Tink Tink Tink

Thats the sound we are hearing coming from Maroons Road as the bombers continue the rebuilding process of this years squad. And although I have been critical of Taman and Daley recently, you have gotta like the latest moves they have made in the receiving core. The additions of MacDonald and Brazzell should pay instant dividends, both are game breakers which will take alot of the focus off Milt.

So, the oline and dline are set, running back was never a problem, the receiving core looks fixed. I still think we need a little help in the secondary, possibly the addition of Santino Hall will help, and with Michna stepping up and looking like a legitimate back up for Glenn at qb. Westwood needs to lay off the grass for awhile and focus on place kicking

I gotta hand it to Taman and Daley because after the loss to the Stamps I was ready to throw in the towel but now I am pumped again. At least they are making this year interesting if nothing else.

keep those trade channels open....and also keep looking at NFL. cuts, that are under Bomber scrutiny....maybe we can put a winner on the field this year yet....I .like the deal, Kamau for Chris....it's going to take a little time to get the new recievers worked into our line-up....but it does look promising and if nothing else shows we are not complacent....now if we can start the right QB. HEH.....we might have a shot on sat. :arrow:

Where do you think Lumsden would go if he was cut?

.......Hamilton holds his rights, with troy davis in their fold already they will have some trade power to deal with.......

I'm impressed with Taman - not at all with Daley. What's to be impressed about?

People like to badmouth Taman, but the fact is when something needs to be done, he gets it done, usually via a lopsided trade in our favour (see Jones, Khari).

The weakness that I see in him is that he is not very proactive, and a cheapass. However a large part of that is the environment he's working in.

We have arrived. All facets of the game came together tonight in the 44 - 14 dismantling of the Cats. Just have to clean up a few bad penalties and we are good to go down the stretch. Playoffs are still a possibilty.

I think that overall Taman has been excellent. He stole Regimbald, Lysak, and Fleming (three KEY Bombers) in the Khari Jones trade. He picked up Tee Martin (who is not great now, but has tonns of potential, which is being proactive) and Michna, stole Brazzell from Hamilton while getting rid of Peterson, trading Mudge, picking up Goodspeed, and picked up Colon and other up and comers who are also making contributions now. I really like the team Taman has put together - I just hope that he can keep this group together for a few years, because I truly believe that we can win a Grey Cup in the next 2-3 years.

And Taman is working within a budget, so he can't singn the same type of talent as BC, Tor, Cal, or Edm, which means that needs to be more creative (i.e. signing McGarity who turned out to be a bust, and trading for Brazzell which so far looks to be good).

One thing I like about Taman is that he not afraid to make a move (either a signing, a trade, or release), and he is always looking to make the team better. I am also impressed with the Bomber scouting - we seem to have alot of newcomers this year who are making an impact (i.e. Felds, Fields, Sutherland, Michna, Colon etc..).

I also like the fact that Taman did not give into Bobo's contract demands and his threat to retire. Taman has done a great job of being fiscally responsible, being schrewed, and making very good football decisions. We're going to have a great team in a coupel years, and I hope that Taman is still around to get credit.

Sorry, but you must be smoking the same stuff hat TEE is smoking! TEE had a pedigree but that’s been all shot to hell with his perormances. Really, an “experienced” quarterback of unlimited talent can’t run for a first down or find a receiver that’s wearing the same uniform.

TEE never happenned here in Winnipeg and never will considering that he has now about a whole year of understudy, some starting roles, and has not once shown any sign of being even a mediocre quarterback in the CFL. Michna did more in one quarter of play than TEE has done despite his huge promise.

BYE BYE TEE

funny how a win can put a whole new complexion on everything....alot of people were (including me in one post ) calling for some management and a coaching shake-up.....well that has eased a bit now....but we have to prove a lot more in the rest of the games....but got to say, I saw the great potential this team has, last night...hopefully we have turned the cornor... :arrow:

potentional from the players, but I think that the coaches still have alot to learn.

i somewhat agree with jamiestoddard...lol... we saw a great game from all players.. glenn sure showed up and put up some pretty good numbers... we have our #1 QB ... i have read that soempeople think Glenn is not starting material, well he just proved you all wrong. Milt... alway's there and doesn't care about his #'s, he just wants to win games and a grey cup, brazzell had a decent game, mind you he's still learning the BB's system. Stokes had an awesome game at slotback, expect him to be there for a long time, colon.. made some impressive play's, had a great game. Stoddard is alway's sure handed and belongs in the line-up (even as a 5th reciever). The o-line played great again, special teams played great and the D was very impressive.
ON THAT NOTE IT WAS HAMILTON... THE REAL TEST BEGINS FRIDAY VS OTTAWA.
ALSO I MIGHT ADD THAT TROY NEEDS TO START MAKING FIELD GOALS (GIVEN THE 54 YARDER WAS A LITTLE OUT OF REACH) IF HE DOESN'T START CONNECTING LET'S PUT JON RYAN IN THERE TO TRY A FEW.
I HAVE NOT KNOCKED TAMAN THAT MUCH... YES HE MADE SOME GREAT MOVES VIA TRADES, SIGNINGS, SCOUTING ETC. HE WILL STILL BE GM AND WELL DESERVED.... DALEY HAS TO PROVE TO US THAT HE IS A WINNER, STILL NOT SURE IF HE IS HEAD COACH MATERIAL.

GO BLUE GO
OH YEAH.... GREY CUP 2006 IN WINNIPEG (BLUE WILL BE HERE NEXT NOVEMBER IN THE BIG GAME)