be without the Rider faithful to push around though. The only three certainties in life after all are death, taxes and rider bashing.....

Really I was joking around with you but again many of the rider fans that did do this even before the season started makes it tough on the Rider fans. Again if they can not take it do hand it out. You are probably right Mr but you should go back to April and look at some of the posts. Billy wonders why this is happening. I have developed some good friends that are Rider fans those people I have yet to see come on here and boast that a grey cup parade will be this year. Yes, there is nothing wrong in thinking that but to boast and put down other fans from otherr teams well there you go. What more can I say I feel bad for most Rider fans to have go through this yet again.

MR you have just described many of the Rider fans as far as frustration.

Hey then it would be the banjo pickers to the east right piggy! ha ha ha.
We should not paint all rider fans with the same brush right!

Lets take this one step further, its not only SOME of the Ruder faithful that tend to boast to the world how great their team is, their coach, their GM and most of their players do the same thing, which totally sets them up for the fall to the delight every non rider fan on the planet. The rider fans have been feeding off of Barret and Shiver propaganda for so long coupled with the drought of a home playoff game or grey cup they will belive anything these two clowns feed them.

One poster on here (sadly, I don't remember who) likes to comfort Rider fans by reminding them that no matter how bad the Riders suck, they still have twice as many Grey Cups as Baltimore.

:lol:

That has to be one of my favorites!

Well it is coming full circle and the Rider fans now see what many other fans have stated. Thats not forget Shivers is a good personel guy and well Danny Barrett will be a good coach eventually. But I do not think the Rider fans should wait for that to happen. They do have a good team it is just not put together right. It is like a puzzle you do not know what it is until it is close to being finished. Their problems can be solved very easily with four maybe five players to replace the guys that are not working out in the puzzle right!
All of the problems seem to be in the offense no doubt and this starts at QB.

Hey but that is a fact!

As much as it pains me to say...........I have to agree with most of the posters here.........not saskargo of course..........but most of them............I have read alot of posts from fellow riders fans that make my eyes roll.......yes refs screw up.......but the other teams fans are seeing some missed calls that could have gone their way...........I don't remember alot of riders fans praising Neolon...........and I have never like Burris to much either.........so I was looking else where for a QB....................BUT!!!!!!!!! saskargo is a pain............she reminds me of a Edmonton fans girlfriend I met at one game at Commonwealth.........great guy we exchanged insults all game........bought each other beer and had alot of laughs talking football.....but his girlfriend wouldn't shut up!!!!!!.......all game "riders suck.....you suck"................thats saskargo in a nutshell........all she can say is riders suck.......its not like I have ever heard her start a post about the use of halfbacks..........or third string QB's were suspose to promote canadian QB's................no just riders suck....nothing thought provocking about football or anything......so why do you riders fans let her tick you off..............cause lets face it..........this season has not gone the way we hoped and that last 5 games WE have SUCKED!!!!!!!!...........hang tough riders fans its not over till the fat lady sings.........but I fear she is moving away from the All You Can Eat Buffet and warming up

GO RIDERS GO

good post, i think we should be able to get together as fans, respect that we like other teams, and still have a good time together…i live in sask. i watch games with rider fans, we beek eachother, but still it’s all in good fun…football is just a game, it’s meant to be enjoyed

glad you liked the post eskimos32001...it was the playoff game where the riders had won the game on a last minute drive.........no time on the clock and Dave "Robokicker" Ridgeway came out to kick a easy 32 yarder........we were singing "hey hey goodbye".........then he slipped on that ^%#@$$&$&^#%@#()^^ turf of yours and flubbed the kick...........we ending up going out for wings and beers with the Eskies fans......it was a great day........well almost..........................................