To all fans that attend Lions games

i was getting a little PO'd at 80 - 90% of the fans last night at the game.... when we have the ball... do what Ms. Crabtree from southpark would tell you to do... "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!! "... that means NO WAVE...no chanting "go lions go"... when our offence has the ball... only make noise between plays but quiet down when they go to the huddle... they need to be able to hear the play calls... snap count.. and audibles...... even the Lions players were trying in vain to quiet the crowd... the time for doing the wave and yelling and screaming is when THEY have the ball... when they do... go nuts.. we don't want them to hear what they need to...

so please... be QUIET for our offence... don't make me pull out the little bunny <--- (if you watch southpark you'll get that :wink: )

That surprised me too, the wave going, all that racket, while we had the ball. I remember the waves of the 80's, but back then we knew when to make the noise...

Ya think they'd learn by now....especially with the cute "be quiet" message on the big screen.

I was trying to get people to cut it in my section too , but it was futile. The crowd did seem to stop when they put it up on the screen though. I guess that’s what we get with all the new fans though.

i was trying to quiet them in my section too.... i even got booed at :x the only time they seemed to stop is when they flashed that little clip of one of the o-linemen and his son with his son saying "please be quiet... my daddy is trying to work" the pictures without audio had no effect... and what about that dumbass that yells at the crowd to get them all fired up when we're on D... i wonder why he didn't say something... could have made himself usefull for once...

i'm really missing the educated crowds of the 80's... i'm even starting to wish we were only getting 10,000 or so again... cuz even if 90% of the crowd wanted to make noise... they couldn't make enough noise to distract anyone :lol:

BUMP... just cuz we have another home game coming up and i wanted to remind those fans that make noise when we have the ball to please remain quiet... save the wave and go lions go chants for when Sask. has the ball...

Trouble is Chronicguy , only 160 people have read this post so far. The vast majority of people at the game don't look on hear. They need to do more at the stadium earlier in the game , like maybe right at the beginning to promote the concept to the masses. And reminders through out the game to be quiet for the offence. Maybe a few banners on it would help too.

i know... can't reach many people here... and probably 60 or 70% of those 160 are long time fans and know when to and when not to make noise... but still... if i reach 20 people... and those 20 people go to the game with an avg. of 2 other people... thats 60 more people that might help quiet the fans that are still making noise... at least that way i won't be the only Lions fan being booed by other Lions fans :lol:

but i do agree... they need to get this info to the fans at the game... in ways that they haven't tried yet... those little signs on the big screen don't work... i like the idea of banners... that would help... i think that dumbass that walks the sidelines and yells at the fans to make noise when our D is out there should make himself usefull for once and tell them to quiet down if there's too much noise when the Lions go into the huddle...

BOY LIONS FANS ARENT TO SMART ARE THEY, QUIETING DOWN FOR YOUR OFFENCE IS PAGE 1 STUFF

I was at the Montreal game and while in general I would agree that the fans should be quiet when the offence has the ball, but the offence should give the fans a reason to be loud, for most of the 1st half save the opening kickoff and the last play they did nothing. The fans were restless ....
If the offence gives the fans something to cheer about theyll cheer at the right time !!!