Tim White is now Outstanding!

Ho-hum, another big nhite for White

4 Likes

What an idiotic post!!

9 Likes

Congratulations Hamilton, BIG, BIGGER, BIGGEST clutch victory vs Calgary.
Tim earned his pay check today.

6 Likes

:100: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Although we may completely disagree with the original sentiment of the topic, Tim's performance last night and for most of the year has been good if not great.

We can go forward with that. I had to restrain my reply at the end of the game last night... just a LITTLE pumped.

9 Likes

Can someone change the title of the thread to

Tim White used to be an idiot; but now he is GREAT!

Or do you think he read this thread and got fired up and we don't want to jinx it now. :wink:

4 Likes

looks fixed now
The forgivness on this forum makes my heart swell

Was he though? For making a tackle immediately but in a slightly inopportune spot?

Iā€™m not sure there is a coach in football who would tell a player to look around at the yard markers and calculate the ideal place for a tackle, versus just tackling the guy as soon as you can.

Imagine if the defender had run it back 110 yards because White was aiming to be clever and let him run it back just five.

6 Likes

I'm pretty sure I once posted this link months, if not a year or more, ago, but am doing so again because I'd like every TiCat fan to know Tim's story. This was written 6 years ago, 2 years before White played 3 NFL games with the Ravens, then spent time with the Jets and the Saints before signing with the Tiger-Cats in March of '21.

I think Tim White is just amazing, in many ways.

9 Likes

Heā€™s the teamā€™s nominee for most outstanding playerā€¦.

4 Likes

The moderators should have deleted this thread as soon as they read the original thread title, which was inappropriate.

4 Likes

Let's keep the focus of the thread on Tim White, not on other posters.

Hi Dave, while I agree whole-heartedly, I donā€™t like that we have a header calling any one of our boys an idiot. Can that be deleted from the header at least?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll raise the issue with the other mods again, but I think players, coaches, GMs, owners, etc. are fair game for that type of criticism. There is some language we wouldnā€™t allow, but ā€œidiotā€ has generally been allowed.

@Katmandu
Care to take the initiative and adjust your title wording to something more moderate?

1 Like

100% agreed. That ball should never been thrown; but we got away throwing to same spot earlier leading to TD so we tried it again. It was against the wind and Tim White made the correct play in tackling the player as soon as he could.

My comment was made in jest and I never thought my request would be implemented.

As the saying goes ā€¦be careful what you wish for ā€¦you may get it!

So here and nowā€¦I am asking for the Tiger-Cats to be 2022 Grey Cup Champions and Tim White to be MVP!

(And yes, lets change title of thread to ā€œTim White is Greatā€)

3 Likes

Title has been changed.

The Mods.

5 Likes

You mods are great! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks to the Mods; hopefully my other wish will be granted as well!
Oskee wee wee!

I think White has some similarities to Speedy B early in his career here. Great speed, athletic ability and potential to extend plays. Still a bit inconsistent in the pass-catching department, but he is only a second-year player. Banks became a better receiver over time.

There are obvious differences as well, such as usage in the return game.

But Tim is rarely brought down by the first tackler. He's turned a lot of small gains into medium gains by making people miss. There are not many players in the league who do a better job of evading people.

3 Likes

Wow! This is a long read but worth the time. What a marvel it is to know all the difficulties this young man has endured and yet he has overcome it and made so many people proud and inspired.

4 Likes