Time to trade Doug Brown

He doesn’t need Santa, Walls, Perry and Smith will ALL be giving him big Christmas presents as long as he keeps taking up all of the O-Line’s attention giving them 1 on 1 matchups. Brown is the definition of a team player, doesnt’ care about stats, doesn’t care about awards or achievements, he cares about doing anything he can to help his team win. Whether it’s getting a sack, or taking double teams to allow other guys…whatever it takes…that’s Doug Brown and that’s why NO coach would stand by and let him get traded, guys like that are guys you hold onto as long as you can

Lots of elite players (like BC's Johnson and Montreal's Stewart) get double teamed, AND STILL get sacks. Maybe Brown can attend one of their teenage summer football camps to pick up some pointers?

…maybe you could get a new defensive front…it won’t be long till the real Cats show-up…we’re waiting for the big fall… :lol:

And we're waiting for the predicted grey cup champs of '09. Cmon Kelly, almost every Bomber fan stated you were a genius at the beginning of the season, but 1-3 isn't sitting right with them at the moment.
Sorry, this one's for the Bomber fans that stated their team would wipe the floor with us. This is the point in the game where they realized maybe Mike Kelly isn't a god, and maybe we won't have a 16 game winning streak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6UhshyVSv8

Show me a post that said the Bombers were going to win the Grey Cup and that we were going to dominate early ? Most Bomber fans figured we would start 0 2, so 1 and 3 isn’t that far off, what was expected. The problem being, is Winnipeg just lost 2 winnable Divisional games and they have MTL and Cgy after the Tor game. 3 and 6 may be the number at the half way mark.

now… ignoring statistics for a second… what do those players (Johnson, Stewart) have in common? since you seem to know everything, I’ll let you try to figure this out on your own…

I won’t even bother pointing out that Stewart doesn’t get nearly as many sacks as you seem to think… unless eight in the past two years is a lot to you…

Wasn’t he the Eastern nominee for outstanding defensive player last year? I assume you started this thread to be a dink and get people riled up?

If I was to trade D Brown the price would be steep. Personally the only combination I like would be Mcpherson ,Josh Bourke , and Anwar Stewart.

Brown is good, but c’mon. If I was the Als I wouldn’t trade Bourke for Brown straight up. He’s approx. 8 years younger and one of the best tackles in the league.

I meant all 3 Alouette players for D brown not just 1.

Personally I wish D Brown to finish his career as a Bomber, that i why if Montreal made this trade they would be crazy.

I agree, if you're going to trade Doug Brown you need a tremendous overpayment from someone else. The Alouettes might be crazy to make that trade but something like that is likely what it would take to get Brown out of Winnipeg.

Oh boy ! Serious man love for the spandex/lycra wearing giant going on here LOL !

If I was a Winnipeg fan I’d be happy to get a 6 foot 7, 25 year old Ni left tackle like Bourke one for one.

edit

edit

LOL funny
but i guess being serious i think he will get better in the next few weeks i think getting sick has slowed him down alot

I would hope you would have some proof on your allegations. Accusing somebody on a open forum of a criminal offence is fairly serious stuff. Please provide proof to back your claim up. Saying ," I heard " isn’t proof. I think making false accusions is also against the law ! I would tread very carefully on this one.

DB is too old to be traded, he would just retire.

Kiss of death? When should we expect the announcement for the trade?

…right after the Riders announce they have dealt Fantuz to the Bombers for LeFors… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
…keep dreamin though Arius…