Time to give Zac a start

Crash: I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately.

Agreed,
Thats a fact Zach. :-\

I don’t think anything is going to happen until seasons end

And I suppose if you are a true Zach supporter, that is what would be best for him, but maybe not so much for the Cats? I’m sure Edmonton fans hated to see Ray leave, and maybe even Maas. Seems to be the life of a QB in the CFL - even Flutie and McManus moved around, not to mention Glenn, Burris, Reilly and Nichols. I suppose only Mitchell, Lulay and Jennings are with their original teams.

When you can’t get a single 1st down with an 8pt lead and about a minute remaining in the game… that is pretty pathetic.

It would be crazy to trade or cut him without seeing how he does under a new coach and an improved team.

After the loss on Saturday, I think thats enough reason to say "okay Jeremiah, you got us some wins, you played well, but we're going to try Zach for a game" . And against Calgary, a game we don't have much chance of winning, might also be the perfect "no pressure" game to put him in for.

Palmer. And you think Masoli was an absolute magician out there? He can’t orchestrate ONE single 1st down with an 8 point lead and about a minute on the clock and he is your man!!! Wow! Good luck with that. I like JM but no way he has the talent/capabilities to finish. It is pretty clear to most of us. Zack is the guy! Gotta go back to Zack!

We play the Bombers next!!

Never said Jeremiah was a magician, just said that as of right now, his record of wins/losses this year is better than Zach’s record. Attack me personally if it makes you feel better about yourself, but it doesn’t change that fact.

Never meant to attack you personally Palmer. Just wanted to emphasize that JM didn’t do much to lead the team to victory with a lead and little time left in game. Call it lack of experience or whatever but I don’t think JM has what it takes. Zack does and I hope he is given an opportunity to silence the critics.

Yeah, I am starting to come around to the idea of Zach getting a start. I was dead wrong on CJ over Green, and maybe the time off has re-lit the competitive fire in Zach as well. The next two games are going to be tough for all of our guys, and might be good to see how Zach can do. I’m thinking that 60-1 shellacing must still smart, and would be an excellent motivator.

Again I say 'What makes you think JM called those plays in that 8 minute gap?' He didnt execute them well BUT HE NEVER CALLED THE PLAYS.

IMHO, we've seen what Masoli can do, or not do, over the last number of games. Without giving anyone the idea I've given up on the season, I would like to see what Zach can do given what seems to be an improved O-line, improved/returning players and starters, and simplified playbook.

Today's article in The Spec indicates coach Jones will not make a QB change, he being relatively happy with Masoli's play so far. Personally, I've been disappointed in Masoli's passing inconsistency and poor time/clock management (ie, often slow and lackadaisical breaking the huddle and starting the play).

Start Collaros and see what he can do. It seems the team has given up on him as it is.

What you said??

I agree with longtimeticatfan

give collaros a few starts see what we have as we know what we have in masoli and that is a guy that is inconsistant and has low pass completion percentage ....
he has done reasonably well ..but i could imagine if the old collaros came back that he'd excel in this offence...or maybe then try johnny manziel next year

it's too bad that june jones is so focussed on winning this year and not looking at the big picture ( zac..and masoli becoming a free agent )

i think we need to win in wpg as i think ottawa might win a game is sask or bc ..but likely not both

as it look like ottawa is getting their first stringer back this week

Let’s remember that Masoli has not started that many games, therefore his time management skills still need some sharpening.

The coaches are calling the plays, so they need to be even more aware of the clock than the quarterback.

We don’t know how these two quarterbacks have fared during practices, and maybe that is having a bearing on Jones’ decision.

Likely the coaches’ emphasis is on winning right now as there is still a possibility of a playoff position. And with that in mind, will go with the person he is most familiar with and has more experience with his offense.

I, too, would like to see Zach back in there.

But, I can understand why this has not happened.

IMO, a head coach should always be focused on winning, and should always be leaving the ‘big picture’ things like contracts, bonuses, and free agency to the administrative guys. The only reason we keep track of the score is to see who won the game, and the only reason we keep track of the standings is to see who won the season. Coaches get hired and fired based on their wins and losses, not on contracts and free agent signings.

And, as to Jones’ background experience, I think you’ll find that the over-whelming majority of successful CFL coaches have come though the NCAA and NFL systems, either as players, coaches, or both. A small minority are from the CIS, OUAA etc systems.

IMO ZC will be gone after this year. He is not Jones' type of QB. Aside from the contract the fact they signed a kid out of Texas tells me that it will be Masoli returning next year and ZC released or traded. :-X

Thing is, we DON’T know if Collaros will be gone, or whether or not “he’s Jones’ type of QB”.

The fact that they signed another quarterback is nothing new, teams are always scouting for and bringing in talent, as they should.

That this move is ANY kind of indicator of anything, is NOT clear at all.

I think we need to work Zach back into the starter's job as well.

Unless management knows something we don't injury wise, I think ZC represents our best long term QB option. I'm worried as they seem to be banking on Manziel, but I don't see a scenario there that works long term.

Either Manziel comes in and totally craps the bed, or, he comes in and plays lights out.....and then uses that as his ticket back to the NFL. Either way, is management banking on Manziel being in Hamilton more then 1 season?

If he plays great or terribly, he's gone in either case. We cut Zach and by 2019 we are left with Masoli as our #1 QB? Don't get me wrong, I like Masoli, I just don't think he can lead us to a cup.

I don’t think Masoli can use the “hasn’t started many games” excuse any more. He’s started 17 games over the past 4 years, and made numerous relief appearances. Nothing has really changed over the course of those 17 starts either. He’s still a streaky player with turnover problems, and seems to struggle with the clock at times. I think it’s pretty obvious that he’s either one of the leagues worst starters or best backups at this point. Not the guy to build your team around, but a great insurance policy.