TIME TO EVALUATE THE TEAM!!

IT HAS BEEN AN UP AND DOWN YEAR FOR US BB FANS, BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WE ALL KNOW THAT ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WILD CFL PLAYOFFS.

AS FAR AS PLAYERS ARE CONCERNED, WE LOOK PROMISIING GOING INTO 2009 (NOT THAT I AM LOOKING PAST 08 YET), JUST WANTED TO EVALUATE THE TALENT WE HAVE.

QB'S - GLENN LOOKED GOOD AT TIMES AND HORRIBLE AT TIMES, IS IT TIME TO STEP ASIDE AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE THE STARTING ROLE? THAT BRINGS ME TO RYAN DINWIDDIE, ALWAY'S LOOKS POSITIVE AND POISED BEHIND CENTER, HAD GREAT NUMBERS IN MONTREAL (WITH A SPRAINED ANKLE TO BOOT), I THINK IT IS RYANS TIME TO START IN 09. RANDALL, MAN THIS GUY HAS SPEED TO BURN AND CAN OUTRUN ANYONE AND HIS ARM IS STRONG AS WELL, KEEP HIM. ODD MAN OUT CHANG!! SORRY TIMMY WE HAVE TOO MUCH PROMISE WITH DINWIDDIE AND RANDALL.

RB'S - THIS IS A NO BRAINER - LIGHTNING AND THUNDER AND A FULL YEAR IN 09 WILL HELP OUR STANDINGS CONSIDERABLY - THIS IS FRED AND JOES POSITION, NO DOUBT.

OLINE - STILL NEEDS SOME WORK, SHERIDAN WILL BE GONE, GOODSPEED SHOULD BE GONE AS WELL.

RECIEVERS - BRYANT, ARMSTRONG, EDWARDS, FRANKLIN ARE FOR SURES, BUT WITH MILT RETIRING, WHO STEPS IN? I LIKE HARGREAVES (GREAT YOUNG CANUCK WITH GOOD HANDS) REMINDS ME OF A TALLER/STRONGER STODDARD, KERRY JOHNSON IS STILL ON THE LIST, SHOWED GREAT HANDS WHENEVER HE WAS IN. STODDARD WILL BE GONE, SORRY JAMIE, YOU DID GREAT THINGS, BUT TIME TO MOVE AHEAD.

K/P - WELL LOOKS AS THOUGH SERNA HAS THE WHOLE TEAM RALLYING AROUND HIM AND HE IS ONLY 23 YEARS OLD, GIVEN TIME HE COULD BE A GREAT KICKER, HIS PUNTING ID AS GOOD AS IT NEEDS TO BE AND CAN ONLY IMPROVE, LOOKS LIKE SERNA EARNED A SPOT WITH THE TEAM AS EVERY PLSYER AND COACH HAS NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THE KID AND THEY ALL HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR THE KID, GIVE HIM A BREAK AND SEE IF HE IMPROVES NEXT YEAR, UNLESS HE BLOWS IT IN THE PLAYOFFS. EITHER WAY EXPECT COMPETITION IN 09.

D-LINE - NOTHING NEEDS TO CHANGE HERE - WALLS HAS IMPROVED GREATLY, BROWN IS ALWAY'S A WARRIOR, KAI ELLIS IS A HUGE PICK UP, CANADA WANTS TO BE BACK AND MANAGEMENT WANTS HIM BACK, HE HAS ALOT TO PROVE, THIS LINE NEEDS NO IMPROVEMENT.

LINEBACKERS - WELL MORENO, LOBEDAHN AND SIMPSON (IF HE RETURNS) WOULD BE THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE, WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE CAM HALL AND CHARLTON? EITHER WAY WE HAVE THE 3 BEST MLB'S IN THE LEAGUE AND IF ONE OF THEM OR 2 OF THEM CAN PLAY SAM, LOOK OUT!!

HB'S - SAMUELS, THE M+M'S (GREAT IMPROVEMENT THIS YEAR) JOHNSON, AMOS SHOULD START NEXT YEAR AND BEAN SHOULD BE GONE, HE IS FINISHED. OF COURSE TAMAN WILL BRING IN NEW TALENT TO PUSH EVERYONE AND ALWAY'S SEEMS TO FIND A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, JOHNSON IS LOOKING AT THE NFL AGAIN!! HMMM, IF HE MAKES IT, PLEASE BRING IN ANYONE BUT BEAN, PLEASE!!!

SAFETY - IAN LOGAN CAN ONLY IMPROVE, WE HOPE, HE WON'T BE A KYRIES HEBERT, BUT HAS DONE GOOD THIS YEAR.

...AS far as 09 goes.......and this is just a rumour right now..... BUT...look for the Bombers to go hard after Arland Bruce 111, who is a fa after this season.......very good friends of Edwards on the BigBlue...I think he'll look good replacing Milt on our receiving corps//// :wink:...But lets take care of 08 first.... :rockin:

I liked the signing of Randall, but he looks pretty terrible. Keep Glenn/Dinwiddie as the top two, in that order, for next year, and maybe the year after we move on to Dinwiddie (or, if Randall or Chang develop a ton, maybe one of them, but I doubt either, especially Randall, will be ready in two years). As for WRs, Johnson’s good and Hargreaves has a lot of promise. Edwards should stop giving up on close plays to whine for a penalty. I’d like to see Serna back, he’s got his confidence back now and is punting pretty well. There will be competition next year, but I see the potential to be a very good kicker. Defense looks very promising, I think we need some more DB depth, but the LB and DL groups are awesome. We’re in pretty good shape going into 09.

what are you talking about there buddy. he has starter written all over him. he makes good reads, has a fast confident release, and is quick on his feet and can throw on the run. got more heat under his ball then ryan does. this guy has looked very good so far seeing how he maybe has 1 game totalt under his belt. I can;t wait to see him develop even more. the bombers just gotta make sure to keep him around.

He looked better after a while, but for a few possessions there to start he made awful reads, should've had two passes picked, got lucky that nobody could catch one and that bryant stole one back, and the past two games he was 3/10 and could easily have had 3 picks, not 1. He's got a good arm and he's very fast, yes, but I certainly don't see these good reads he's making, he's very fortunate to not have thrown 5 or 6 picks so far, and he's only thrown 22 passes.

ia gree with the statment about the picks. and he did get lucky. but once he got passed the one or 2 throws today he did fine. still hasn;t played 60 minutes of cfl football and gt the job done enough. it hink he gives the bomber a whole new look in the iupcoming seasons. has the ability to be the best qb taman has brought to winnipeg.

I disagree with the Randall talk of him being great like i have no idea what you guys see but this guy is a run 1st throw 2nd QB it just ain't going to work when teams start containing him. He's another Printers we might get 1 amazing year out of randall but nothing more.

Also just a point going into the GC i believe Stegall has to step up if he wants to win it just look at the past in sports when players wanted to win it the most they step up in the post season and played there absolute best. I just want to see Stegall throughout the post season with the mentality/intensity he had in the Grey cup last year because the team just strives off his energy.