Time to resign Jojuan"Big Dog Armour

Now we have Obie he Must Resign the Big Dog Now
Before He comes a Free Agent.
The Big Dog is the heart of the Ticats Defence.
Will Zeke is the Muscles

Check out the best plays made by linebacker Jojuan Armour over the course of the 2007 season on Ticats TV.

He is Must to resign Obie a Must..

Big Dog wants big money....he's holding out for more.

The way he plays he’s worth every penny…

He will be over paid in Toronto and wont be worth every penny.

I hope we can keep him while keeping under the salary cap. That’s why we have a General MANAGER. It will be one of the many challenges facing Obie this coming off season.

Yep he is. If we let him go I’m going to be very unhappy.

I just enjoy the fact that my Jason Maas-clad back is on the lead story about JoJuan on the front page!

;)
  • paul

I really like him and want him back but not at any price. He is replaceable I believe.I would make him a very good offer but not an outrageous one.

In my view our greatest need remains at db and I think we need to pay extra time and money there first and then add a bookend on the opposite side for Amrstead either that or start believing in Ralph Brock who will be in a make or break year unless of course he gets traded to Calgary for a db and a draft choice?

That being said, if O'Shea retires and Armour becomes an Argo that will be very difficult to stomach.

IMO, if Casey's worth as much as he's being paid, Jojuan is gold. This is, without a doubt, the most pressing issue right now.

Rumor has it that he's heading to Toronto. Is this still true?

Armour heading to TO may be a rumour but only in Hamilton. His name hasn't appeared in any TO paper or been heard on the radio or tv in any context. I think the rumour is Hamilton paranoia over being bested by TO (shades of O'Shea). At the moment, if he plays anywhere next year it'll be in Hamilton.

Armour showed that he can be a good player but he is not so good that he can't be replaced if his asking price is too high. It's all got to fit into the team's overall salary structure. If you break the bank for Armour, what do you do for Moreno? who is a better player at a more demanding position.

An Argo-Cat fan

Well said Barney.

Speaking to the big Dog this year
I know loves playing here.
He wants to remain Close to Home in Toledo
So that means Toronto or Hamilton .
He like to drive home when the team has 3 or more days Off..

He can't do that if Out West or in Montreal.
Driving Directions to Toledo via Hamilton
397 km – about 4 hours 9 mins

[url=http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=Hamilton%20ontario%20to%20Toledo%20Ohio&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl]http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=firef ... a=N&tab=wl[/url]

Well said Barney, I agree with your assessment.

My Point is Barney
Hamilton had very little Leadership last season
Armour was one of Few we had
Can we really afford to not resign him?

Our Linebacking Core was one of few Good Parts of the team.

I think he will say he loves to play in Hamilton and I think Hamilton will say they would love to have him back and resign him. He lives close and wants to stay near Ohio for a short drive to visit family and friends. He likes his teamates and the fans love him here, he fits in perfect and is important to the defence. So when you add it all up it only makes sense that he will sign with the team that pays him the most money.

Obie probably was the one who brought Armour to the CFL.

I wonder if Armour has any hard feelings being dealt away from B.C.?

It was Wally who traded him not Obie…

I don’t think we disagree at all. My point is that as useful a player as he was, the team really shouldn’t over-pay him relative to what they’re paying guys like Moreno. Armour was a good player who happened to stand out on a bad team. Increase his salary significantly and how do you think Moreno feels? Don’t forget, Armour doesn’t have quite the season he had without Moreno beside him.

I think the Cats will sign him though. However, I heard the new Argos HC Stubler on the radio this morning and he was non-commital about O’Shea returning. If O’Shea is out, that creates an opening at LB. They can move Fletcher to MLB and use Armour on the outside.

An Argo-Cat fan

Armour has stated publically that he likes playing for the Ticats because he likes the Steeltown mentality (a city of hard workers who appreciate their football). Yes, the Argos could throw more money at Armour, but I can’t see him leaving.