Time to clean house

This organization used to be the best in the league, it is now one of the worst. Special teams have been garbage for years, every year we have wholesale changes at linebacker, they can't seem to find a backup quarterback, etc, etc. To me Sunderland needs to go and Elizondo right behind him. The way things look right now this team may not win another game this season. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Funny or not, just as I read this topic, my wife stated to vacuum around me.
A little bit funny?? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Edmonton used to be the destination of choice for a lot of players, not so much anymore. This team is going though what the Oilers did for years, no one seemed to want to be here. This team has got to attract good players who want to be here for the long haul. I know this isn't easy, but teams like the Bombers have built a good core and seem to be able to hang on to them.

2 Likes

Chris Jones is back in Canada. Quite sure if you asked he would run from where he is now to come back to the Evil Empire Not many players stick to long haul in the cfl anymore

1 Like

I agree. GM Brock Sunderland has at best been an absolutely lousy GM since the start and I don't believe Jamie Elizondo was the right coach for the Elks either. Get rid of them both.

The difference is that the Blue Bombers have a Canadian management team at the top.

Maybe a 2-12 season will wake up the people upstairs. I haven't been to a game this year and I may go to 1 just to say goodbye to all the great people that we've sat with all these years. I guess I'm just like the team is, I've lost interest.

2 Likes

Reminds me a lot of what's happened in Ottawa, not that we had the winning tradition as long an lustrous as the EE, But we did have a competitive team until 2 seasons ago. Starts with the G.M. As far as Elizondo, well Karma is a bitch, funny thing,

Sure is. But what did the old EE do, way back? Except hire Chris Jones, the ultimate mercenary, in the first place? Milanovich left even later in the process, I think, which created the opening for Elizondo. Sometimes the team that ignores the unwritten rules about coaching moves wins the Grey Cup, like Sask., sometimes they flop, like the current EE. Everybody should play nice, even when desperate like the Elks were after Milanovich.

Your lucky his topic wasn't, "Time to Off My Spouse for the Insurance Payout."

:grin:

1 Like

YIKES!! :face_with_head_bandage:
If I go missing on this site, inform the RCMP

2 Likes

"Breaker, breaker, all units, we have a triangle-playing suspect on the loose. A lady, purportedly his wife, reports he's been missing ever since her vacuum cleaner was found in pieces in the garage. Please detain and report immediately. Out." :policeman:

2 Likes

And it could have been worse I suppose, such as a blender turned on or a toilet flushed.

Please share with her our thanks for her mercy this time.

2 Likes

My wife gives you 2 thumbs up. :+1::+1::face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Read an interesting article where Eddy Steele puts the Elks woes squarely on Sunderland. I see that Duke Williams could be coming back from the NFL, We'll see if Sunderland makes a bid for him.

Well, got my answer, Williams signs with the Riders. Let's just stand pat with a losing lineup Sunderland! Maybe he doesn't have a choice, maybe no one wants to come here.

1 Like

He probably went to Maas. Just my speculation.

1 Like

That's probably it. Maas coached him in Edmonton and reeled him in for Regina. I'll bet he gets a gold star from Fajardo. :grin:

Someone in the media also mentioned that current Roughrider cornerback Nick Marshall, who was Duke Williams quarterback while at Auburn, may have helped land him with the Riders.

2 Likes

This team has clearly given up on itself. That game last night was a total disgrace, this whole organization should be ashamed of themselves.

2 Likes