timmy , get out of HAMILTON , promises were broken

you are better off elsewhere.. i know you screwed up on your first 2 starts but bro.. you played the same team..and that team is the #1 defense in the league... they had set u up for failure... you do not deserve this... im speaking on behalf of canadian fan ..as well as a homegrown... cfl is much of a business.. you need to go elsewhere where you can get the experience... the promise for equal opportunity has been broken... now you need to go elsewhere.. your in the cfl.. and in canada... why dont you give it a shot and try else ... the coach is nice but also has broken the promise of opportunity...

Hi island boy, nice to have you in our forums. It was time to see what Chang could do in this league. How better can we see his abilities then against one of the better defences in this league. Clearly, Chang is not ready. He had happy feet. Often rolled out to his left thus making it difficult for him to throw and if he didn't roll out, he would keep back peddaling and throwing off his back foot. Williams went in and showed us what a couple years of experience can do for a QB. Chang needs more time to develop and I still believe he can do that. Being 3rd string will take the pressure off of him and allow him to slowly learn this game, so that one day a couple years from now, HE can come in and impress like Williams did.

One view.
Tim still has the opportunity to develop and now the offence may be structured to give him a better chance to show his stuff... even if he does have to content himself with being #2 if he proves himself.

He's young and has a lot to learn. It's not college ball anymore and instant success isn't likely.

I agree that - if he doesn't get another shot then it's time to try another team but that decision is probably months off yet.

Where's he going to go? No one is just going to hand him a starting job. Not in the CFL, not in the NFL, and NFL Europa has folded. So that leaves what? The Arena league?

He's going to have to sit on the bench and learn some more. There's not much more he can do.

im sure some other team will take chang...can be definite on that...he has the credentials...he needs experience whether he loses the game...i thought they were going to give him he amount of time to have live fast game experience...chang started just 2 games but to the same team which again i said is the number 1 defence in the league...the coaches talked but won't let him redeem his errors..also..it was a short week to prepare against the number 1 defence...it is a slap in the face....and that would demoralize chang by taking him out in just the second start...people say he is young...but yeah ...he is young in the league..but that doesn't mean he cannot learn in the actual game...the coaches are full of b/s....

...it is a slap in the face....and that would demoralize chang by taking him out in just the second start...people say he is young...but yeah ...he is young in the league..but that doesn't mean he cannot learn in the actual game...the coaches are full of b/s....

The coach actually did him a favour by pulling him out when he did !!! Had he not, Timmy just may have set a new league record for interceptions in one game !!!!!!

Taafe was looking for a progression from game one to his second start. Didn't happen, if anything he regressed. When that happens it means he's not ready but at least now he knows that in his heart...Hopefuly it will help him accept that fact.

IMO he is at least 2 years away. Right now he is a #3 QB what most teams consider a development QB. Like other fans have mentionned there isn't another team in the league that would make hm first or second string.

I doubt if any promises were made to Chang apart from the opportunity to make the team--which he did. I doubt if there would be much interest in Chang from other teams at the moment after his two poor starts and a couple of stronger relief appearances earlier in the season. Best he stay put and prepare himself for another chance.

An Argo-Cat fan

It's hard to feel real sorry for Timmy, when after the second game he went behind the starting QBs back and asked the coach to start him instead.
Some times you make your own bed!!!!

Island boy, the coaches didn’t hire
the CFL’s 2004 Most Outstanding Player.

Think logically, put your emotions aside
and you will see why Timmy’s not starting.

with all do...

I believe Timmy has the credentials as well but you just can't throw a QB in to the fire like that. I agree it was a tough 2 games for him to start. He said he was ready...he clearly wasn't. Some great QB's in this league spent a couple years behind veteran QB's learning the game and being patient. In fact a few HAll of Famers have done it. I like Timmy a lot but I think he will benefit a lot from watching Casey. Wait a minute wasn't he a backup to? And who was that third string guy in BC... Uncle Buck?

Sorry got a little sarcastic I apologize but hopefully you get the point Island boy. He will get his chance again he just needs to be patient and learn the game some more.

Trust me,if he is traded its not because of broken promises but only because he cant produce here!

Baltz:
yeah...but can this team afford to spend the time necessary to develop Chang? He has a long way to go and there are surely other QB's out there who are much further along and can step in right away and produce if needed.

hey buddy come on he I think Timmy is the future of the team Printers will just skrew up like Maas and every one else we try to get so just give timmy a canse to show his stuff!

Maybe so but with Printers in the fold now and the same age as Chang he is going to have to wait a couple of years and develop because obviously there are never any guarentees that Printers will resign. Especially if we continue the losing ways. When given his chance again he will have to do what Williams did on Saturday.

i dont know why people expect timmy chang to play like warren moon in his 1st season, cut him slack and let him chill out.

i dont know why people expect timmy chang to play like warren moon in his 1st season, cut him slack and let him chill out.
here here. thats it right there, end of discussion.

Why doesn’t Chang get to play for 1.5 seasons before he gets replaced, just like Maas did? The coach was all lovey-dovey about Maas, but he disrespects Chang every chance he gets.

honestly, some these so-called fans confuse me, they complain about Chang asking the coach to start after the 2nd regular season game- I love that in a player, don't you want your backups to be determined to become starter? would you rather your backup players are lazy and don't care about starting and content with just being a backup scrub like cody ledbetter, pete gonzalez, and david corley?

First answer becasue we have Casey Printers. Maas got more leaway than Chang because Maas has a Grey Cup ring and was instrumental in his team winning the cup 2 years ago.

Second answer: Show me where Taaffe is "lovey dovey"

Third answer: Show me where Taaffe disrespected Chang