Time to Clean House

.....This team doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit'....I'll give them a meaning...It;s what the players did in Regina. There 's going to be some major changes up coming shortly and a few players will not be wearing Bomber colours anymore I will surmise :thdn: What a supreme effort for a new coach....Disgraceful :thdn: Time to get ready for next year :x

1. Fire Joe Mack

2. Apologize to Paul LaPolice, it wasn't your fault, offer him the job as GM~Head Coach.

Now, I can make lots of arguments against that. . .

But, could anything possibly be worse than what we witnessed today ?

If this is a sample of what Gary Crowton is going to do now that he's freed from LaPo's 'chains,' God help the Blue Bombers and their fans.

I feel the Bomber fans pain right now. That was tough to watch...

It bears repeating: mid-season coaching changes almost never help a team improve its record that season. Burke may do fantastic things as Winnipeg's HC next year, but right now, he's a sitting duck. There's not enough time to fix what's broken or bring in new ideas / personnel whole-sale and still field a competitive team.

Not expecting improvement. . . but certainly wasn't expecting regression, which is what we saw today.

The Bombers played much, much better their last 2 games than they did today. Much better.

Today's display was just plain embarrassing.

After watching that game, all I can say is that I'm glad I'm a Leaf fan, because it has conditioned me to look ahead, to a sunny future, to cloudless days, a puppy chasing his tail, smiling faces, world peace............That was worse than withdrawal.

Oh yea, it wouldn't surprise me that somewhere Paul has a smile on his face, just a small one !

would have expected a little more on the field than what we witnessed today. They were in the game when they played the Lions.

They were not today.

That showing was as pathetic as the pathetic firing of Lapolice.

I speculated on this right when LaPo was fired, but after today, it might be worth considering: maybe LaPo was the glue that made the offense even remotely productive. We got to see 100% Crowton this afternoon, and it was fugly.

Now pops, you know better than to pass judgement based on this game. I swear, the Rider faithful are probably lacing the Bombers pregame meals with some of that ‘hillbilly heroin’ or whatever’s big in the Queen City these days, jjk Rider fans.

In either case, the Bombers have lost their attitude on the field but, NFL cuts are now available and they can add few nasty characters in no time.

Gary Crowton was mentored by LaPo in the finer points of running a CFL offence. What we saw today is the result of that mentoring - a lot of concepts that LaPo used to run. The ones that come straight to mind - 2nd and long inside the bomber 20, run play up the middle.

Glue is a really strong word. If LaPo was holding the offense together it was with some really old chewing gum because it wasn't holding together all that well.

Bottom line, this loss falls on both the players and the coaches. The players failed to develop or maintain any emotion in this game. Penalties again, too many needless ones at inopportune times giving the riders extending rider drives and shortening the field. The D on the field way too long because of an inept offense. A QB whose feet are too slow to step up or move outside the pocket when the pass rush gets to him.

And the Riders clearly outcoached the bomber side. Early on Logan gets a great blitz sack on Durant. Riders adapt to slow the pass rush as pointed out by Suitor by using extra blockers to give durant some extra time and to allow the veteran receivers to make plays. Bombers had a good pass rush early, Riders made an adjustment and pass rush contained for most of the rest of the game. Riders went after Elliott all game long, the Oline often had trouble containing the rush, and although Elliott was only sacked twice on the stat sheet (really? only 2? seems like it should be higher), he was rushed into making bad throws and took a lot of hits. And even the couple of times Elliott had time to make a throw he was off target. The HC and OC failed to make the necessary in game adjustments to help buy Elliott more time like the Riders did for durant and took too long to pull the trigger on an ineffective Elliott and try change the tempo with a more mobile Brink, instead waiting until the game was well beyond reach and beyond any point where any momentum might have helped inspire the players. Terrible performance by every player and coach.

Look at this, a Bomber loss and another Alouette thread! yay! (lloking at how many Montreal fans are in this thread)

That was the worst game I have seen a Bomber team play, and I've been watching for 30 years. To all you Montreal fans that are obsessed with our team, I'll fill you in with a litle info...we never win this game! Records don't mean squat for LDC games, Riders have our #. Like Piggy said, they drug our food or something.....So please don't jump to conclusions yet. Now if the same result were to happen next week, then yes by all means you can jump to those conclusions.

My thoughts on the game....I've been hard on the D all year, now do you montreal fans see why? they were down right awful. Worst performance I've ever seen. I wondered what would happen with Burke leaving his spot...now I know. Hefney was burnt left & right, Johnson never puts in any effort, even Stewart played his worst game as a Bomber (even though he was in on seemingly every play). Just pathetic coverage. It started off good, if we could have just wrapped up Durant early you never know how the game would change, he just slipped through our fingers too mant times.

To all you Elliott fans...that was way worse than anything Brink has done all year. 60 yards - are you serious?? If we could field a freaking punt Brink could have showcased himself a little in the fourth. just a terrible, ugly game in all facets. The only positive I saw was the Oline gave Elliott pleanty of time to throw early in the game.

I'm getting tired of waiting for simpson to have that big game. Maybe we should go after one of edmonton's big 3. I could care less about giving up Hefney.

All I can say, is that if that is the effort they put in next week, they better watch out because the fans will let them know this is BS!

Also, there had better be roster changes after this. burke has now sen how players respond, time to reward those that do and make those that don't pay. Ship them out!

We can thank Mack and the Board for their cheap ass ways of destroying this team. This season and seasons to come will be like this as long as they are cheap jerks treating the fans like garbage! Now I hope they lose every game the rest of the season. Bad organization from top to bottom. There is no one who can fix this team. :frowning:

Really? You're going to try and hang this embarassment on LaPolice? Might as well tell everyone that Burke was mentored by Lapolice on the finer points of running a defence or that Kyle Walters was mentored on the finer points of running specials.

Burke has no clue what he's doing on offence - - he said as much himself earlier in the week. And I told you what to expect from Crowton as soon as he was hired.

You put a rookie QB with a couple of coaches who don't know what's going on and this is the result. Zero points. Short of hiring a "Quality Control" coach to be the de facto OC, the only hope now is a QB who can call his own plays. Buck has the best chance of success doing that.

I was. Didn't expect a shut out. But this was never about the HC.Seldom ever is.

Word is Mack was waiting for the players in the locker room after the game and tore them a new one. They've really made him look like a complete incompetent. Interviews the player then claims that it forced him to fire the coach and they come back with this LOL! I wonder who he trades this week ? Johnson or Hefney ?

Yes, he did.

And yes, you did.

Look at this, LetsGoBlue continuing to labour under the illusion that he can dictate who posts where on this forum!

That was the worst game I have seen a Bomber team play, and I've been watching for 30 years. To all you Montreal fans that are obsessed with our team, I'll fill you in with a litle info...we never win this game! Records don't mean squat for LDC games, Riders have our #. Like Piggy said, they drug our food or something.....So please don't jump to conclusions yet. Now if the same result were to happen next week, then yes by all means you can jump to those conclusions.
It may shock you, but fans of other teams are well aware that the Bombers rarely win the LDC. It's part of why I had SSK in BigDave's pool. But to get absolutely brutalized like this, shut out on offense, torched on D, annihilated on special teams, to the tune of 52-0? Not something you can just write off IMO. I was expecting a loss -- I wasn't expecting a slaughter.
My thoughts on the game....I've been hard on the D all year, now do you montreal fans see why? they were down right awful.
They were awful yesterday. They weren't playing like that earlier in the season, especially when dealing with multiple injuries. Not really sure what your point is. And please quit presuming to instruct Als fans on how things are. We can follow the game just as well as you can.