Time to blow up Tiger-Katz (Jim Lang, Sportsnet)

[url=http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/jim_lang/2006/08/27/time_to_blow_up_tigerkatz/]http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/jim_lang ... tigerkatz/[/url]

Another take on this current debacle.

Oski Wee Wee,

Its so easy for people to say "Make changes now" but the smart people are the ones that reaize that there isnt much out there.

but its better to cut players and fire people right now than drag it out for the rest of the season.

With Taff Gone now ...
who do we change to

No it isnt, You have to have somebody in charge, you cant just change Head Coach and co-ordinators now... blow it up in October and search again.

Thats knee jerk reactions and we dont need it.

If we cant find the right person (people) then i'll live with this.

I agree with playmaker88, Hamilton has to make changes now. That was embarrassing to watch last night EVEN FOR A RIDER FAN. We've been there and I cant stand to see another team totally self destruct like that. they've had time to look at some people i hope and nows the time to make changes. If you wait till the end of the year or offseason your gonna kill your season ticket sales next year and no one in this league can afford that. Start with a new GM asap, let him have a say in the coach but get moving now. Might not hurt to get some NFL cuts into town soon either. Ivor Wynne is notoriously a tough place to play but last night 'im sure you'll agreee it was not

Actually its a good idea to make changes from a buisness sense. If nothing is done then where will the ticket renewals come fro?. If you wait until December before you hire a GM what are the odds of the new guy having time to put a new staff in place before February? If you don't have a staff in place by February what are the odds of that GM being able to recruit free agents and US college players of significance? Nope I disagree with waiting, a search for a GM needs to happen NOW and the fans need to know that its ongoing as do the players if anything positive is going to come out of this season

I agree with playmaker88, Hamilton has to make changes now. That was embarrassing to watch last night EVEN FOR A RIDER FAN. We've been there and I cant stand to see another team totally self destruct like that. they've had time to look at some people i hope and nows the time to make changes. If you wait till the end of the year or offseason your gonna kill your season ticket sales next year and no one in this league can afford that. Start with a new GM asap, let him have a say in the coach but get moving now. Might not hurt to get some NFL cuts into town soon either. Ivor Wynne is notoriously a tough place to play but last night 'im sure you'll agreee it was not

if you delay till the late fall/winter to make changes, you'll be behind again and the cycle will continue, its important to get a new staff ASAP, new system ASAP, seas tickets for 2007 ASAP, house cleaning ASAP.

The only change that needs to be made right now is the offensive co-ordinator.Pao Pao has mismanaged this teams offence since he got here.I don't care who they bring in for the rest of the year. Can it get any worse? Can anyone ever remember seeing an offence so bad....anywhere, ever??????

Moving on the GM front is clearly the call. The question is how far along is the organization in getting that done.

Mike McCarthy is more than a quick fix. The man has a track record as an excellent evaluator and recruiter of talent. He knows what Hamilton football is about.

I do not advocate a quick fix for a quck fix's sake. Since the Taaffe avenue is closed, there really isn't an available person for head coach whose identity jumps out at me.

A signal has to be sent before the ticket renewal issue is front and centre. This is clear to me.

Oski Wee Wee,

where is taffe coaching?

also whats lancaster's experience as coordinator? has he ever coached offense and called plays, beacuse if so he should fire paopao and assume playcalling, or at least just give the offense to maas and allow him to call his own plays.

He's the OC with the Pitt Panthers in the NCAA under Dave Wannstadt if I read Crash's linked article correctly.

Changing the OC may be the only feasible move the team can make before Labour Day. Move Perry Marchese up to OC, tweak the playbook (with Lancaster's help), then let Maas call his own plays for that game. I think other changes can be done with more time.

I agree that a new GM is the priority. I wonder why Eric Tillman wasn't brought in months ago.

Perhaps his four year, million dollar fee was considered too hard to swallow.

there must be a high school o/c coach out there somewhere who can come with a gameplan that can do better than 10 rushing yards per game. and can give you last year's mvp runner up and top all purpose yards player a better go than -5 yards total like last night.

A horrible thought occurred to me as I was reading Jim Lang’s column. I certainly hope this does not come true, but I know that in the past on these boards, Bob has defended and said how much he likes Roy Shivers. You don’t think the Caretaker would consider him for GM of the Ti-Cats? Do you?

You could do a lot worse than Shivers. Tilman inherits a team on the cusp of greatness. Granted, it took him little longer than the people in Sask thought it would but this team will be strong for the next 5-7 years.

An Argo fan