Time to clean house

At 2-12 or 4-10 they would be overpaying Harris. At 8-6 and in the thick of the playoffs they would not be. The reason that they are not competitive has nothing to do with Harris and everything to do with Elizondo (and his boss that doesn't hold him accountable). With a proper coach the Elks would be battling with the rest for a home playoff date and Harris would be their ticket. They axed the wrong guy.

1 Like

As an outsider, it seems to me that Edmonton has had trouble with its offensive line this year. Is that accurate?

1 Like

Depends on which Harris shows up, his whole career he can go from hero one week to zero the next.

1 Like

Well the running game certainly is nothing special, and early in the season they did give up a lot of sacks.

I think there are still issues.

With the organization in disarray as a whole as certain affects everything negatively, it feels like there has never been good chemistry between quarterback and receivers all season.

1 Like

Yes. He would have started a lot more games but for consistency. His losses always seemed to come in bunches, in Toronto, Ottawa, and Edmonton.

It starts at the top with the Board IMO. I think the slow decline of the fanbase in the last 15 years starts with them, then hiring Len Rhodes who IMO was bad for the team and League, then Presson who looks to know nothing about the history of the team and League for that matter.

I was a Sunderland fan as I thought he was one of the Next Gen CFl GM's, but it's become pretty apparent that the way he does thing isn't positive froma team building perspective, even if I think on paper the team is nowhere near as bad as their record. Being a disciple of Popp and Desjardins should have been a red flag though when I think about it in hindsight.

Elizondo is a joke of a coach, and his Trestman way of doing things is not only outdated, but even the offense no longer works. One of the worst hires I've ever seen, but hey at least they didn't rehire Kavis...

1 Like

On pourrait faire un échange : vous nous envoyez Sunderland et on vous envoie Maciocia. Je blague! :wink:

1 Like

Yes that's accurate. From the beginning of thelr pathetic season Edmonton's skimped on Harris' protection. Now that he's a beaten wreck and safely shipped out of town, Edmonton's tall foreheads will claim that they've 'fixed' the problem. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Because the Elks have had 2 home playoff games in that time? The team hasn't struggled like this since the early 60's. That was when my dad got prime season tickets in row 7 right behind the bench at old Clarke stadium. They weren't selling tickets then either.

1 Like

Je pense que l'idée est de pouvoir dire qu'avec Cornelius, l'équipe n'est pas pire qu'avec Harris, en attendant qu'elle devienne mieux. Ça vaut ce que ça vaut, mais il faut éventuellement que le progrès soit au rendez-vous.

S'agissant des causes de la descente aux enfers, je pense que la trahison de Chris Jones y est pour beaucoup. Il a pratiquement vid√© Edmonton de ses entra√ģneurs, et l'√©quipe √©tait √† refaire pratiquement de A √† Z.

Mais si on considère que le congédiement de Hervey a été commandé par la haute direction de l'équipe, celle-ci a aussi une bonne part de responsabilité dans ce qui s'est passé par la suite.

1 Like

It's time to call Molly Maid

1 Like

I absolutely agree that the blame for dismantling this once proud franchise goes straight to the top. What Chris Jones didn't gut, your top management dumpsterized.

So last week the Elks officially arrived at rock bottom. Management decided that here was no room for an expensive aging quarterback on this team during the demolition stage so it made sense to get him off the roster as soon as possible. I just hope they don't stop there and delcare this wreck of a team suddenly seaworthy. Harris was not the problem and I would hate to see him scapegoated here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Chris Jones has nothing to do with where the Elks are today. There has been far too much turnover since the 2015 Grey Cup for Jones to be a factor. The 2019 Esks were 8-10 with Brock and Jason's team.

2015 Esks (Jones/Hervey) 14-4
2016 Esks (Maas/Hervey) 10-8
2017 Esks (Maas/Sunderland) 12-6
2018 Esks (Maas/Sunderland) 9-9
2019 Esks (Maas/Sunderland) 8-10

2017 demonstrates that whatever troubles Jones may or may not have left them, they recovered from. The downward trend since then is all on Sunderland and Maas, and this year Elizondo.

I think that football are going through hard times now. Now fewer games are being played and I think that this affects the quality of the game of many football players.

2 Likes

You are totally correct but the president and BOD can go too

I’d LOVE Jones to comeback and run the whole show give him a blank cheque

That will NEVER happen after what he did last time here. Rule number one in life is never trust a traitor - ever.
That and he did more for the Riders than he did for the Elks. The core of their defence is still all the guys he hauled off with him.

1 Like

Somewhat agreed. Mass was doing the best with what he had, which was a QB that falls apart for four consecutive losses a season. I mean really, look at what he's doing with what is at best a second string QB in Saskatchewan this year.

Sunderland and Elizondo I will agree on. Seems now he is trying to make it look like he is doing something. At this point its a little like trying to save the Titanic with a bailing bucket.

Elizondo lost the room early on and Sunderland thinks he hasn't. Elizondo probably told him so while helping him with his tennis game....

2 Likes

I’d like to say that you couldn’t be more wrong and there are tons of fans that want him back in Edmonton so when you say never your wrong

The seasons been a disappointment for sure. We've had our share, every franchise does. Someone said nowhere to go but up, that's true I suppose but a phrase no fan wants to hear.

2 Likes