Tisdale a Tiger-Cat again!

I think you’re right. Plus they have Keon Raymond on the other corner who’s likely cheaper as well.

Yeah, I can’t see it being a cap issue. Where are they spending all their cash? Burris, Reynolds, and Rambo are all gone. They don’t have a parade of all-stars on defense. Cornish isn’t making big money yet. So it looks like someone else beat out Tisdale for a starter spot and cheaper. And as Hfx said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Huf still harbors a bit of rancor about Jones leaving and this is a way to stick it to the Argos. :wink:

Re: the defensive secondary

It is difficult to find game ready import d-backs

The size of a CFL field alone is intimidating for an American defensive back
let alone covering receivers flying off the line of scrimmage for the first time.

They need quite a few games under their belts to feel confident doing that.

I choose to consider the cuts of Woody Tureene[?] and Milt Collins
with a year or more of experience as a positive thing because

the coaching staff must be really impressed with the newcomers they kept .

That’s just my optimistic nature coming to the forefront.

P.S.

Then I think…Rome wasn’t built in a day. Last year’s D.C. Chamblin thought so,

but he was proven wrong and yet he got a head coaching job this year.

Maybe Cortez will pick up some veteran dbs who get cut by other teams

or maybe we will have a revolving door of d-backs. I hope not.

I'm thrilled to have Tissy back here with us. I hated to see him go. I tend to agree with Ron on the circumstances of the trade. I think CGY threw way too much money at him and he didn't quite perform up to their expectations (I think he had 4 INTs last year) so they went with someone who has football experience (albeit NFL experience) who was willing to take less $$. In a cap based league you don't necessarily have to be tight to the cap in order to dump salary. They do still have some guys making decent money too. That jerk Nik Lewis, Romby Bryant and even with Glenn re-negotiating his contract he isn't making league minimum for sure. CGY did a ton of contract extensions during the off-season including some guys making decent $$ like Hughes and Tate got starter money. I can't see how this could even possibly be a bad trade for us. For once I have nothing bad to say about a trade lol

Good pickup by the Tiger-Cats. He's not allstar but he's steady.

true, not spectacular by any means, although a dependable back either way.
He should complement our base defenders nicely.

I agree with Banshee, ronfromtigertown, HfxTC and the others that think Tisdale is slightly above par. I think Tisdale is better than some of the DB's we have but he's not an A calibre player, a B, maybe a B+. Tisdale has played with some consistency but he does have a tendency to get burned.
O'bie knew better than to pay what Calgary had offered and now Calgary has realized it and that's why he got cut.
Tisdale does have his moments but he does get caught out of position or just flat out beat more than he should.
I think the DB's are the weakest link on this team and getting Tisdale is an improvement with what we have but if his inconsistencies continue his days will be numbered.

And now O’bie IS paying what Calgary offered, even after Calgary decided he wasn’t worth it.

Not really, this is a one year rental. Calgary paid a chunk of this year’s due up front. That is what I find curious about this trade, obviously the new DC in Calgary didn’t want him.

Souce?

CaptainKirk :lol:

Tisdales Calgary salary.

[url=http://twitter.com/scratchingpost/statuses/37955218637459456]http://twitter.com/scratchingpost/statu ... 8637459456[/url]

Feb.16,2011

Tisdale contract with ?#CalStampeders? will pay him $110k /yr with $20k bonus. Would have put ?#Ticats? salary structure out of whack.

His bonus is paid so it looks like $110k/yr.

Yummy. I have that sauce in my fridge right now. I bought it because it has a Tiger on it. Goes good on gameday chicken wings. :smiley:

Watching Geoff's interview it look like Geoff might have gained a few pounds I hope it hasn't slowed him down. But I sure wish him luck and welcome him back. :thup:

Maybe he can't catch balls thrown directly into his hands.