Titus Ryan signs with Dallas

…as certain as you were about Milanovitch getting hired by the argos a week ago… :lol: Guess Watkins could end up anywhere… :lol:

Hamilton has tried on at least two attempts to trade for Watkins. They were even prepared to part with their #1 pick in the draft to get him. They have money and Bellefeuille and Watkins get along great. Also he has a business in Georgia so staying East makes getting back and forth easyer and cheaper.

so who do the ticats send packing then if they sign watkins? we'll take our local boy bauman off your hands if you like :smiley:

well, IMO the bombers better back that truck load of money into his yard... we need an upgrade at reciever, a dependable 1000 yard vet, if we are going to groom a young guy at qb. also need an upgrade at the gaurd position opposite LaBatte.. Everyone here knows who we need to sign there.

it would be pretty scary if he ended up in hamilton... With Glenn throwing the ball to Bruce, Rodriguez, Stala AND Watkins... and there O-line.... Thats a pretty good offence already without watkins, we dont need hamilton getting even better.

I agree that the Bombers would be crazy not to make a serious pitch for Watkins for all of the reasons you mention.

The Bauman situation is very interesting. It is his option year but his contract is structured differently. It is Hamilton who has the option on him and I’ve asked twice if they had picke it up and no answer. My guess is that they have not yet reached a date where they must make the decision.

Aren't most option year contracts team options? I can't think of the last time it wasn't.

…I though so too arte…Option year contracts are team options… :roll:

however…with some of the contract terms floating around now…and different structures (see mallett in b.c.) who knows>>>???I think Hargraves is just as good as Baumann in any event ,if he’s given the chance to play more…We haven’t signed him so why would we bother with Baumann…UNLESS ,there’s a plan NOT to re-sign Hargraves :roll: :roll:

I thought it was a team option too with the players getting the window. When Barrin Simpson was released he said that in the exit interview he had been told that the Bombers were going to exercise the option and that was when he first asked for his release and his request was denied.

Pat McDonald has signed with Seattle. 5-Blue Bombers- have been signed by NFL teams,to date

Richard

The Bombers can always draft another Canadian receiver. Hargreaves has done nothing in his time with the Bombers. He wouldn't be a big loss if he walked.

…and ALL of this from a team trying to get its act together…you’d think we won the Cup or something…things have to change orrrrr for every two steps we make…we’ll just continue to get kicked back five… :thdn: :frowning:

Makes you wonder just who John Murphy was scouting for ?

Well the Kelly crowd was crowing how he had owned Barker. The Stamps probably knew that there was strong NFL interest for Ryan and Arthur was damaged.

I doubt it. I don’t think anyone knew there was NFL interest in Ryan until he signed. As for Arthur, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

…nobody knows the state of health of Jabari Arthur until tc…If he lives up to any of the press given him before his injury …we have a keeper… :wink: we’ll see…

what? did we just lose ryan in that calgary deal? yup. willis still a bomber, dimichele wants to come back, armstrong is listed on the bomber website.. arthur is listed aswell.

1 guy who barely played and is trying out exclusively as a kick returner and this trade is a joke? LOL

maaan, reality is of all the guys we have lost to the NFL (5 IN TOTAL) i beleive only 1 (hefney) was a starter, guice barely played, ryan only played like 3 games, doggett was a backup linebacker, mcdonald was the backup ls/dt. these guys barely played.

thatts what i dont get. we arent losing starters. we are losing back ups. BACK UPS.

i dont get it.

No what you are losing is guys who had one year in. So the guys that will come in will come in as rookies again. Kind of like losing a Fred Reid after his first year and saying who cares he's a backup.

Ryan will likely be back. I cant remeber where i read it, but Ryan was signed as a body for special teams. not even getting a chance at reciever.

Hey, gotta love a good conspiracy theory!Maybe that was why he got the boot. :wink: