TIME FOR A CHANG(E)!!!!!

Yes, I'll have to back off on the forum complaint. I love this web site and it is an excellent forum.

Go Cats Go.

Thanks Bob Young for this great site.

Timmy Chang.

It looks like we're going to be rebuilding this year anyways so why not go with the future. Besides... it would be pretty hard to play worse than Maas.

sorry guys couldnt help it. hey bottom line its one game and i agree we can one game ourselves to another miserable 4 win season but I dont think Taffe is that kind of coach. Before we give up and hang these guys lets see what this staff is made of. Maas is not the answer. thats just my oppinion. lol

And you felt compelled to start a NEW thread titled the exact same way for what??

I think its a good idea so I dont have to sift through old threads to the last posts.... Something fresh something new? Perhaps.... OR MAYBE ITS A METAPHORE.... New thread... New QB! YOU MAKE THE CONNECTIOn!

lol your half the distance i just felt like saying time for a chang e because i was impressed with how witty it was. i thought it would be wasted as a post on a already existing thread. oh well i hope you arent offended! lol oh wait i dont really care.

I see how everybody is now using my slogan "Time for a Chang(e)". :slight_smile:
I believe I was the first to use this slogan way back in training camp.

anyways, I like how Timmy Chang plays. He's exciting to watch. Eventhough he threw that interception, he was going for all-or-nothing. He was trying for a touchdown rather than a dink-n-dunk 5 yard flat pattern. I'd rather have a QB who throws a deep interception and a QB doesn't throw interceptions but punts on every possession.
But that possesion really should have been a touchdown. That offsides call nullified a touchdown, but the play afterwards where Chang rolled-out, the WR was being held and a penalty should have been called in the endzone.

Anyways, i still think Maas should start next week. Give Chang some time to watch game tapes and such.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

Maas has gotten enough of a break, the coaches have watched him through offseason surgery, mini camp, training camp, game film, live regular season action tonight. Its clear his arm shot, he is damaged goods, lets face reality the guy is still icing his shoudler before games, i dont want my starting QB to be in that situation. Watching tonight's game was a bunch of rookies, so why not allow a rookie to be the signal caller in Timmy Chang, and acquire an experienced QB like Jarious Jackson and move forward. Its time for Maas to move on and move out. ITS OVA!

I think Maas has run out of chances. How many times can you watch the same story unfold? Put the game in someone elses hands(Changs) and see if they rise to the occasion. Maas has had the Cats brass duped for 2 years now. It is time to move forward.

How many times can we the fans run a QB out of town with our constant bashing and love affairs with our back-up QB's?

Cutting Maas at this point in the season (which is funny to say considering it's after one game) is not a step forward.

cutting Maas is the only and right option, We gotta be like Al Davis "Just win Baby" Cut Maas, start Chang, make a trade for Jarious Jackson, have a fresh clean slate. Run the West Coast offense, with a balanced running game. Also I would like to see Corey Holmes used in a more effective Hybrid WR/RB role similar to how Brian Westbrooke and Reggie Bush are used in the NFL.

Well I guess Marcel better get on it then.

It's the "only" and "right" option to cut our only QB with any experience.

Jarious Jackson? That's kinda out of left field.

By the way, Al Davis hasn't won a championship in 23 years and has had the worst team in the NFL for the last two.

How many times can we the fans run a QB out of town with our constant bashing and love affairs with our back-up QB's?

Cutting Maas at this point in the season (which is funny to say considering it's after one game) is not a step forward.

who have we run out?
I think in for the most part we give our QB's the chnce to perform. It may not be the most plesant thing but when your time has come, it is time to go. Not to say Maas has to go but, does he deserve to start?

Al Davis did make the superbowl in 2003, and was 3 time afc west division champ. al Davis is a legend, bob young could learn from him. Al Davis was a nobody and turned himself and the raiders into a somebody.

Ok I wouldnt mind if they didnt get Jarious Jackson, just keep Williams and Chang, honeslty you dont even need 3 QBs, 2 is more than enough, Id rather have 2 QBs on the active roster, because they could share reps in practice and you could use the roster spot on a WR.

honeslty you dont even need 3 QBs, 2 is more than enough, Id rather have 2 QBs on the active roster, because they could share reps in practice and you could use the roster spot on a WR.
now that is sensible

Are you serious about only keeping 2 QB's on the roster? Find me 1 Pro team with only 2 QB's on the roster. The 3rd stringer is pretty important charting plays and sending in plays from the OC.

New England Patriots, they used Tom Brady and Matt Cassell, superbowl champs only used peyton manning and Jim sorgi, those two teams are pretty successfull. Charting plays can be done by another assistant coach, the ticats aint that cheap, why cant they spend money on a QB coach to solely work with QBs, chart plays and develop QBS.
keeping 2 QBs isnt a radical idea, its sensible, the starter could get 70 % of practice reps, backup get 30% of reps. Its very workable. You could always keep a young on the practice roster to run the scout team. Also you rarely even see a 3rd stringer, and lets say you need a 3rd stringer in the game its emergency anyways so you could always have a WR work some reps at QB.

This guy is exciting!

What he does that Maas doesn't....move the pocket. This is so important!

He's got a great arm.

He gets rid of the ball quickly.

He has run this type of offence before, so he knows it. Maas is still learning it. Says it takes 3 years....Come on!

Chang is no rookie...he does have some pro experience. Taaffe likes him. An Edmonton pick. Nuff said. No teams have enough tape on this guy. Start him nown and he will surprise many teams = WINS!