Tired of CFL officials

Oh my god the inconsistency is brutal. Maybe they should have the censors from this site censor the officials because they way they perform is a four letter word that starts with s.

As long as you don't call them a 6 letter word starting with R your OK. :wink:

Welcome to the CFL buddy

Wow another cfl ,Ref thread ...... yawn !!!!!

The fact that these threads exist should be a clue to the CFL that something is wrong when the talk of a game is almost as much about the Refs as it is about the players.

Refs are like O linemen. If they do their job right you never hear about them.

Kasps has 2324 comments about other people's posts and nothing to say himself.....I was simply stating my frustration with the inconsistency in the reffing. I could complain about how the coaching staff of the Eskimos seems to be inept at game planning and strategy, or how the Eskies o line is a mess, or how the defence hasn't stopped anyone this year. Too many of those threads I bet.

There are a lot of these threads though and have been for a long time. You would have got a better response if you had been specific instead of just generalizing that they suck. You want discussion post about a specific call or type of call and lay down an example or two for people to respond to.

There are many here that agree with you and I'm one of them.

[ote="dcmoses"]

There are a lot of these threads though and have been for a long time. You would have got a better response if you had been specific instead of just generalizing that they suck. You want discussion post about a specific call or type of call and lay down an example or two for people to respond to.

There are many here that agree with you and I'm one of them.
[/quote]

:thup:

Well, specifically in this game, I was referring to the pi call against edmonton. He had his hand on him but didn't push. It's fine if they call that, but they need to be consistent. A few plays later the Calgary defender has his hand on the esks receivers mask and then gets a pick with no call. It was as much a pi call as the earlier one.

And yes, I am an Eskimo fan and get frustrated when calls affect my team. As a former player and now a coach, all I ask of officials is to be consistent. Call it a certain way every time, not just here and there. I bet the players re very frustrated too.

I understand your frustrations and share them when bad calls are made on the Riders, but when they are I just breathe and remember nothing comes easy and you have fight somtimes against more than just your opponent. If you can win despite bad calls you truly are a great team.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with a rider fan, but you are right. However, my team isn't good enough to overcome those bad calls. Lol

:lol: Well at lest you can joke about it.

Looked like a bad call from the replay, but I can sympathize with the official on that one. From his view point he couldn't see the back of the Eskimo receiver where the "contact" was. His mistake was not having the courage to keep the flag in his pocket and admit he could not see what the defenders hand was doing and not call a penalty on what he assumed happened.

WOW. That's a bad call. Idc what Suitor says. His arm didn't even move. The defender didn't prevent the catch illegally. If price extended his arms fully he'd catch it.
wow. :?

Suitor didn't say it was a good call, he said that "it would be called". I have a hard time with it because he didn't close his hand or really impede him. I didn't think it was PI when I saw it at full speed.

Well I take back my Suiotr comment. I was mistaken.

If the internet existed 100 years ago, there would have been just as many threads about poor officiating then as there is now. There are three consistencies in life: death, taxes and bitching about officiating. I'm with Kasp on this one and I am getting tired of it.

There is a simple solution. If you don’t like the topic of the thread, don’t read it.

Actually, I don't. I may read the first few posts, chime in with a comment if chose, then leave. I try to avoid all the whinning and complaining threads (Glen Suitor, Rod Black, officials, scheduling, Labour Day, etc.). Sadly, after all that, there is very little on this site to read. Bye.

Ugh. Nice block by the wide receiver though. Oh wait, the ball has to be caught before you are allowed to block, don't you?

At least rkwamba doesn't stop running until his guy is in the end zone.