Time for Coach Charlie...to kick some butt's....

I hope Coach Taffee kicks some ass...big-time.
The defence, should take a long look in the mirror after that sad display of play in Calgary. They might as well have stayed at home.

The offence was not that much better...

A poor display of football, by 98% of the players on this team...period. The D/C and the O/C had also get their heads, out of the sand... this is not High-School football gentlemen, but what we saw to-night, sure as hell looked like it. :thdn:

Nothing wrong with the OC.

Offense had 6 turnovers. That's on the players. Marcel is ot fumbling and throwing telegraphed picks.

Games are won in the trenches; and ours are severely lacking, not withstanding Calgary is a good team!

Nothing wrong with the OC
I beg to differ CaptainKirk.... The OC's play calling is very perdictable...was there even one screen pass/play, not that I recall. And, running the ball in the 3rd quarter, when you are down by 3 scores ???? And let's not even get started on the D/C, as I've seen better play/calling in High School. I think Coach Taffee needs to sit the coaches and players down...and get back to the basic's of football. I saw too many player's not giving 100% in the Calgary game, on both sides of the ball, and that is pure fact... This horrific display of "teamwork" should fall onto the back's of the players, and the O/C and D/C coaching staff. Now it's up to Taffee, to do something about this mess.

I dunno. I really don't think the number of screen plays is rellvent, and as far as running goes, it's your strength and that's probably what the D was giving up at the time. You exploit what you can and strike when an oppurtunity presents itself, which it never eally did at that point.

You can`t blame the OC for the offense last night.

It came down to players, and they are absolutely accountable for their actions. If Printers doesnt throw those pics, and doesnt fumble. We actually could have been right in there at one point. At times we were moving the ball, but due to the players mistakes, we couldn`t score points.

The Defense is a different story. When a team comes out and scores 29 points in the first half. You know your in for a long night. I would give Creehan another game or 2. If this doesnt tighten up, we might be looking for a new DC.

Agreed whole heartedly!

I would give Creehan another game or 2. If this doesn`t tighten up, we might be looking for a new DC.
Maybe we should just wait for Stubler to become available.

Wouldn't that be precious!

Yes,

Stubler back in Hamilton. Man, I miss old Steeltown hard nosed defense. Zambiasi, Hitchcock, Covington, Mosca....... It`s so sad to see our defence play like this for so many years!!

When a team gets some defense and field position the offense will look better. Our defense is the worst in the league and Obie needs to address Cereehan and Taffs inability to provide any kind of leadership on the sidelines during a game.

LEO1 wrote,

When a team gets some defense and field position the offense will look better. Our defense is the worst in the league and Obie needs to address Cereehan and Taffs inability to provide any kind of leadership on the sidelines during a game.
Isn`t that the truth!!!

Its hard to even judge the oc on last nights game. the players didnt let his game plan even become a factor so how can he be judged? he didnt come here to teach players not to fumble and kill drives. Printers has to relax, I think he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders right now. In bc he came off the bench with no pressure and just a chance to show what he could do, here he is the man, the savior.......whatever else label that was put on him and some he put on himself but to me, he is just too tight and needs to relax, have fun and stop forcing the game.

Charlie has been around for a year and a half with no sign that he has done what this topic suggests. What makes anyone think he will start now?

What makes anyone think he will start now?
The clock is ticking...mr62cates. With Obie..upstairs, every player and every coach, had better play to their max ability..or they will find themselves unemployed, much sooner than later. Bob does not tolerate less than 100%.

Cheers

SJRiley: My guess is that Charlie, Denny and Marcel are on borrowed time right now.
I hate to keep posting about the coaching problems but we sure have our share of posters who seem happy to let this mess continue week after week.
I just can't see Obie allowing it to go on like this much longer.
To me the isssue is the future...not waiting around to see if things will miraculously turn around later this season.
I have seen enough over the past season and a half to convince me that Charlie (who was great to talk with recently) is not the guy for the future. Not enough moments to give us any hope for the future. He has had enough time. Sorry to have to say this.

i don't think management (mainly obie) will let this go too long into the season before changes will be made.

I think the OC needs some foot/butt conversation. The loss to Sask was his fault. Printers can run, Printers can throw short passes. Things have to be done to take the load off Jessie so he can run. The plays at centre field caused the loss to Riders. Where are play sequences with both Tre and Jessie in the backfield? Why are few option plays run by Printers. Yes we dont want him hurt, but even short runs and feet first slides will keep the opposition from zeroing in on #28