Time for CFL to Ban the TD Antics

Boy, did I ever miss the boat! I thought people watched the CFL because the game was entertaining. Imagine my surprise when I learned that it is the end zone dance that people really get off on.
In most sports, a player who scores celebrates in some visible way – a fist pump, a raised hockey stick, or even Geroy Simon’s end zone pose. What is unfathomable to me is that a bunch of grown men would actually get together in advance to plan and choreograph an inane pantomime and think it made them look something other than ridiculous. “I know! I know! (Breathlessly) Let’s all flop down in the end zone and, and – I got it! - pretend we’re a bobsled team and, and….?
Yikes!
Personally, I don’t care whether or not they ban end zone celebrations; I do think that if you find them highly entertaining, you really ought to get out more.

The funny thing is, this time they spend rehearsing dance moves could presumably be spent watching film, practicing routes, or lifting weights.

I would have to think that you would not get to the "dance" or "swimsuit" portions of the practice until you believe you have abolutely mastered everything else. In other words, you'd better have a perfect won-loss record before you start twinkling those toes.

You think these guys practice 24 hours a day? It's not like they are taking time out of their drills to make up a touchdown dance.

The dances don't take up any extra time. While they're doing their dance the convert unit is on their way out there.

I haven't read a valid reason to ban TD dances yet.

Unprofessional, looks ridiculous, poor sportsmanship, unnecessary motivation for the other team, sets bad example for young fans.

And don’t forget the Blue Bomber curse. Can you think of any other reason why they lost in 2001?

So, when a soccer player scores a goal, runs all the way around the pitch, jumps around, and takes off articles of clothing, and possibly running around with his shirt over his head, while being kissed by his teammates. Ya, that sounds professional to me. Endzone dances are nothing.

theres only one team thats infamous for it - the stamps....dont like it, then dont watch stamps games....not hard.

First of all: Dancing is for girls.

The 'humping the pole' thing was not humping.. It was a pathetic attempt at mimicing pacman jones' first touchdown in the NFL ... and it failed miserably.

The NFL was astute and recognized this as being a problem that is out of controll. And they were right .. From Sharpie incidents, to cell phone comedy, to goofy cheerleader proposals, to santa-clause costumes w/ live reindeer, is where things are heading ... so they stopped it.

When the side show antics, and the outlandish escapades of an ego maniac overshadow the play on the field - it should be stopped. If poor attempts at comic relief, choreographed dance routines, and over-the-top celebrations with childish playground attitude is what turns you on - rent a Pauly Shore movie, and open up your seat for someone that wants to watch football. Guarenteed, 95% of people will remember the touchdown dance over the fact that Owens was playing the Seahawks on a Monday Night.. or that Joe Horn had just scored his 4th TD of the game ... When the antics overshadow the play on the field, its detremental to the game.

Dance all you want - AFTER - you win the Cup ...

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

If you don’t like it, don’t watch Stamps games??

Drummer, you disappoint me; that was pretty juvenile. All these people are saying is that they tune in the CFL because they like football. Why shouldn’t they watch it? Stamps games are billed as football games, aren’t they? Some people are of the opinion that the game is the thing and that the “sideshow? is crap. That’s a valid opinion to which they are entitled.

Are you serious? Watching film, running routes or lifting weights?

How much time do you think Nik Lewis, Copeland, and all the receivers who dance work out, watch extra film? Probably alot more then you think. They’re all in top condition, and they’re all very good receivers.

The only reason most people don’t like the TD dances is because they’re people in the ages of 25-40 who liked the old school days of it.

I thought that bobsledding dance was hilarious.

You also probably never liked it when the MTL player said “It’s going down” or when Nik Lewis said “TSN… holla at me.”

LOL ... at 28 you are a 'puppy'

The Bobsled and others ..... rule!

I love when the players talk trash to the camera.

yea, i guess it was juvenile of me to remind you, u have a choice…silly me.

nothing like all the times people tell playmaker88 or argos_bills, if they dont like it, then don’t watch.

Remember when RJ Soward ran up into the stands for popcorn in last year's Eastern final after scoring a TD in the first quarter? And then how his team got trounced for the rest of the game?

That was a brilliant move by him. Didn't make him look ridiculous at all. We need more of this kind of well-thought-out creativity from our players. Forget about the playing field, it's what you do after the play that matters.

Here's a more detailed account of that moment of infamy.

http://tinyurl.com/mlbmz

who created that website? if your gonna post a link, post a credible website with real journalists, and not some website that was created in 5 minutes.

next try www.tsn.ca

Brilliant! Beautifull and so well Deserving! :thup:

Thanks so much for that :thup:

A Fitting Tribute! :thup: :thup:

two things.
1)Most complaints are about planed celebrations. I doubt RJ was thinking: “OK, I catch the TD, have my momentum carry me into that tent, then a guy will have his popcorn there and I’ll grab it.”

2)Any one who actually thinks that caused the Argos to lose needs to ask themselves why Calgary doesn’t lose all their games, they always celebrate.

You think that pulling out a magazine from the goal post padding was spontaneous?

Especially if said magazine was along the lines of something produced by High Heffner or Larry Flint. And jm and Third thought me looking like Howdy Doody made me a "sticky". :lol:

Yes I can see how this would effect losers! ha ha ha

Thats added entertainment! Why in the world would you want it removed! Maybe football is to much for you guys! Maybe lawn bowling would be more exciting for you!